Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel-Gaza: 'We are at war', says Benjamin Netanyahu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

How many command centers would Hamas actually have, they must have hit thousands at this stage. Everytime a building is levelled it was targeted because of a command center underneath.

If Israel does empty and level every hospital in Gaza city will what's left of the civilians be fair play for the IDF. Oradour sur Glane springs to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Isn't it funny how so many press releases by Israel are accepted at face value, while people constantly raise doubts about what Hamas says.

Personally I doubt anything that issues from either side (in any similar situation) unless I am satisfied on previous form that the speaker acts in good faith. Naturally, in any war there is obfuscation, lies and worse, so it is always hard to know where the truth lies.

Just to give an example, we have now been told that the 1400 Israelis killed on October 7th have been decreased to 1200. In a year's time, I would not be shocked to find the final estimate is less again. Similarly with the nefarious activities by Hamas - the 40 beheaded babies turned out not to have happened; it appears that much of the destruction MAY have been caused by the Israeli army, and a fair number of the Israeli people MAY have got killed in the crossfire. And so on. We may never know the truth of this - my point being that we should never accept initial claims by either side as there is always an aspect of propaganda in war reporting.

The Social Democrats leader should really do her homework before calling for the ambassador to be kicked out. A large pharma company in her own backyard has close links to Israeli hospitals. Clueless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I guess you also disbelieve the video of the German girl attending the music that Hamas raped, mutilated, murdered and then drove her naked body around Gaza where onlookers hit and spat on her remains 😡

I didn't see any video of a girl being raped, mutilated or murdered. Not sure I'd want to watch it even if it was available.

But one thing I do know is that Israel constantly lies about what is happening - for instance, a little girl whose father is Irish was claimed to have been murdered by Hamas, and now has been reported as still living.

Another thing that Israel does is try to make us side with them. They use a variety of psychological tricks - for instance, calling Israeli citizens Irish, or in your case, German. Within days of the October 7th atrocity, almost every western country woke up one morning to the news that a Spanish/Canadian/German/Irish/French/British/US ... the list goes on ... girl or woman (always girl or woman) was reported as being murdered/raped/taken hostage ... Only on closer reading, it turned out in every case that the individual was an Israeli citizen, in several cases they were actually serving soldiers.

Always trying to tug at our heart strings, in order to bring us to allow their viciousness.

Yet this time it isn't working - just this evening, about 60 British Labour MPs refused to toe the pro-Zionist party line; Starmer is likely a dead parrot as a result.

In the US it appears that Biden has lost the support of several key groups of supporters, who will not forget when it comes to his re-election this time next year.

In Canada, Trudeau has called for a ceasefire.

Macron in France has called Israel out - of course there is a very large north African population in France with voting rights.

The Belgian PM and vice-PM have called for ceasefire.

IMO, Nethanyahoo has made a fatal error this time. Israel is now THE pariah state worldwide - the war in Ukraine has been pushed aside, the horrors Putin unleashed have been quickly forgotten.

• Advertisement

Amazingly blinkered comment… you probably avoided watching the film of the other kids at the music festival being hunted down murdered and raped also.

I should point out that all of this footage was put up by Palestinian reporters and Hamas terrorists… not the Israelis!

Okay so, you have made it clear that there are no videos of women being raped by Hamas, el Qassam or any other Palestinian group. Or at least, you do not have access to any. For the present and until real, verified (by an independent 3rd party) videos are produced, it is fair to believe that you are repeating propaganda points.

Here's another propaganda point for you:

I call it a propaganda point because (and this is gruesome) the claim has been made that part of a skull has been found. I wonder how they know whose skull this is (if it even exists - do you remember the 40 babies?). And a claim by some Israeli authority is not evidence. After all, over 10,000 deaths have been caused by the Israeli army in the last 6 weeks, maybe as many as 15,000; yet they can pinpoint this part of a skull to a particular person?

My other leg has bells on it, and I have a bridge going cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Pesky DNA testing. Wonder how they could identify a piece of bone...

That's some dose, finding a random bit of skull among many millions of pieces of rubble, and the one they test just happens to have belonged to a woman whose video was widely shared on the internet.

You do have a link to that test, don't you, and it was carried out independently outside Israel and in no way contaminated by hair from her hairbrush or anything, like?

And you believe your hypothetical scenario? Where was it found? Link please, sorry twitter isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

There's lots of mis and dis information on Twitter. 

The irony is off the scales here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,938 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Shani Louk was a 22 year old German/Israeli Pacafic and a refusnik ( she used her German nationality to prevent her having to serve her national service in Israel,) but none of this mattered to the HAMAS terrorists.

It's is accepted that is her body on the truck in Gaza or else it's some other woman who had here lower clothing removed and blood on her inner legs. Obviously from your viewpoint she died of natural causes.

Mist reliable news sources have accepted other wise. She was brutally raped and murdered and similar probably happened to other women.

The piece of her skull was found at a massacre site at Re'im. At a massacre site everything will be collected and collated as it is a crime scene. Pieces of bone would be matched to bodies. Any experienced pathologist especially criminal pathologist notice what you call a random piece of bone.

To be honest you are pretty dispicable in your posting of this issue as are many Hamas apologists. It's was Hamas terrorists or their Palestinian supporters that posted this video

Slava Ukrainii

Now, now, they've just learned that DNA testing exists, so it's an upward curve for them. Of course, some are hopeless.

Missed that it was an Oli London tweet initially. I guess Shani Louk was LGBT positive or something to get old Oli excited.

Your post makes absolutely no sense: On the one hand you say that there are no videos proving Hamas atrocities and they you include one!

Are you hearing voices 😯

It funny that this [MOD EDIT] "poster" questioned the DNA aspect the part of her skull that was found is not a random bone ( not like the random bonehead we are dealing with) its the ''Petrous part of the Temporal bone'' this is a unique part of the skull bone and would be easily recognisable to any pathologist, its extremely dense and strong and as well its the perferred bone for testing of ancient DNA.

Post edited by greysides on

Slava Ukrainii

According to the BBC

''Israel says troops in Gaza have found the body of hostage Yehudit Weiss, a 65-year-old woman abducted by Hamas on 7 October

Officials say she was recovered from a "structure adjacent to the Shifa hospital", as the military confirm it's continuing operations there''

More and more it seems Hamas is using the Shifa Hospital as a terrorist base probably similar with other civilian infrastructure in Gaza.

How this hostage died has not yet been clarified.

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

MOD: I note a tendency to personalise comments.

Don't!

Either, don't dilute your point with personal slurs, or, don't respond to the comment at all.

There's enough war and collateral damage in the real world.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

To say it's wrong to be dropping incendiary bombs and the likes on children and civilians in general doesn't mean a poster is pro Hamas. Hamas and the Israeli government are both good at lying and take pleasure in killing each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Their clearing house, gaza will be uninhabitable by the time their finished with it, isreal must be expecting Europe to fold and take in the Palestinians as sure as f**k the Arab states won't, our leave them to live in a open air refugee camp,....

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4305328-nearly-half-of-gaza-home-have-been-destroyed-damaged-by-israel-hamas-conflict-un/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Ironic that israel want US backing for their actions and don't want EU involved, but when it comes to taking in those thrown out of their homeland they expect the EU to step in. More like they should be asking the US to take them in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67446662. The current government should listen to their ex PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Good loser

How anyone can take up a pen to defend the current despicable actions of the Israeli State in Gaza is incomprehensible to me. The arguments given in their favour are pitifully threadbare, the self serving 'reasons' woefully inadequate.

This thing of using threats/promises of retribution/incendiary documents by Hamas to justify the war are specious. In the first instance when/where did the authorities in Israel ever believe anything Hamas promised? These so-called threats are no more credible than a 3 year old child threatening his father with hellfire.

Then give the Israelis 3/5/7 days to do their worst in Gaza; more than that is murder/war crimes/genocide/pure and simple revenge. It is unbearable to consider the suffering of the population.

I'm certain there are many Israelis appalled and repelled by their Govt's actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The videos going around twitter last night at the UCD debate are hilarious, the petrified and bewildered look on alot of the Irish students/staff etc really show they dont know what their actually championing/defending in their defence of Palestinians/hamas, yes Israel has gone of the reservation and is commiting war crimes but theirs no easy diplomatic solution in reality to dealing with your jihad head-banger

I see Yemen has chosen death. I didn’t know that fireworks were for thanksgiving but I’m sure the Saudis will be happy when that carrier strike group sends the lads back to the earlier Stone Age than they already live in.

An Israeli Jew, one who has got out and is now living in the USA like a million or more other Israeli Jews, calls what is happening in Gaza "genocide". He details it point by point, it couldn't be any clearer.

It's is accepted that is her body on the truck in Gaza or else it's some other woman ...

Well that's clear as mud, isn't it?

She was brutally raped and murdered

And you know this how? You made the claim that a part of her skull was found - I have never heard of anyone doing a rape test on a piece of a skull before. But then Israeli technology is the best in the world, certainly no worse than the defence of their borders.

and similar probably happened to other women.

Wow, talk about extrapolating without even the slightest piece of evidence.

The piece of her skull was found at a massacre site at Re'im.

A few sentences ago she was being driven around Gaza in the back of a truck, and now you are telling us that her skull was found at a massacre site on the Israeli side of the border.

With this level of confusion in your posts, you really should not be surprised when people do not take them seriously.

• Advertisement

I think what the ship takeover tells us is that the West has a new headache - up until now the big worry was the Straits of Hormuz; now it looks like traffic through Bab el Mendeb is in just as much danger. Interestingly, the ship was not clearly an Israeli one, but someone did a bit of sleuthing and discovered who really owns it. Other Israeli ships travelling that route will now be in danger of being targeted.

You'd also wonder whether control of this sea lane is what the war in Yemen was really about.

Advertisement