Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Gorgeous @pigtail33 Lovely stuff in Dunnes (if you don’t mind me asking how do you post image to thread from phone)

I think I came across a snowflake type from Homestore and more it might be worth a look for you

Fair play painting @freshpopcorn I am a brutal painter that bad my aunt took the roller off me and said let me do it 😂

@Andrew93 great memories in years to come hanging the decorations from your Disney trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

@SarahLil I just click on the link (circled below) in the comments box then browse to the photos on my phone and select the one(s) I want to upload. I know they appear sideways for some, but I've never had that issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm the opposite to you. My driveway was full of leaves yesterday and they magically disappeared during the storm because of the prevailing wind direction. 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

One of two. My OH's tree, the kids also have a tree which I will get a pic of, its pretty hectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭BK5

Ya lucky duck ha ha. My driveway falls back towards the house so no luck of the leaves ever getting out once they get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We face a T junction in our estate, which is full of trees everywhere, so we get the wind blowing a street full into our garden this time of year repeatedly. We fill the brown bin every day after its collected & need bags from Fingal Co Co to collect the rest, they do a bags collection every few weeks so we usually have a dozen or so every time they do one. The amount of leaves is incredible at times. What surprises me every year (& really shouldnt) is how long it goes on for!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

40 Days to go gang.... 40.

Definitely need another month between November and December!

Thank you for the tip @pigtail33

Beautiful tree @Jude13 I love the decor

We have been housebound a lot lately with sickness hopefully coming out of the other side now so with it being so nice I took the little one to a farm not far it was a lovely morning, great to get out get some fresh air

I’m taking my friends to Gabrielle in the Olympia later looking forward to it, last one we went to had restrictions I won’t mention the other C word and it ruined the vibe…. Hopefully we will grab a bite to eat near by and wherever we go has Christmassy decor

First thing this morning I got my Dunnes shopping slots for the rest of the year and 22nd December, after 22nd shop hopefully it’s on the veg left to pick up, meat Christmas Eve and of course the fresh bread for all the yummy sandwiches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just reminded me to book a Tesco slot. All the delivery slots gone but I got a click and collect for the 23rd so that will do me grand.

• Advertisement

Anyone receive their A Post Christmas card in the post yet? My Mam received one

I wish these 40 days would go at the same speed as those in January/early February!!

My Dad unexpectedly had to spend a week and a half in hospital, so I'm very much playing catch up with daily life. Apart from two Christmas cakes and a pudding, I haven't got anything sorted for Christmas. Maybe a trip to Tesco later, to pick up some Celebrations and Heroes might help me along 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Thank you! Thankfully he is on the mend. He has a suspected cracked rib (they couldn't tell for sure from the X-ray) after a bad fall but he's back home and in a lot less pain than he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Into the 30's and my tree will be going up in 8 days time. It's fricking happening folks!!

• Advertisement

Mine arrived this morning

An Post are on the ball

Great night at Gabrielle last night, of course little one had the worst nights sleep ever and we were awake at the crack of dawn, no nap today it’s been a long day

Went to Blanch this morning got to Aldi picked up those light up hanging decorations for my kitchen I’ll try post a photo. Christmas boots for LO ordered no stock in Next, only available to order to store so that will be another trip to collect them

Time is going so fast I can’t believe it

Is everyone getting a free card? I know there are cards included with the stamp booklet this year, but is this separate?

every household getting a card from An Post apparently I heard some little clip on the radio

An Post Christmas Card

• Advertisement

FM104 just switched on the Christmas lights on Grafton street tonight in a surprise announcement. I think they did the same last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HollisHurlbut

Our decorations are going up tomorrow. Had to take them down out of the attic last week as Santa had something big he needed to use as storage! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another hundred hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

City Council don't want crowds so it is likely to be surprise every year going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For anyone going to the opening night of Winterval enjoy

Sadly work life getting in the way 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

GAA club Christmas party tonight,still not really back to full fitness with this dose but will head down and have a few pints. Hoping the few bevvies will have some medicinal qualities.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is Winterval right in the centre of Waterford? Are there places to stay near it? I'm dithering between a night away in Belfast, or a night away in Waterford. And the Belfast Market is just so conveniently located right at the City Hall. 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just took all the decorations down from the attic ready for decorating tomorrow!

Gonna relax now and watch Children In Need

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Andrew93

We just got ours from storage. Long day ahead tomorrow cleaning before they go up!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I am sooooo not remotely ready this year. I’ve no presents got, and the kids haven’t even written Santa letters 🤯. It’s been one thing after another. We do have the events organised (where we are doing Christmas, wild lights etc) but none of the gifts-not even a list. This weekend will involve a sit down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I don't have kids, but I don't feel prepared and I usually do. It just crept up on me. Never mind not having anything bought, I don't know what to buy.

I lived in Waterford for a spell and I can categorically say you should go to Belfast. And I’ve never been to Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

First 'decoration' of sorts up, my Ronnie Drew Owl that - a plush "Seasonal Owl" that looks like a hungover Ronnie Drew in a cap with earmuffs - is now in place on top of the fusebox and the first scented candles are lit. Have exceptionally little space for anything due to the never-ending renovation of the gaff that messed up last year too but I'll find a way...

Some of the Lego Winter Village is built but currently sitting in my home office rather than downstairs as I haven't figured out anywhere for it yet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭tscul32

Have the Christmas clock ip and the Christmas fairy liquid out. That's all for now.

Love the clock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I order letters from Santa every year for my goddaughter and nephews. Usually order 5, dropped to 3 last year and now down to 2 this year 😢

One of the 2 I have to order is for my 13 year old nephew because he has to get one so his 6 year old brother doesn’t question why he gets one and not his brother 🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Decorations are 75% up and the annual Lego winter village is 95% done too. Hosting dinner for 20 on the 17th if Dec….slightly dreading it but it’s “our turn”

Grafton Street!

• Advertisement

OH seems to have a dose of man flu I don’t think I will get tree up this weekend

Trying to do little jobs hopefully they all help and everything will run smoothly eventually

These are the stars I picked up in Aldi 9.99 for my kitchen double doors my stars are silver framed

Winterval looking well

Better going down early instead of later when it gets uncomfortably busy

Harsh. Did you live here during Winterval? There's nothing on this island will touch it at Christmas time.

Yes it's all in the centre. All very walkable. You have the tower hotel, Granville, Tracy's , fittzwilton and bridge hotel all very close to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Never been to Waterford winterval and I don't live far from it might go up and have look this year.

My stars from Aldi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

You never see any colours anymore. Everywhere all white. It's not the same as the good oul days

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭A cup of te

I'm going to Waterford (staying over in hotel) in Dec for Winterval again this year because I enjoyed it so much last year. Got on the port of Waterford eye, watched people ice skating, had a Christmas lunch, walked Tramore beach, went into the arcades, and walked around the markets. I'd highly recommend it.

Edit: I also noticed when browsing some shops that the very same items were cheaper in Waterford than in Kildare and Dublin. I just found it much better value for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I'm in full Christmas spirits today! I'm just about to start the Christmas cake, I've had the fruit soaking for a week now in a load of booze so they're all plump and ready. I have the classics on Christmas fm playing and it's perfectly dull outside so all cozy! When the kids are in bed I'll start the wrapping with a glass of red and some cheese and crackers..

Think I'll make a few jars of mincemeat as I'll have everything out. Never made it before so but always wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Two of my mother's trees are up, one to go 🤣. She's crazy but I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

@SarahLil love those stars!

• Advertisement
Advertisement