Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Fury 4/7 and Usyk 11/8 that’s a close enough one by the bookies but I mean I view Fury as a huge favourite. If it doesn’t happen then I’m done with Fury.

Also, I don’t think Usyk pulled out in any real way that he can be criticised otherwise Fury would be screaming about it. I’m not too sure why Fury has gone for the out of control aggression for this build up. That’s gotta take such energy. Usyk won’t do a lot to rile him. That guy is thinking about himself more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Fury after the madness and greed of a 70/30 split offer to Usyk needs to get off his bs chair and come out and fight against a man that make no mistake of it - is ready for this and not afraid.

Boxing after all the recent madness with c-grade fighters becoming “icons” in the chase for nothing more than money requires this fight to appeal to true fans of the game and not the McDonaldesque You-Tube ones that seem to be coming out of nowhere and flooding it with silliness.

I do hope Usyk wins because let’s be honest here, the Fury’s are openly trying to make Boxing go all WWE.

Let’s get it on!

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As I said… Fury constantly playing games. He also pulled out of Dec 23.

and no doubt if he pulls ouha this one, his apologists will be excusing it

Yes. I knew your point was you personally making him a huge favorite… looking at Usyk’s skills, and above all, his mental confidence, I find it strange that anyone would make either man a clear favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Those things will stand to Usyk and I know he can have success. I just saw enough vulnerability in his last few fights. I think Fury’s advantages will be too much. It’s not going to be a bit easy of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just watched Jarrell Miller winding up AJ in yesterday's press conference. 🤣

I'd love to see Usyk vs Fury with a Usyk win. If Fury will ever just show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I know it sounds mad but tempted to bet him v Dubois. I know Miller isn't the best, but Dubois has beaten nobody in his career whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭GHendrix

Fury was weird during the press conference. It’s not usually like him to be getting so aggressive.

Usually he’s laughing and getting in peoples heads.

But he seems to be a bit written off after Ngannou and that’s when he is most dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If it happens and Fury is fit he wins it easily. He's got the the height, the power and the long leavers to make it impossible for Usyk.

Remember the key point in my comment, if he is fit. If he's not tuned up then it's a totally different fight

yes, doesnt seem in a great state of mind just now but hopefully he knuckles down and gets sugar in early.

Jaysus, the excuses in already. “If he is fit.” So, he loses and it has to be because “he wasn’t fit?” Gas lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

So what if fury turns up like im sure he will and win, what do all the naysayers say then? Is it usyk was only a middleweight and he needs aj for his legacy or will he rightly be called greatest of his generation and an all time great or does he need to keep fighting until he loses for people to then say oh his legacy is ruined. So can any naysayers say what their opinion will be if he does everything they say he wont?

ill give you five before you cast doubt over his mental illnesses now as well.

If Fury loses, will you blame it on him "not being fit," or "not turning up?"

It's almost a 50-50 fight for me. I think Usyk wins, but if he loses, it certainly won't be because "he wasn't fit," or "didn't turn up." It will be because Fury was better on the night

And then, I can call Fury number 1 HW on earth

Oh, and you know Fury himself is labeling Usyk a blown up middleweight.

So, you are ready to use the mental health card for him as well if he loses....

You have all your excuses ready if he loses

If he ducks out of the fight, I assume you will use the same excuses?

100% wrong, i never made excuses for fury, haven't had to tbh. If usyk pulls it off which i think is more likely after ngannou fight, i will be happy too, i like usyk. I do think we are going to see wilder 2/3 version of fury and he will be just too big and late stoppage for fury. I look forward to you calling fury number 1 hw on earth. I Have been waiting many years for the obvious to be stated by you.

If Fury beats Usyk I think it's fair he gets number 1 billing. Some may think AJ needs to fight him, and yes, that would be a great show, but Fury ranked number 1 should he beat Usyk seems correct to me.

no i just think its something you have to factor in with him, he does have serious mental health issues, ironically boxing seems to help, i think all of us just want him to show up fit and well in February and Usyk the same. its the fight everyone wants.

• Advertisement

But are you ready to just accept that he was beaten by a better man (if he loses)?

it reeks of Fury fans getting excuses ready. If he’s fit, if he turns up, if his mental health doesn’t flare up…

Why does anyone have to factor in anything here? He is unbeaten over 15 years. And now we have to factor in this stuff?

if he loses he loses, i think if he is in the ring on fight night then he is ready to fight.

nope if usyk wins, hes the better man, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Baffles me why people think Usyk was innocent in stopping the last fight, He pulled out, Yes Fury demanded 70/30 put Usyk was still going to make more money than he ever had,

Fury is the one bringing the eyes balls of the casuals not Usyk , Fury is the one that brings the money

Im not saying Fury is blameless but they both are in it together , For Fury always says he doesn't care about being undisputed to me that a tactic to make more money , Usyk can be lured by the chance of being undisputed but Fury out right saying he doesn't care means you know you have to pay him & he won't do it for the just the prestige of the occasion , of course he cares but he just also wants to make as much money as possible ,

The fight for me has had a bit of shine taken off by Fury poor performance & Usyk in my opinion losing his last fight too ( that was not low in my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Usyk has a big blot in his copybook after the Dubois fight.

He wasn't down from a low blow. He was down from a liver shot. He showed every sign of that.

Utter nonsense. Low blow, quit job Dubois. Liver shot.....whose liver is a few inches above their bollix?

Post edited by walshb on

He didn't lose his last fight. Referee deemed a low blow a low blow. He then went on to stop Dubois, albeit Dubois quit

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Dubois caused lots of problems for Usyk and to me that’s the type of HW that would cause anyone to have the same issues no matter how good they are.

Fury obviously looked terrible for that recent farce but he’ll be close to his best both mentally and physically for Usyk but I still see Usyk just being to clever for him across 12 rounds and winning it on points after a late onslaught from Tyson.

Opinions aside this is a fight that the genuine fan wants and it’s a shame it’s not in the UK or Las Vegas to have that genuine atmosphere a mega-fight deserves.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He didn't technically lose but like Fury he lost a bit of his aura invincibility , (In my opinion it wasn't low )

There is shows on all the time just go to a local one ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭GHendrix

I think if Fury is to beat Usyk he needs to be more like the Wilder 1 old school Fury. I think he needs to slim down a good bit, have good movement and try to outbox him with a much longer reach etc.

If he tries to come in really big and lean all over Usyk then I fear he’ll be chasing him the whole fight and Usyk will win on points.

Advertisement