Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,328 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yep, Israel and others have been dehumanising Gazans for a long time now. It's disgusting.

Is there a rational politician in Israel? They all seem to be unhinged!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Savages is the buzzword coming out of spox mouth the most (and then after, 'Nazis' 'worse than hitler' 'animals')

I'm sure the mickey mouse connection here to the trail of tears etc is you know, just trivial coincidence

Very mature approach by Republicans to the UN resolution that Israel rejected out of hand 10 mins after it passed

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4313131-desantis-pledges-to-strip-un-funding-after-latest-israel-hamas-resolution-passes/

Meanwhile: tiktok freaking out when they learned that 9/11 was not for so simple a reason as "they hate our freedom TM", something which has resurfaced in the discussion about the Gaza conflict

Fox retracts kneejerk claim it made to defend Israel from critics of ethnic cleansing actions

“I was wrong when I expressly said that Pakistan had expelled Palestinians. The government there is, in fact, kicking out 1.7 million people and what they’re called a ‘tiered repatriation.’ Pakistan says those people are there illegally — they’re illegal immigrants. Now, here’s who they are: mostly Afghans who have tried to flee the Taliban. Some Uyghurs, ethnic Muslims who are facing genocide in China. And some from Iran and other places. So, I want to set the record straight — it is a mixed group of people, mostly Afghans being expelled.”

It was blatant whataboutery on the spot:

MON., NOV. 6: "Five days ago, Pakistan kicked out 1.7 million Palestinians. Where are these people? I mean, don’t they care about the 1.7 million Palestinians that are being, I mean, just expelled from Pakistan right now? Why is that happening? Who is that happening to? Who’s creating a corridor of safety for them to go where? Who wants them? Where will they go? Why don’t they protest some of these other Arab nations that aren’t opening their doors to any Palestinians? The 1.7 million Palestinians getting kicked out of Pakistan and the people who are asked to leave the war zone for their own safety."

Which she still hadn't bothered to check herself on days later:

WED., NOV. 8: "Everybody has a heart for those suffering. (Rashida Tlaib) needs to call the leader of Pakistan where they expelled 1.7 million Palestinians."

Into the 2nd day of looking for Hamas in a hospital, still turning up 'scant evidence'

Free link

Sure though, I already saw that IDF officer in front of both CNN and ABC check behind the curtains. Where are they?

(xerox effect hasn't been kind to life of brian reposters on youtube)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭brickster69

Interesting on BBC just now in the MRI room where the guns were found in the hospital. The reporter mentioned they were found close to bags of medical supplies in bags next to them. A shame that barcode is not a bit clearer

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Radio silence once again when asked to look at a Palestinian and an Israeli as being people of equal value.

Despicable.

Yes I saw that on the 6 news. The War on Hospitals is going at a great pace. Looking forward to IDF's new movie "Hamas HQ The Sequel". I hear it will have extra DVDs and chairs. They might even open the grab bag this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder if the big yellow Toyota 'jeep' that a poster told us goes up and down the tunnels was booby-trapped.

Yeah, an MRI machine...

Unless those rifles were put there recently, or the Hospital hasn't been running MRI's in who knows how long, that cannot be true. Those rusty rifles would have to have been there for a long time, and it doesn't seem that likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What about the 2,000 Palestinians or more detained without either trial or charge in the West Bank since October the 7th?

• Advertisement

Immediate unconditional release and Israeli leadership surrenders to the ICC by the same logic.

This entire Hamas Command Centre in the hospital is very embarrassing for the US as they swallowed the Israeli excuse to commit war crimes and now that nothing substantial was found they will find it hard to save face. A few old rusty guns that the Israelis probably brought in when the egg on their faces solidified does not cut the mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Jerusalem Post have stuff on it. For example 4 IDF were killed by a BT and others suffered serious injuries per the interview with a medic but I can’t remember which website the interview was on it.

I know I know it’s Israeli media.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Also, how would a few guns in a hospital in Gaza city pose a danger to Israel? I'm not sure they've even thought this one out.

Looks like a big discovery is about to be made shortly.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

so Israel do still control the rafah crossing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Just speculating here but Egypt must have to at least tell them roughly x vehicles etc. are going to cross in at x time, or x is expected to come out to Egypt (and have that approved).

They don't want the Irsaeli airforce to bomb whatever is moving on the roads in Gaza or bomb supplies they are sending in etc.

Afair Israel has done airstrikes close to that crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

Is it kind of accepted then that Israel are an occupying force. If Egypt need approval from them for border crossings with gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I thought they were the occupying power (?).

I mean pre this crisis they did not day to day administer the details of what is going on in Gaza but really it is not sovereign, and not anything close to a state.

Israel had a large amount of control over it. It is the same in the West Bank.

I kind of see the Palestinians as almost an internal problem for Israel, but they often seem to be trying to make others responsible for sorting it out, the (other) Arab states, the US, the EU, the UN, god knows who else next. You break it you bought it though.

I notice no fuel to actually run the hospital. Lights, machines, incubators etc. Not allowed it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

If its still there, for sure it is. Just like many other items and places are booby trapped. Realistically, I'd say that vehicles are too important and valuable for Hamaz to needlessly destroy them. But if it was broken down and un-repairable, the yes, it will be booby trapped, Its SOP in situations like this. I've seen booby traps in the most innocuous of places, ingeniously hidden. Rigged so that opening a door or causing the slightest vibration would trigger an explosion. And that's what the IDF have to contend with, and why progress is so slow. Plus the sheer size and scale of the tunnels. They have been likened to the London underground in scale and depth and complexity.

Seems strange they search for hours and find nothing, then get a delivery of medical supplies. Then find a stash of weapons behind a MRI machine next to a cardboard box with bagged up medical supplies all over the floor.

- Camille Paglia

Where have the thousands of Hamas fighters gone? No sign of them around the hospital.

Realistically, I'd say that vehicles are too important and valuable for Hamaz to needlessly destroy them. But if it was broken down and un-repairable, the yes, it will be booby trapped, Its SOP in situations like this. I've seen booby traps in the most innocuous of places, ingeniously hidden. Rigged so that opening a door or causing the slightest vibration would trigger an explosion.

So why did this not happen?

?

I await your expert and experienced response after that 'you've never been in a warzone' smear. A motorcycle, broken down, but you say it's SOP to booby trap it and the room etc. but none of that happened. Much vibration as IDF and news crews stampede around the place, rip back curtains, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

They have since about 2005. All aid for Gaza from the Egyptian side enters via Israel. Trucks are driven into Israel, inspected and then driven along the border under the watch of the IDF and then into Gaza.

In the case of people entering and exiting and the lists we've heard of and Hamas not allowing people leave etc... there's 2 sides to the border. Hamas may let you leave, but that only gets you to the Egyptian side of the crossing. In that case it looks like Israel and Egypt have an agreement and only those on a list may enter Egypt.

So with that and a naval blockade since 2005.... People still think Gaza hasn't been under occupation before the 7/10 attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭rogber

So now that the IDF is seemingly not finding evidence of the hospital being a Hamas command centre, the new line is "they've taken all the stuff away since we identified the hospital as their command centre a few weeks ago".

Hamas is a vile organisation, but come on Israel, you've got to offer more than "the lack of evidence is all the proof we need that we were right"

Journalists really taking the Command Centre argument apart. Making a total joke of Israeli soldiers pointing out parts of the hospital as being tunnels, Command Centre etc. when they turned out to be a liftshaft and a water tank. Its laughable but also so sad that so many had to die in and around the hospital to satisfy the Israeli lust for deaths.

'there's a command and control HQ under the hospital'

'uhm yeah there is'

'we know there is theyre worse than hitler duh'

'check out this CGI, leave the hospital'

'we have the evidence'

'we don't talk about intelligence'

'have you not seen our CGI? Holocaust denier.'

'we have surrounded the hospital because of all the evidence we have'

'we are looking for the evidence'

'they got away with the evidence'

'this baby bottle proves there was a baby hostage in a childrens hospital'

'okay we will bring in large pallets of conspicuously marked 'MEDICAL SUPPLIES''

'Wow look at all these rusted rifles we suddenly found all over the hospital'

'we need a few more weeks to find Hamas in the hospital'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Taken all the stuff???? Hamas managed to move the whole damn command center away by the looks of it. That's some tunneling. Dig out a few feet of dirt, backfill it behind them and shimmy down the strip to the a new location.

On a side note, the actual structure Israel built under the hospital decades ago, have the IDF shown any footage of that? Surely they remember where the entrance was. I'm curious if it was recently in use or abandoned all this time.

Advertisement