Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And of course, it all has to "leak" when another rf member is having a special occasion or event. So predictable at this stage, they seem to have a pathological need for attention and to upstage everyone else who they feel wronged them. Absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

They are like clock work. Getting their kids to sing happy birthday to Charles when they probably haven't met him in years!

I think he has seen Lillibet a grand total of once ever, during the platinum jubilee, and Archie probably not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

He did Oprah and his dad and brother rang him after it. It wasn't a "productive" conversation but at least they were speaking. How do we know this? Gayle King said it on CBS the day after. How she got that information I think changed things. If they all couldn't feel they could speak in confidence without it leaking then they were vindicated in freezing Harry out on any details beyond anything high level when the Queen died.

There was also the fact that he had a book coming out and so keeping schtum would have been amplified. If Harry was telling these details to Scobie (e.g. having to book flights, frozen out, no text replies..) then he only has himself to blame and it would show how utterly self-absorbed he is. I'd also be sympathetic to William in saying his brother is brainwashed by therapists i.e. He has been getting help from a conveyer belt of those who may be reluctant to lose a high profile client by being blunt and honest about an assessment of their flaws which would actually be necessary for the therapy to actually be effective. Better to seek blame in anything else rather than risk alienating a celeb client by delivering some uncomfortable home truths perhaps. Even from watching on there is a clear pattern of him blaming others but little self reflection as to what he might be doing or have done or contributed himself to his state of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

or more likely, it is his upbringing as part of the rf that is the issue rather then anything specifically with him.

william is going to say anything he can but in reality he has lost the room with the people he needs on side going forward, as in the young who mostly believe the whole thing should be got rid of.

he has enough of a fanbase for now as he isn't even king so that doesn't particularly matter.

harry had no option but to expose the rf for what it is

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Ah, give over. His brother didn't bother to text him back when he asked for a lift for himself and his wife to go to Balmoral. QEII was the nearest thing to a mother that Harry had (bear in mind he was 12/13 when his own mother died) and was obviously very close to her. Althought they knew that she was dying, they didn't bother to let him know, so it was a complete shock to him when she did actually pass away.

William was so vindictive that he left his wife at home, so as to stop Harry bringing Meghan to Balmoral, so denying him every bit of support while all the others had their wives/husbands up there to support them at that very sad time.

Sorry, that all was down right nasty from Charles and William. Of course Charles had no feeling for his mother (per his book), so he possibly couldn't understand anyone else being upset by her passing.

Some really messed up family there. William is so arrogant that he can't deal with the fact that Harry isn't in the cult anymore and thinks he has been brainwashed in therapy.

Good one coming from a so-called mental health advocate. Imagine having anything to do with any mental health charity he is advocating for.

The queen didn't want Meghan there. I mean I think she has the right to decide who she wants at her deathbed. I actually think it was nice of Catherine to agree not to go and say goodbye herself so that Harry wouldn't feel that his spouse was being singled out by not being welcome.

But instead they tried to override the wishes of a dying woman and threw a tantrum about it, causing everyone to be delayed. How typical of them. God knows why you would try to insert yourself into a situation like that where you clearly aren't wanted anyway. More bizarre self centered behavior.

I wonder did any of the other grandchildrens' spouses head to Balmoral? Why should an exception be made for Harry? It was clear that her health was going downhill so why didn't they make the effort to see her before that?

They turned down her invitation to visit with her in the summer when they were in the UK. She was a 90 something year old in poor health, it would have been clear that could have been one of the last chances to see her but they made their choice

Meghan doesn't do 'family' and now it appears neither does Harry.

• Advertisement

Well it appears she wanted to do family when it was a "blockbuster" moment like the platinum jubilee or the monarch passing away. Regular boring visits without cameras or that won't be written about in books and TV dramas? Not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

So you think that 2 hours before QEII died her last wishes were that Meghan should not accompany Harry to Balmoral. Really!

The Queen on her death bed thought it would be better if Harry hired a plane and travelled up on his own to Balmoral with no one to support him. Really!

The father of a flatmate of mine died some years ago down in Ballinasloe. I didn't know the man very well, but I travelled down in the middle of the night with my friend to offer support because it would have been a very tough journey on their own. I wasn't looking to sit by the man's bedside. Luckily I did travel down with my friend, because when we got to the hospital he had passed away and my friend was devastated and the rest of the family had gone home.

All similar situation that Harry found himself in, except he had no one to comfort him when he found out he was too late and QEII had passed away.

I see nothing sweet about Kate staying away. Its not as if the RF dont have an army of staff to look after the kids for a day or two while they are away! I suspect it was just pure spite from William as an excuse to upset Harry, even at that very sad time. There really is something wrong with him and he could probably do with a few therapy sessions.

Yes, after all the upset she caused, the queen didn't want her there. Not that hard to understand really.

Harry could have travelled with the rest of his family and had their comfort but chose not to. As a result, others also missed out on being there as he delayed their flight leaving by having a strop about Meghan not getting her way.

I see Catherine not going as yet another way they tried to appease Harry and Meghan and stop them from throwing a fit, and not out of spite. The queen and Catherine reportedly had a good relationship over many years so I'm sure she would have liked to be there, but to make it seem like both wives were being treated equally they decided she wouldn't go either.

That does sound like an awful situation with your friend and it's nice that you could be there for them but I don't really think it's the same, unless your friends entire family disliked you and the person dying specifically said they didn't want you in their home, which obviously isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

The thing is, if Harry had been allowed on the plane with William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie, he'd just have something else he'd be complaining about. The flight attendant would have offered William a drink first or his seat would have been nearer the front or something. If I was William I would prefer for Harry to be complaining about being slighted for a plane ride than spilling all the details of what was likely a tense and emotional plane ride.

The thing he wants an apology for is that he was born 2nd. Theres no acknowledgment that apart from William (the heir) the other Grandchildren didn't go to the Queens deathbed. If all the Grandchildren and their spouses had treked to Scotland to see the Queen and just Meghan was told not to come then I think it would be a legitimate gripe.

He keeps implying that hes over it all but then dragging it up again and again like we get it, you feel slighted.

If the staff is good enough to tell Kate and Williams children about their great grandmother dying and comfort them, I'm sure Harry had plenty of staff with him when he found out about the Queens death and they offered condolences. Personally I would think its quite important for children to have their parent(s) break difficult news like that to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Harry was (deliberately, no doubt) told that the Queen's coffin would travel on the Royal Train. Omid Scabie duly trotted this statement out at the time. Harry leaked the information to Omid. Harry can't be trusted QED

One day, H&M will stop playing the victims. It's very tiring - for them, I'm sure!

Ah give over. A former army man needed help to arrange his travel to a known destination. Infantilising him again. He didn't know she was sick? His own eyes (she'd lost weight, less mobile, didn't do full jubilee schedule) and her age (96) ought to have told him all he needed to know. Complete shock? Taking the piss there. As far as I know he had an open invite that summer to visit and the last thing the family would do is be explicit with him i.e. the Queen is dying, come visit. Why? It might be on CBS. See why they would be cagey and might leave it up to him to put two and two together in his head.

William plotting to stop Meghan? You know every decision doesn't revolve around her yeah? Maybe the Queen herself wanted just immediate family there so as not to have some macabre spectacle. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't want Meghan? This is the same Queen whose husband was dying while Meghan and Harry went and had their Opwaagh interview on telly. She'd might understandably hold a grudge against them.

You really don't see why such a "messed up" family would be wary of those with form as being untrustworthy and who'd been repeatedly antagonistic towards them milling around? In the middle of it all, would you? They're absolutely tone deaf if they expected to be embraced with open arms. They needed to be managed and that's what we saw subsequently. Weeks before the Queen died The Atlantic article was published, the one where Megan likened herself to having a Mandela like effect but more importantly the one where she said never had to sign anything preventing her from speaking out. So I just can't imagine why they were wary of having Meghan around. Hardly a head scratcher is it?

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yep- a very dangerous situation to place yourself in. He’s left the “working” side of the family firm so Shirley that was his opportunity to forge better personal bonds and links as he no longer had any skin in-the game.

Aside from her mother, Meaghan has done the same - it makes no sense and these books from “insiders” are just getting boring now - of course Meaghan will get a payday in years to come with her own biography - that will be post Harry though

that pattern of behaviour is certainly well established at this stage alright - certainly very little room for arguing that point……..only an idiot, or a troll might try 😃

According to Meaghans new brand company that she’s working with-“victimhood” and especially “poor me” doesn’t pay very well - the big money is in “upbeat” and “positive” - I hope she listens

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

Usually with books like this then early leaks tend to zero in on the juicy stuff which can help shift copies/pre orders e.g. Britney and her abortion making headlines or when Spare was leaked in Spanish and the speed translators were quick to latch on to the dog bowl fight. Gold blend tea. If Harry not getting told that they were privately planning for the Queens imminent death is the lead leak from End Game then it doesn’t bode well really. It boils down to this – We keep taking dumps on their door step intermittently but the bastards have rarely asked us in for some tea and chats – We’re the victims.

Post edited by valoren on

• Advertisement

Yep that was my sense of it- even the Daily Mail who hate H&M couldn’t get anything more juicy than that- if people pay any money for this book, no less the $20 or whatever it’s selling for, they definitely have more money than sense

Hmm, likely story...https://people.com/meghan-markle-moved-on-royals-endgame-exclusive-8402173

It's remarkable how she was 'forced' to wear neutral colours while in the RF but still continues to wear them.

That appearance feels like Meghan has now gone full circle back to her pre-Harry days. Doing the conveyer belt red carpet walk, posing for the camera flashes and then doing the quick interview with an over excitable interviewer. The topic is even the same. Suits. The renewed interest in it. What it was like working on it, how proud she is of it etc.

Just shows how little she’s moved on- there’s nothing left to talk about (bar a biography which won’t happen this side of being married to Harry) concerning the RF so she’s essentially back in pre 2016 albeit with a much higher profile but not a whole lot to offer - even in the days of her “official” RF duties, Harry was plugging her for voiceover roles and such things.

I was going to say all style and no substance but even her style is erm, a personal taste 😁

https://x.com/PAshowbiz/status/1725462276675612822?s=20.. She had to be practically pushed off the red carpet!

Post edited by Be right back on

Yeah I saw that - not sure what it was all about but looks a bit weird 😀- I’d say she was livid once out of shot of the camera lenses and someone got a right earful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

I dont understand how they can say they were not involved with Omid S's book. He is literally describing in detail things that only they would know. Harry got a call from an unknown number, he normally doesn't answer from an unknown number, Meghan told him to answer it, it was Charles, he was told to go to Balmoral. He details how Harry felt/thought when William didn't reply to his texts. Either its all a pack of lies, or he got the information directly from their camp. They would know who was there at the time, so if they are as surprised as anyone else how it made the book exactly as it played out, then they know who the leak is on their side. Its not rocket science. They clearly leaked it from their camp. Denying it its farcical. And she has already been caught out in court for lying about assisting with the content of Finding Freedom. Its beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Anyway, we have about another 4.5 years left before she divorces him, to meet the 10 yr mark for California divorce law rule to kick in. I will check back in then.

Advertisement