Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

KO the highlight for me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I keep forgetting how big Carlito looks until I see him in the ring.

Is Rey the Dom Toretto of WWE with all his talk of "familia"?

So Dakota knew Kairi was joining them. Now who to join Bianca, Charlotte and Shotzi. Wouldn't surprise me if someone in the back thought it would be a good idea if they brought Natalya over just to get her in the match.

Just saw someone mention it online which reminded me of when she was there before, but we can now finally get the Mania main event match of Brock vs Kairi.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zelina sold that Santos turn

Apparently Becky rumoured for Bianca's team which makes no sense as she is starting a feud with Xia I presume and is on Pearce's Raw, I doubt he'd give to Aldis Smackdown, maybe Mia Michin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Caught up this morning. Enjoyed how they're putting Kairi over big with the Asuka turn.

If it's a 4 v 4 for the women's then Xia on team Damage Ctrl and Becks on team star-studded makes sense with Dakota still injured.

Santos turning was done well and I hope over the next little while his two goons join him. End product is that Rey puts him over anyways surely. KOs stuff was funny too, he does seem a bit directionless since being drafted over tbh as they have done h feuding with the Bloodline to death.

Apparently Sheamus was injured and is due back next week. Any chance he could be Logan Paul's first defence purely to see Paul take one hell of a whipping🤣

• Advertisement

Any word on Owens getting suspended as per the deal he made?

The Brawling Brutes vs. The Street Profits vs. Pretty Deadly in an Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Title opportunity No. 1 contender's match

Good on Adam Pearce of Raw to allow Cody and Becky be on Nick Aldis Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Santos' promo, Jesus haha. Harsh as hell, wishing amputation and infection on him. Interested to see what they do with him, I think Cruz and Del Toro won't survive without him.

Dragon Lee/Axiom was good and I don't think Dragon Lee has looked great till now but that might have been his best showing to date.

The Damage Ctrl story could be class if they pull it off right. War Games is setting up nicely. I like that they have the mens building on Raw and womens building on Smackdown. Think they did enough to justify it being Becky too even though she's on Raw and think her and Charlotte hsaring a ring again feels big strangely. Also think Shotzi can really be bigged up in this match.

Saw Cody in Nick's office when he opened the door after telling Charlotte and co to have their partner by the end of the night. So was wondering what was being teased. Could Knight be joining Team Cody to counter Drew?

Becky must've been sitting outside the arena in her gear waiting for a call.

Shotzi does feel the most out of place of the team. Wouldn't surprise me if she's the one to take the pin. Or maybe Iyo is pinned by Charlotte to set up yet another title match since it's been at least a week since she's had one.

I think after that showing and the reaction, Axiom could be moving up full time.

Santos going on about Rey's surgery not going well, felt like he was just winging it and thinking of stuff to say, though, at the same time, that seemed to be Zelina's cue. Unless someone told her to go.

• Advertisement

Shotzi is definitely out of place as far as star power but storyline wise she's had big issues with Damage Ctrl and Bayley so at least that tracks. I do think if someone takes the pin on that team it's her unless they set up Charlotte as you said.

I think the surgery was planned, definitely towards the end he was winging it. You could see him looking to the ramp at one stage a bit flustered waiting for someone to cut him off.

B Fab now with Bobby Lashley?

Thought it was a decent if inessential Smackdown. That being said the crowd was pretty great and if that's an indicator for Survivor Series it could be class.

The Charlotte/Becky drama being played on is good and like the tension. I'm less sure of who's going to win the women's war games match. Shotzi's 'crazy' promo was pretty cringe but her later one was better. I really want to like Shotzi but when she acts too unhinged it is a pretty bad.

Santos is absolutely eating up with his heel turn and swapping out Carlito for Dragon Lee is a big step-up for Lee and also an upgrade to the card, could be an absolute banger.

KO/LA Knight was fun. Waller and Theory are such a perfect pairing tbh. Street Profits/Lashley has really lost my interest, seems directionless.

Saw someone suggest they should have had a traditional Survivor Series match with guys not on the card which would have been cool but still.

Very hyped for Survivor Series tbh, the build has been great and the card looks class. Also been a nice break from the Bloodline stuff on Smackdown.

Yeah the first Shotzi promo was more cringe than anything Ronda ever did. Better backstage mind. She looks so out of place on that team though in terms of aura.

LA Knight not being on the card after taking Roman to the limit is weird. Surely they could have saved the match with Jimmy last week for Survivor Series even to give them both something to do.

Was that an advantage match for WarGames?

Yeah, I said before that Shotzi is so out of place on that team.

Where's Shéamus these days with his team imploding?

He was out with some sort of injury but is due back shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No - the advantage for the Women is decided by a fan vote online

Randy Orton is on tonight, must be a free agent to appear on all shows, expect a few RKOs on The Bloodline

The Randy semgent was hot, crowd ate it up and him RKO-ing Aldis was cool too, real Stone Cold vibe. Wonder if it means Punk is going to RAW. It feels like they're starting to ramp up the divide between the brands a bit more which is good. Think it will help in the long-term.

US title tournament, could be solid, interested to see who comes up from NXT. Aside from that Joaquin Wilde and Butch looked pretty good and nice to see them get some focus. Outside of that it was a fairly standard Smackdown.

• Advertisement

After his match against Dragon Lee, I'd say Axiom is a possibility for being in the tournament. Surprised to see Kross in there since he hasn't had a televised match since August. Though he's fighting Lashley so won't be getting through to the second round, unless Butch interferes.

So Tribute to the Troops is a standard episode this year and not pre-recorded?

I miss Kairi's entrance music.

I enjoy KO's new thing of punching Theory and Waller in the face.

So is "disruptor" yet another social media term I'm too old to care to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fairly poor Smackdown all things said

Punk is a free agent and scheduled for next week's Smackdown

Reigns is scheduled for 15th December Smackdown

Saw that, I think we might get a signing segment again though. Randy on Smackdown/Punk on Raw maybe.

CM Punk and Cody Rhodes on tonight

LA Knight and Randy Orton teaming up tonight to take on Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Charlotte flair was injured last night during her match. There’s video of her telling the referee that’s she’s hurt her knee and looks in obvious discomfort.

Much stronger Smackdown than previous weeks, outside of the 'Merica bollocks.

Santos is really coming into his own and the Dragon Lee feud has been great, think him getting far in the US title tournament could really help. Lashley/Kross was whatever.

Charlotte/Asuka was pretty good and kept the Damage Ctrl story interesting, hope Charlotte isn't injured. I also loved the continuity of Mia Yim and Zelina attacking the rest of Damage Ctrl after being taken out by them.

The main event was fun but nothing essential, glad Roman is back next week, hoping it gives the Bloodline some direction.

CM Punk finally got to give the promo he should have given on RAW. Still surreal for him to be using all the WWE terms, while I don't think it was as intense as his AEW promos (that AEW reference went over like a lead balloon) I think it was great all the same. Set up a lot of potential feuds and with the Rumble coming up that's great. I like how Punk felt like he was part of the show here more than he had previously. Him interacting with people was interesting, him and Cody is interesting, they might have to stab each other in the back along the way to get what they want. Them being in the final four in the RR could be immense. Him and KO was good too, really playing up the animosity there could be between Punk and the locker room.

As a brief aside, JBL annoys the hell out of me on commentary generally but he was good tonight, him comparing Dom to Gandhi was outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Ridley

That AEW joke not landing is an interesting one.

Unless he says both (all three?), maybe Punk picking a show should be a decision made if/when wins the Rumble cause there's value in keeping the tension between Rollins/Reigns for a while longer - along with being in Rhodes' way and MitB lingering in the background - seems more interesting than, say, picking Smackdown then switching to Rollins for WM or saying Punk'll only be around one day a week.*

*Yes, pretending the brand split is respected especially around WM is naive

Punk basically set up his next 2 years of feuds in one promo. Rollins, Reigns, KO, Cody, LA Knight and Orton all got mentions.

AEW joke not landing at Tribute to the Troops is expected in all honesty. It's probably the most casual/non wrestling fan audience they'll have each year.

Lashley/Escobar winning their matches is interesting as both sort of need wins at the moment. Hard to call the semi final as a result.

Looks like Orton and Knight will end up having a number 1 contenders match for the title. Enjoyed them not being cohesive like most of the face teams tossed together usually are.

• Advertisement

Can we expect a similar promo on Raw, naming potential Raw opponents outside of Seth?

Was trying to think who Waller's opponent could be next week. I said Axiom before, though I guess it depends on if it's a permanent move or not. Mello or Bron could be possible.

Advertisement