Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

A problem with the EU response is that the Germans have been so traumatised by guilt over the Holocaust that they just cannot bring themselves to criticise Israel.

The US is compromised because the pro-Israel lobby in politics, the media and big business is so powerful. Heavily criticising Israel's actions in public could nearly be career ending for quite a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Maybe Israel shouldn't have occupied Gaza back in 07 if they couldn't provide the requirements the people of Gaza are legally entitled to.

Or here's a thing, send supplied from their own stock, they know the local store in Tel Aviv doesn't have an AK47 in a bag of rice or a grenade in the baby formula. You occupy a Gaza, you take the legal responsibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I agree they are absolutely not minimising casulties. As you said, even Netanyahu admitted the same.

The point is that if Israel wanted to go full-tilt, or even go half that, it has the arsenal to actually decimate the population of Gaza.

That they haven't isn't a ringing endorsement of their restraint or anything like that.

It's just a factual observation. Israel has the ability to basically wipe out Gaza.

I agree Israel doesn't have a heavy bomber force, but it has enough stockpiles of missles and bombs that if they were truly directed indisciminately, into densely populated areas with no warning, they could achieve a similar effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

"Or here's a thing, send supplied from their own stock, they know the local store in Tel Aviv doesn't have an AK47 in a bag of rice or a grenade in the baby formula. You occupy a Gaza, you take the legal responsibility"

Seems a good idea.It would also be a propaganda benefit for Israel .

But I expect the offer would have been refused,at least back in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Now that of course is horse of a completely different colour! Thats wrong, in capital letters, and in so many ways. Not least it breaches the Geneva Convention's. It's Wrong, totally, and inexcusably wrong. No question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

A certain amount of the barbarity was definitely planned. They attacked civilians notmilitarytargets. I also read somewhere that there were lists of names of IDF officers that were to be raped. Were all the attackers aware of this...who knows. Probably not them all. We also don't know if things went further than planned because of adrenaline, drugs etc.

As I have said, I don't think they have the planes and pilots to go full tilt. 6000 bombs in 6 days. 1000 a day, 41 bombs an hour, about 7 planes an hour needing to be rearmed, refueled, pilot needs a piss etc...

Israel do have the ability to wipe out Gaza, they are doing it day by day to the best of their ability. I don't see much restraint. Unless you mean they haven't being bombing dense clusters of people, like those evacuating south or refugee camps (bar the one they did bomb). That's hardly a ringing endorsement. Most countries who embark on mass killings/genocide, try to hide it.

I think I heard the plan (or a major part of the plan) was to break through to the West Bank.

Is it surprising that they were unable to coordinate something with the West Bank so as to link up?

I heard they made it half way across the Israeli territory...Had they had help it might have been even more significant.

They must surely have some clandestine or open Hamas operatives on the West Bank.They can't have been that cut off (the population there supports them now ,apparently -did it also support them before all this happened?)

Some people think Israel don't control the Rafah crossing, so how does Israel control the calorie count into Gaza?

Some believe Gaza was never under occupation since 2007.

Imposing any kind of restriction on basic food imports is inexcusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

First on the ground, another report of Hamas putting a two month old baby into an oven in front of the parents.

This not war, this is nothing to do with land or any of the other distractions. This is different. Hamas must be excised from humanity like the cancer that it is. Enough, too much. And no more funding to Palestine until Hamas is long gone.

So the rest of the world should join Israel with collective punishment on the citizens on Gaza by withholding lifesaving aid?

Be complicit in war crimes? Nah, no thanks.

This.... This... This.. As horrific as the 7/10 terrorist attacks were, nothing Israel can do can undo it. Israel are not under imminent threat from Hamas.

Cancer is a good analogy, you target cancer, you don't just go jabbing away limbs and think it will cure the patient. You miss the smallest piece and it will come back with a vengeance. The world grieved with Israel, but I'm sorry to say the absolute destruction of Gaza by the IDF has totally overshadowed the deaths on 7/10. That's on the IDF. Israel could have milked the front pages for weeks, had a cool and collected response, instead they drove the Palestinian cause to the front page. It in a way dishonors those who were butchered on 7/10. You don't defend against war crimes with war crimes, you don;t honor the dead of 1200 with the killing of 12000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Do you have a credible source for a Hamas link of IDF officers to be raped?

Is it like the revelation of the secret Hamas document to attack junior schools on October 7th, a public holiday?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

Of course. Calorie counts are meaningless if you are not getting even the basic quantities of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

No. I don't keep links in case someone on boards is looking for "proof ". Guess what I said means f**k all so...

So a 2 month old baby was burned in an oven in front of it’s parents when the only baby reported killed in Israel in October 7th was a 10 month old girl tragically killed by gunfire.

It always amazes me how we are expected to believe these stories from people who allegedly come across a scene after the fact and then recount in detail how everything happened and in what sequence. Like the story of the family at breakfast whose daughter had her leg cut off in front of the parents then the son had his fingers or toes (depending on who is telling the story) cut off in front of them while the terrorists laughed and ate breakfast before killing them all.

It’s like when a pub bore recounts a story of an event which they didn’t witness and in order to convince you the story is true starts going into detail they couldn’t possibly know, then he said, then she said, when they weren’t even there.

Post edited by SafeSurfer on

I tried to google "IDF officers to be raped", it's the total opposite. have a look and see, you can understand someone looking for a link rather than looking through claims of IDF soliders raping Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We know how it will end- America's unwavering support for Israel. Even if the IDF admit- which I doubt they will- the command center was not under the hospital, it will be brushed under the carpet- especially if they subsequently find the main command center in Southern Gaza as Olmert has suggested they will. I am just wondering is there anything Israel could do that would actually make the American Goverment condemn them? If that day comes Israel might then start to give a ****, until that day comes they won't really care what the rest of the world thinks of them.

Sure.

This girl told me, you wouldn’t know her she goes to a different school vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Don't bother. There are people on here disputing that any rapes even happened. This despite the victims testimony, and images of women with blood soaked pants and bodies of women and girls naked from the waist down going viral for all to see .

• Advertisement

Please give a source or let us know where we can look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Without wishing to diminish the savagery and barbarity of Hamas for a moment, there actually are some doubts that large numbers of women were sexually assaulted that day. Independent observers and monitors say that whilst it is undoubtedly true that at least 800 Israeli civilians were murdered in cold blood on October 7th (mostly through being shot), they've seen considerably less evidence of women being raped on a large scale.

It's certainly noticeable that whilst videos taken from killed Hamas terrorists show numerous shootings of civilians taking place, there don't seem to be any of women being sexually assaulted.

The viral photos of victims of October 7th, shared by the IDF that were actually photos of Kurdish victims from May 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

More disinformation from the IDF.

Jewish people are going to suffer because of the actions of Nethanyahu, his government, the IDF and Israel enablers in this moment.

The world is watching them butcher Palestinians as they look to take over Gaza with a PR campaign that showcases serious levels of fame news.

Not everyone is going to dissassocciate innocent Jewish and Israeli people with the people doing this and some will undoubtedly suffer as a consequence.

Hamas is not all Palestinians

Israeli warmongers and genocide advocates are not all Jewish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No. The ones like this. She is heavily bleeding. Perfectly innocent though I'm sure. Not gonna post some of the other, verified photos of half naked female victims, including Shani Louk. Easily found if you so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

I’m honestly shocked you’re saying they’re restricting themselves and “for instance they have not used nuclear weapons” like it’s some form of moral high ground and then following up knowing they would lose military aid if they did. My mind is blown…

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

It’s devastating seeing so many civilians killed and injured. I’m really disappointed with Biden with his ‘no red lines’. Netanyahu said back in the 90s that the US were easy to handle and it’s proving to be the case. There’s going to be a whole new generation across the Middle East who will view Israel as the enemy and who knows if this will lead to wider conflicts.

Also more disinformation from the Israelis exposed here by the NY Times who attributed blame for bombing Al Shifa to Hamas when of course it was them. Lies and lies and more lies.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CztzAowuTBq/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

“Without wishing to diminish the savagery…”

This thread is packed with posters exaggerating what the IDF is doing (“genocide””ethnic cleansing” etc) whilst at the same time playing down what Hamas did.

Aside from Tell me how’s good effort a long time ago now, posters alternative plans for Israel/the IDF in Gaza usually amount to “well I wouldn’t do this or that”. Unfortunately that won’t do, sadly. The number of innocents killed is tragic and to be condemned but Israel have to get rid of Hamas in Gaza who hide among civilians and civilian infrastructure. I don’t know how else Israel get to Hamas infrastructure in Gaza without going into Gaza.

Of course Hamas in Gaza could release the hostages and surrender but, they won’t, so the suffering sadly and tragically continues.

Given the surprise of the 7th Oct attack ‘the end game’ for Gaza is unknown. As we saw with Iraq and Libya that can be very difficult. As I said near the outset of this thread Gaza could be Gaza on the Med if the terrorists would lay down their weapons and wicked ideology and focus on living instead of dying, not to mention focusing on good for the Gazans rather than evil for the Israelis.

If Gaza was peaceful Israel would have no reason/excuse to build walls etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Israel found feck all at Al Shifa hospital, so now they're going to flatten it.

Advertisement