Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

PARA 1. Because in a war it is Standard Operating Practice to booby trap inoperative vehicles, or equipment A. to deny the enemy its use and B to kill the enemy. This does not mean that every single vehicle or location will be booby trapped,its all circumstantial based.

PARA 2. Stale Reporting. Hames attacked Israel, 07.11.2023. As early as the 10th newspapers were reporting on what the IDF would face in the tunnels, with booby traps being frequently mentioned. There have been earlier, months earlier in fact, long before Nov 7th reports on what was in the tunnels, based on what the IDF found in them at that time. But these are not the reports I speak about.

PARA 3. Quote" No reports of booby traps in this conflict have been provided" Unquote. Answer :- YET. As for motorbike comment, see PARA 1 for my reply,

You can also go back a few posts where I said that the full story of what happened in these tunnels will take weeks, if not months to come to a conclusion, and no one should be jumping on any narratives right at the start of the operation, which this is. When they have been investigated for 2 or more weeks, then it will be time to start forming more definite conclusions. As for my opinion that they are booby trapped, I'll stick with that. Unreservedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

New weapons stash found at the hospital.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Kiteview

Given there’s a war going on there, talking to anyone who might be able to help ensure people can cross safely is advisable. There’s not much point in having the crossing open if there’s a full scale air strike or land operation happening there/near there when people are trying to cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Source?

The source I gave above and the source below aren't congruent with what you're saying.

If Israel was concerned the border not being open was bad for them why would they frustrate it with their own vehicle checkpoint there?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

I'm not sure you've convinced me. But thanks for info

• Advertisement

Your unreserved opinion has already been refuted by the first piece of evidence...

Let's leave it there.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

At this stage I can only presume this account is fake.

"EXPOSED".

LOL has the twitter account been reading the thread. Nothing in the video mentioned the vehicle being booby trapped, the soldier mentioned just they found it filled with ammunition (and they apparently rifled it all out of there, meaning it was not rigged to blow "at the slightest vibration" according to the SOP provided as conjecture by local military intelligence). It being "booby trapped" appears to be pure hyperbole from the chief Hasbara account.

That's 2 not-rigged vehicles so far by my count. Maybe they will find a few tomorrow now that my objections have been logged.

"We're in the heart of the hospital" literally outdoors and not in the hospital

Near Al-Shifa, not at or in Al-Shifa: dead hostage reportedly found, 65yo female

CBS has not verified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

To be honest you are far too obsessed with trying to nitpick at the smallest things.

I mean seriously, booby-traps being common operating procedure doesn't mean that every, single vehicle is going to be booby-trapped, or that lack of booby-trapped vehicles is blowing open some vast conspiracy. Booby-traps are incredibly common in the Russo-Ukraine war but obviously not every single abandoned vehicle, weapon, building or trench is booby-trapped or even close to it.

Really, this bizarre insistence that in the abscence of visual proof or some independent dossier that such things don't exist is just bizarre and naive. I mean a while back you compared the likelihood of booby traps to Bin Laden having a secret underground fortress.

Because yeah, the liklihood of either is similar. Booby-traps are a staple of any war in modern history, but the Israel-Hamas conflict, in a dense urban conflict zone, where one side is a paramilitary force reliant on small arms.....booby-traps aren't a thing unless explicity proven. Makes sense.

I mean there's no physical evidence linking Hitler to the holocaust, but only an absolute moron would argue that in the absence of proof we can't be sure he knew about it. Sometimes common logic needs to be applied.

They find a car load of weapons and ammunition at the hospital and rather than acknowledge or discuss how that does or does not potentially give validity to claims that Hamas stores weapons in such places, you instead nitpick that the twitter mentions booby-traps, yet the video doesn't.

The Heart of the Hospital - It's not a single building, like most large hospitals in the world. It has large outdoor areas. Did you actually think Al-Shifa was just some small little quaint building? It's a massive complex with several blocks and various other buildings and open spaces in between. The "heart" is the heart of the complex, not any one building.

It looks like a pick up truck, did they stick everything on the back seat or something.

- Camille Paglia

This is all to say, there haven't been any booby traps reported here as of yet.

Correct? Other than that is a recent IDF tweet saying as much but it's video supplied as evidence doesn't support that conclusion.

It's now being watered down from "standard operating procedure" to "common operating procedure" I see.

Like the IDF you liken asking for evidence to holocaust denial? Wowwww.

No problem, I do not agree with you, but in a few weeks ( or maybe days, ) depending on how the IDF get on, we will see if there were / are booby traps in the Gaza tunnels, and if I was right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Kiteview

Truck inspection procedures are standard on almost every international border. We have them on the Holyhead - Dublin (maritime border) but no one would seriously argue that means there is an “obstacle” to goods getting through!

If you mean me as "Military Intelligence", I have never said that every vehicle or location is booby trapped, I said that its all circumstantial, which is true. And so what do you make of the ammunition etc. found? Genuine Hamas or IDF plant?

Can you tell me or show me where I said that everything in or near the tunnels would be booby trapped? Or in fact in any part pf the Area of Operations currently active? Now what do you think about the weapons actually found? Hamas or IDF? Surely you have an opinion on that? Simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

There is no physical evidence linking Hitler to the holocaust. That is a fact. I would say it's also a fact that the odds of Hitler not knowing about the Holocaust are so comically astromonical they are not even worth writing down.

But, by your own logic, we cannot be sure and should not take it as fact without said proof, despite it being overwhelmingly obvious via common sense even a larva would possess, that he did.

There are reports of booby-traps in Gaza. There have been in every conflict there for years. IDF soldiers have been killed by booby traps. Do you think it's all a great conspiracy? That for the last 20 years Hamas has been the first insurgency/armed forces in world history to not use booby traps?

So where's the denial? Oh yeah, there isn't any, nor did I compare "asking for evidence" to "holocaust denial". It doesn't even make sense. Saying there's no evidence linking Hitler to the holocaust is a) true, b) doesn't remotely suggest the holocaust didn't happen or c) doesn't mean that 99.999% of people don't perfectly believe Hitler was the architect of that crime.

Really it's just you throwing out buzz words because actually you have no answer to the question because it contradicts your nonsense about "booby traps aren't real unless there's hard, independent proof" and rather then actually address that you just deflect.

The IDF said in the tweet they found a booby trapped vehicle but the vehicle was not booby trapped. Simple matter of fact.

"EXPOSED:

In the Shifa Hospital complex, IDF troops found a hidden booby-trapped vehicle containing a large number of weapons, including:

· AK-47s

· RPGs

· sniper rifles

· grenades

· other explosives

See for yourself:" But we see for ourselves and the soldiers in the video simply make no mention of booby traps and seem perfectly comfortable around the car and around the alleged ammunition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

He looks like he is preoccupied with a hole in a ceiling of some woman's gaff

You lost me. I'm not a holocaust denier. Stop it. We know it happened because of irrefutable evidence not up for litigation here. Going off about Hitler when all we need is reporting on any actual booby traps here in the present time, at the current place under the microscope, especially the alleged Command and Control Headquarters of Hamas.

There are reports of booby-traps in Gaza.

Great!

Please provide them?

BTW that's yet another case where they alleged to have found loads of explosives but again, no booby trap.

Jewish American ceasefire rally/riot(?) in DC broken up by police at DNC HQ.

The group claims it was nonviolently blocking the doors to 1 entrance, and that the police injured 90 of them. 100s arrested so far in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Hostage rescued from al-Shifa hospital:

Dead of course but at least now she can rest in peace and will not have to suffer any more of the Palestinian hatred and Hamas abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭jay1988

Let's be honest, it's because Putins not Muslim, it's as plain as day to see with a lot of posters here.

Of course they are comfortable walking around the vehicle, because the booby trap has been neutralized, it it was still active, they wouldn't go within an asses roar of it. They have special teams to handle VBIEDS. which this vehicle was.

As for proof of booby trapped tunnels here you go from the Times of Israel:-

Five Israeli reserve soldiers were killed during fighting in the northern part of the Gaza Strip on Friday, the Israel Defense Forces announced on Saturday evening, bringing the death toll of soldiers killed during Israel’s ground operation in Gaza to 42.

Of the five soldiers, four were members of the 551st Brigade’s 697th Battalion and were killed by a blast from a booby-trapped tunnel shaft next to a mosque in the Beit Hanoun area. The troops were not inside the tunnel.

The IDF identified them as Maj. (res.) Moshe Yedidyah Leiter, Sgt. Maj. (res.) Yossi Hershkovitz, Master Sgt. (res.) Matan Meir, and Master Sgt. (res.) Sergey Shmerkin.

Remember the bomb was inside tghe tunnel, and the IDF were outside, yet the blast was so severe, it managed to kill them. And people wonder why the IDF are moving very slowly tackling the tunnels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Just the next step in the campaign.

Hamas need to release the hostages and hand themselves over for punishment.

Advertisement