Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson outlet deals on ebay.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i don't think the refurb units are brand new

2 options on the ebay site - refurbed and damaged box - the damaged box units are new (and no damage on the box of the hair dryer we got last year) but i doubt the refurbed are new. I presume the same applies to the Dyson site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭Justin10

Refurb ones look absolutely brand new but you couldn't really give it as a gift. Comes in a plain brown box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Got a notification from Ebay that I am receiving it full refund after being given a runaround by Dyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chippy1234

Would love to know if anyone received their order,

or even received a reply from Dyson on it?

I’ve tried contact through the contact seller link, and by contacting them through an ad for a product currently for sale and through Twitter but have revived radio silence.

I received a tracking number but never got an update since and there’s been no updates/scans on the tracking number.. if it’s possible to receive it in the next few weeks I’d hold off on getting onto eBay for a refund.

or if anyone has any success contacting Dyson over the phone or anything would be good to know that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I got contact through their Facebook and X accounts stating that they'd look into it. Several further queries went unanswered forcing me to contact Ebay.

Disgusting behaviour for a so called reputable brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I contacted through twitter and Facebook , got a reply on FB a few days later saying they were looking into it

Got an email through their eBay account few days water saying I'd have my money back within 5 working days ...7 working days later no money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Deleted

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have finally reached a somewhat successful conclusion., I was like a dog with a bone tbh, I would let it go. Today I was offered a basic hairdryer brand new from their website for €219.99 instead of €319.99. I haven't accepted this offer yet, I am asking them to give me the same % discount approx 31% on this model, if they agree to that, then I will accept

What way did you end up contacting them.

After been told I was getting my money back , I replied I wanted it escalated , didn't ask for a refund , I have neither my money back or a response .

Over the phone, mind you it did take 4/5 calls to get to where I am at at the minute, I still havent been given the discount on the one I want, but in saying that, they havent turned me down yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Hairdryer now €197 and Airwrap €269

That’s tempting to try again, and this time it’s not a refurbished one either, what do others think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I assume €269 is about as low as it'll go?

Might bite bullet on that for GF

Got the hairdryer last year at 225€ and it was new sealed so was a great deal so if its still new sealed then good value vs RRP

The lowest price it went to last year was around €350 but that was for new damaged box

These are great deals if you are lucky enough to get one

Based on responses here you have a higher chance of not getting one than getting one

I bought twice last year from them, and both instances were flawless tbh, both were apparently damaged boxes, tbh, they were perfect to us and no one was able to tell the difference. My only reluctance is I purchased the hair dryer for €209.99 last month and that never arrived and communication from the eBay outlet was zero. I have since been refunded and am currently still dealing with Dyson over how the whole situation was handled. Anyway I’ve just bit the bullet and tried again, the €210 was still sitting on my credit card, so if this works this time, then I’ll have gotten a much better deal, as the one for €210 was a refurb also. Fingers crossed.

Ive just sent Dyson a message and they have refunded me the €19 on the one I paid earlier today :)

Post edited by Aquos76 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Yeah, see that now, I’m now wondering if these are new with damaged boxes at all, the description says refurbished. Why would they have dropped another €20 in a couple of hours

Well I ordered one at the higher price and cant cancel it. So will see what turns up. New or Refurb.

• Advertisement

Seems its already been marked as dispatched so cant cancel

I wasn’t able to cancel either, mine isn’t saying dispatched yet thou. I contacted them and they actually responded almost immediately, I’ve since asked them about if item is new or refurbished, and they haven’t responded as of yet anyway.

Deleted post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thanks, chancing my arm with the new but damaged box ones for 179. Will see how it goes.

Emailed three days , Facebook and Twitter messages yesterday. No response no acknowledgement

Giving them the weekend and ringing them Monday and not hanging up until they give a solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Better deals on official website than on the eBay shop for the refurbed models plus 5% back on revolut

If the current 179 on Ebay turns out to be a new one then it is a great deal, dont think it will go any cheaper. When I had initially checked it was around 5 sold earlier today and now 40 sold so they are selling quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

From the comments here and the reviews on the website, it seems a bit if a scam I don’t think they have the stock they say they do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Summer2020

I ordered from the eBay site when there were 30 sold and it was marked “almost gone”. They’re still “almost gone” today with 120 sold. No movement on shipping yet either

Advertisement