Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Distressing content.

A UNRWA school bombed from the air

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 18,469 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The Petrous is from inside the skull, it seems it was the only part found. A hundred plus years after a conflict you will only find bones. Basically you are trying to muddy the water. Explain to me how a bone from inside the skull was found and no other part of the body is there maybe a dog came and eat the rest of the body completely

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

No excuse for that behaviour. Any idea what the debate was about?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How could that even be called a debate. Two people screaming at each other and nobody could make out a word of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

That's my point, we see a few seconds of the event. There's no context beyond the people screaming at each other. Had the debate started? Was there inflammatory comments before this? This is the problem with social media, things can be chopped and uploaded to fit a particular agenda without context.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You are the person claiming someone was beheaded so it is up to you to prove your claim.

Discovery of a bone is not proof of beheading.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

The refusal to allow independent accountability or journalism speaks volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

It's been my view all along and I've posted it here several times already, that it's not over until it's over, and all this emphasis that finding a Hamaz command centre underneath the hospital is the be all and end all of it. They have barely scratched the surface (literally) of these tunnels, there's reportedly somewhere between 3 and 5 hundred Klms of them to be searched. Some as deep as 3 hundred feet. And most of them will not be searched, even into the future if / when Hamaz is defeated because of booby traps. Meanwhile the world is rejoicing "Yippee, Israel lying propaganda now exposed, no Hamaz command center under the Hospital." and so it goes. But (big BUT) supposing, say in 2- or 3-weeks' time that the IDF does find undeniable evidence that Hamas was using the tunnels not only as a command centre, but also producing and storing large quantities of weapons? Medical facilities? That would turn the whole ballgame upside down. I've heard it said that the Tunnels equal the London Underground in terms of size and complexity. Now just imagine what can be done in a place like that. For sure, I would not rule out the IDF finding indisputable evidence that Hamaz was using the tunnels.

As for US continuing unwavering support for Israel, seems very like it, but then again, with American politics, who really knows? As for Israel giving a ****...they don't, end of story. As far as they are concerned, 6 million of them were exterminated by Hitler, and that's not going to happen again ever. And that shapes their attitude. The fact that they have been forced to fight several wars with their nearest Neighbours since the foundation of the state of Israel and presently they are under threat again of total destruction just serves to reinforce their beliefs determines their actions.

Once again you are trying to muddy the water with disinformation. I suspect that you never read the description of the Petrous. Anyway I did not say she was beheaded, I said it was not an unreasonable assumption to make when the only part of her body that was found was the Petrous which come from inside the skull under the cranial cavity.

It's not some random piece of bone found a hundred+ years after a conflict. At present there is attempts to muddy the water about what happened on October 7th.

It is accepted that it is her body in the back of the pickup driven by Hama's terrorist as she is identified by the tattoo below her knee.

She was a pacifist and had used her German nationality to avoid nation service in Israel. Why was her body stripped before placement on the truck. She was used as a trophy like the head of a stag or a stuffed fox from a different era.

By the positioning of of her left leg it looks like it was twisted and broken before or after death.

As I stated for the Petrous bone come come free of the head a fairly savage knife cut across the throat was need whether she was beheaded or not is not known.

Slava Ukrainii

What context do you need he was screaming about doing October 7th again and again

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 19,378 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That fella is going to be waking up mortified today as that clip travels around the world.

Everyone is going to know he wasn't able to get into a decent university.

On a more serious note, someone took the time to blur out the shouting girls face but not the fella shouting. If they were going to do that, surely they should have done both?

It's a well-known figure of speech and does not especially apply to the situation in Gaza. Have you ever heard the expression " Don't give up the day job"? same meaning, and not to be taken literally.

But on the subject of Gaza unemployment figures, and applicable everywhere ( Syria,Afghanistan,Pakistan etc) in Country's with high unemployment figures, you will find large numbers of people, (able bodied men especially) joining the likes of Hamaz, ISIS, Al-Quaida, Taleban etc. many not out of any great religious conviction (but outwardly they have to maintain the appearances of the devout) but solely because it's a means of supporting their families. It's the only income available. That has applied for many years in Gaza and applies there now too. They work for Hamaz, and when they are finished, walk back out onto the street, and go home to their families. All perfectly normal looking and above board.

“whether she was beheaded or not is not known.”

So you admit the truth in your last sentence. Thank you.

You also state without evidence that

“for the Petrous bone come come free of the head a fairly savage knife cut across the throat was need” this is utter speculation. In a conflict environment with grenades, rockets, tank and helicopter fire, is the only way for the Petronius bone to become detached a savage knife cut? No, of course not.

Misinformation is the Israeli Defence forces, which have hundreds of people working in propaganda and have sophisticated technical abilities in photo geo location, date stamping etc, claiming a photo of a dead Kurdish woman from May, was a raped Israeli civilian from October and thousands of people such as yourself using this type of misinformation (since deleted) as evidence.

Post edited by SafeSurfer on

The sick thing is that, for some on here, actual video of bodies of kids strewn around rooms today is less important than fabricated tales on beheaded babies from over a month ago.

You can't bring back the dead people, but you can stop more from being unnecessarily killed. Surely that would be the priority for most reasonable people?

The why. Why was he doing that? That's the context. People are so quick to just see something like this, not look for context and then label people as terrorists or anti-semites or whatever else. Is he justified in it? Of course not, there's no rational reason to behave like this but at the same time, context paints a more complete picture.

It's the same with the whole conflict and society in general. Israel are dead set on crushing Hamas and Palestine with it if that needs to be the case without realising that they are not actually tackling the root cause. In failing to tackle the question, "why do Hamas exist?" then Hamas and other organisations like it WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Haven't seen even the IDF come out with this nonsense that most people are working for Hamas.

The furthest day go is implying that because Hamas got 44% of the vote in elections 16 years ago that everyone in Gaza supports them, which is BS in and of itself, but to suggest that a significant number of the men work for them as you are doing is without basis in any sort of factual evidence as afar as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We were led to believe that Israel had a detailed map of the layout of the command center from spies within in the hospital. If this is the case it shouldn't take them to long to find it. I am not ruling out there being one under the hospital, but i would tend to believe not. I just don't see how Hamas would be able to dismantle it all and get all the hostages to another place without being detected- unless these underground systems are connected all the way to Khan Younis. Otherwise I am not buying it, as Hamas's military machine has effectively being destroyed in Gaza City.

Israel are under no threat of total destruction. Maybe given their history they have this paranoid fear of being wiped out but upon analysis it has no basis in reality. Israel is the dominant power in the region backed up by a superpower. No conventional force in the region is a threat to their existence much less a militia with no airforce or navy.

• Advertisement

I googled about the UCD thing. Here is a Palestinian looking fella getting assaulted just before the other fella kicked off

It looks like the white haired fella tried to unfurl some T-shirt which was snatched off him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Indeed - the IDF should have captured dozens or hundreds of terrorists at Al Shifa hospital if it was supposedly a Hamas command and control centre for the whole of Gaza. Did they reveal capturing or killing even one terrorist at the hospital site?

5 weeks ago, Israel told everyone in Northern Gaza to move south, for their own safety.

They then said that Hamas was sheltering in the Al Shifa hospital which they then raided and found no legitimate evidence that this was the case.

Now, they are telling people in southern Gaza to move again, for their own safety.

They have also now started to say that the real location of Hamas operations is at a hospital in south Gaza.

They are clearing the Gaza strip as they carry out their Genocide. Israel is a rogue state.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Yeah it started with 638 AD with the Caliph Umar. Kinda similar timeline to the English invading Ireland but the English were not as successful with their cleansing of this island.

Your argument is stupid because ultimately if you want peace you need to get over history and live together. Northern Ireland a pretty recent example where 2 opposite cultures put aside their differences for peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Unfortunately due to the nature of HAMAS terrorists standard uniform being civilian clothing the Israeli terrorists have an excuse (in their minds) to keep this going for as long as they want.

For all the talk from HAMAS about their bravery and their willingness to fight to the end they really show cowardice when faced with death.

So far, the IDF have only searched an extremely small area of tunnels beneath the hospital and basically, only scratched the surface. It's also very possible that if Hamas had been using the tunnel directly under the hospital, then it would have been "cleaned of any real evidence before the attack on the 7th. Hamaz knew very well what would happen after the attack and planned for such events. The IDF knew very well some areas of the tunnels, the part that they had built themselves, but the newer additions? That I'm not so sure about, but time will tell.

From the safety, security and invisibility of working hundreds of klms of tunnels buried between 2 & 3 hundred feet below ground, sure you could. Hamaz has moved equipment, men and supplies, and at their leisure at that. No problem. Bring in the night shift. Thats not a joke by the way. How do you think that hundreds and hundreds klms of tunnels were built???

Whether its possible or not for Israel to be defeated, does not matter. What matter is what Israeli's believe, and if they think they are under threat, that's enough for them. Just look at how long Putin has held power, all based on the lie that he is saving Russians from the Ukrainian Nazi's?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

But the very reason the IDF gave for entering the Al Shifa hospital was that they claimed it was a 'current' command and control centre for Hamas and the biggest such one in Gaza. If it was a former one, there would be no need whatsoever to go near the hospital (as it would supposedly be now clear of terrorists).

They've no army, no airforce, no navy, no tanks, no artillery, no supply lines.

This isn't a war, it's a brutal show of strength against a guerilla organization.

And Israel is providing recruits fir that organization for the next 20 years.

If you were a 25 yr old man whose entire family was killed in a missile attack, would you wait for future elections to try and vote Hamas out as you're being told to do by your attackers and their funders?

Or would you pick up a rocket if you had the chance? I know what I would do. And all of the ubernationalists in western nations are very vocal about the need to defend their own respective countries, and yet they are denouncing Palestinians for actually doing so in practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

They are telling people to move west now.

IDF claiming they are providing UN with fuel and aid but UN are claiming none received at all. IDF lying through their teeth and pushing the Palestinian people towards a major catastrophe. Israel needs to be brought to heel in the strongest terms

Advertisement