Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Trying to setup the tuner, not showing up yet, I've install the driver from the plugin setup but not sure I need to do anything else. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If using a usb type tuner you have to download correct driverto box then reboot box to be seen.

Thanks

swoofer used dvb-usb-dibo700 for the playtv tuner. I tried the same just not seeing it in the tuners.

Post edited by Tango One on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

its a hard reboot ie button at rear

That done the trick cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

Is there a way to create app shortcuts on the zgemma h7s box such as Netflix and YouTube, or is that wishful thinking? 🤔

Sorry, I thought my earlier message didn't post d'oh

Post edited by Iceman99 on

read 1746

No pictures out of playtv tuner unfortunately. I will figure it out eventually 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I have a PlayTV tuner - used it for a while but found it very flaky. It wouldn't show up after every boot, so sometimes after a power cut the family would find that the Irish channels weren't working. I also had to disable the internal DVB-T tuner (set to not assigned) as I found that also seemed to create issues with the PlayTV. Eventually, I just reverted to the internal tuner and repurposed the PlayTV into my home server instead.

It was handy when it did work though. The two integrated tuners let you record and watch everything on Saorview all at once.

Sorry using phone, didn't see the thread had gone on to a new page.

• Advertisement

disable the dtt tuner and unplug the aerial and then configure the 2 new tuners c and d . If you lose the dtt channels a hard reboot gets them back. It’s a quirk with a few boxes that a reboot with remote will result in loosing the dtt channels but if you don’t do reboots they are solid. I have them working for years and cost about 5 or 10 euro.

Thanks guys, I have no idea what any of that means lol. Anyhooo, I was wondering about plugging in usb sticks and external hard drives. So I have movie files on my external hd, and plugged it into the back USB 3 port. But I can't see the drives content. Do I have to configure the drive in order to be able play files on it?

Now I know you might say just plug the drive directly into the TV, but I wany to see if I can do everything from the zgemma remote.

TIA

I cant help you a lot with USB drives as I never use them but what you can try is to download the plugin Media Player and with the USB plugged in, I would use the USB slot 2.0 first and select media player. And see what happens.

As i dont plug in things but wonder from Plugins select Media scanner as that might see your plugged in drives to play stuff.

Recording in drives they would be needed to have been setup in mounts and show as ext4.

Drives should be seen when plugged in to play stuff but been a while and unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

FWIW I could never get Media Scanner to find anything on drives i knew had pics and videos and MP3s. You can mount NAS drives but I found the interface far too clunky to be practical for daily use.

Perhaps KODI might be better. I've never tried it on Zgemma

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've tried multiple time to get the Kodi plugin working on my Zgemma H7S, but it always crashes when I try to start it. I have it on my Sony Android TV for all my movies and TV series which works really well, but it'd be nice to have everything all in one place. There's an Enigma2 plugin for Live TV on Kodi, but that crashes on the Android TV too.

I never went back to Kodi on e2 boxes.

I do have a usb with movies on it and just need to find it and plug it in and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

For HDD Drive

File list on remote control

Yellow Button for location

My HDD make drive is a Toshiba

My path to the HDD is the one that shows..........Toshiba( partition1 ) /Media/HDD/

Only difference on your box should be the make of your HDD in the line above

=====================================================================

For USB Drive

File list on remote control

Yellow Button for location

Path should read TransMemory( partition1 ) /media/USB/

Hope this guides you in the right direction

Cheers,

Socks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Alun have you seeceted the kodi option when you select image to use? you get 2 choices kodi and pip.

I think I tried both, but not sure, but it's currently in Kodi mode. Have you or anyone else here had it working?

• Advertisement

Out of interest and with a bit of spare time I downloaded Kodi today and configuring it reminded me why I gave up on it. I got it working but, and this has me baffled, it will play recordings from SAORVIEW, but for TV sat channels it just locks up. I gave up and un- installed it. Its old tech now. Somethings telling me it worked best with Pli image.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

I'm having a strange issue running OpenVIX 6.4.009 with the BlueHD skin. Everything works grand and I prefer this skin to any other I've tried. The one problem is that the Multiboot Selector screen is just blank - no entries so I can't boot from a different slot. I tried assuming that the entries were there and using the arrow keys to select a different slot, but it just reboot the current one. Of course, I can just remove the skin and then (after a GUI restart) select a slot to boot, but it's a bit painful to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the skin. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭andy1249

I dumped the BlueHD skin , as with lots of skins it introduced too many bugs and others in the house kept trying to use the " Sky" Buttons on the skin which were cosmetic only , and kept messing up the installation.

Now I just use the openvix default skin , its fine once you get used to it and never gives any trouble.

I started this enigma2 journey back in 2013 with a Tiviar Alpha + , and then two Zgemmas ( one with internal drive , one with back slot ) and now a VU+

Without a doubt , messing with downloaded skins gives you the most hassle.

Try to make it look like a version of Sky and people will treat it like a version of Sky , and break it.

why not update to the kiddac skin that has sky look and better than Blue HD, its the Slyk 1080 R19 BUT download the shared skincomponents bit first , its says kiddac-shared-skin

I like the onxy skin it's another kiddac skin

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

Well. I've never been a Sky user, so that wasn't my aim. I just like the Blue/Yellow layout - there's a reason Sky chose it as theirs, it's much more pleasant on the eyes than others I've tried. And I particularly don't like having the SLYK logo shouting at me.

I think I'll live with removing the skin on the relatively rare occasions I want to multiboot.

Skins are a very personal thing, and personally I hate the vivid blue and yellow colour scheme, it reminds me too much of Ryanair :) I use the Simple Ten-Eighty skin.

Yep using simple 1080 also

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭intro

Hi,

How do I set the "start up" channel for when I switch on e.g. RTE 1 when I switch on the box?

I am using OpenATV 7.3.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Press the DOWN arrow beneath the OK to bring up the channel list. Highlight the required channel (RTÉ1) and press MENU. You should see an option to "Set as startup service"

Advertisement