Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these mortgage repayments too much?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,322 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What I'm getting at is the banks pay the broker, that's a acquisition costs, so are advertising, marketing campaigns etc. If a bank used those options, they need to recoup that via their rate. Some banks can be more competitive by not use brokers.

You won't see whether it affects you rate. It's not like the offer comes with a +0.25% penalty rate. They'll at least get you the market rate for that bank. But the market rate isn't always a banks best rate. I'm not saying avoid them, use them get the offer, and shop yourself too.

I went to a broker recently, he told me up front the best rate he's been getting recently as with Bank A, and Rate A. It was pretty good. I went to a different bank, who only deal direct and had a slightly lower market rate. Shown them the office, and they came back and beat it as a split loan.

I went to anther back, and they matched the Bank A's rate, and gave me 4k to switch. Anoter time, the broker might have stayed the best rate. Shop around.

That's a fair point. A bank that is exclusively through brokers, eliminates staff costs, same as a bank that avoids brokers avoids that costs. I'm thinking more about the big banks that and running both with advertising campaigns out there ears

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Messigoat

Thanks everyone for the information.

I think we're going to get mortgage approval for the €320k and then look around in the new year at other places as were not in any rush and we're hoping we may have a better chance to get an exception in the new year in regards to a bigger mortgage. At least we'll have this one to fall back on if we don't get anything else.

Is it okay to get more than one mortgage approval?

L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

You can get AIP from as many lenders as you wish. I got one from PTSB and one from AIB. I went with the former is it was slightly cheaper for what I needed. From experience, AIB are far, far easier to deal with however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Messigoat

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

LTV> 80%

This means an LTV of greater than or over 80%.

I listed the rates already. Im not telling them to take this rate, they asked if the rate they were told seemed high and I have given examples of lower rates, that’s all.

Post edited by Newbie20 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesYesmortgageIE

I think its worth speaking with a broker in terms of getting a mortgage these days, the process is streamlined and you rarely need to take any time from work to get things done. You will also have the pick of the best rates and life cover to choose from.

Advertisement