Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The intention is to remove the Palestinian population from Gaza. If they can’t forcibly expel them they will make Gaza uninhabitable by destroying the housing stock, infrastructure, everything. They are literally bulldozing Gaza out of existence through their policy of Bomb, Bulldoze, Wipeout.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 82,387 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lost me at “ethnic cleansing is exaggeration”

decades of this now. How can anyone deny the evidence. Israeli Holocaust and Genocide experts say the same.

This current war has lasted decades what do you mean

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Can you explain how the Petrous bone was found not attached to her skull. Considering that Hama's terrorists were the only people with access to her body before they use it as a war trophy in Gaza.

Her body shows no sign of bullet, grenade or explosive wounds. There was comment that her head was in the pickup as well as there was sight of her dreadlocks. It is not know where it was attached or partially attached or completely removed from here body. You are virtually trolling at this stage and continuing with misinformation about her murder. I have given you all the information you just choose to ignore it.

You are typically of anti-Semite's who hide there total hatred of the Jewish people covering it as sympathy for the Palestinian people

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Claiming that they have 'no choice' but to do it in order to keep Israel safe. It seems Israel's safety will come at the expense of an entire population of 2m people being ethnically cleansed of their land.

• Advertisement

“We are now rolling out the Gaza Nakba. From an operational point of view, there is no way to wage a war – as the IDF seeks to do in Gaza – with masses between the tanks and the soldiers.”

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭freebritney

Fairly graphic and accurate description of the barbaric act of cutting someones throat. Given your medical knowledge could you describe the effects of over pressure from an explosion on a human body, especially a childs. Maybe describe how the organs are basically liquidised. While we're at it you might descibe the feelings of terror when the building your in collapses due to a JDAM strike and you find yourself buried alive, wedged up against the body parts of your child/parent/sibling. The pilot flying the F35 or the Predator drone gets no less of a free pass than the guy hacking someones neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

It is as clear as daylight. You would be stupid in the head to believe otherwise.

Israels gaslighting is comical. Comical Israel.

The root case cannot be tackled as Hama's was unwilling to talk/ negotiate with Israel. The Camp David summit in 2000 between Yasser Arafat and Ehud Barak hosted by Clinton was the last real attempt and that showed that the Palestinians were incapable of coming to an agreement. Barak conceded, conceded and conceded but Arafat never gave what his expectations for a settlement were and when it reached the final stages he walked away.

How can you negotiate with an entity who's raisin de etre is the complete destruction of Israel. Look at there cry ''from the river ( Jordan) to the sea Palestine will be free'' maybe some chanting that do not understand stand the meaning but most do and those who originally started shouting it did as well.

Hama's has had nearly twenty years to do something positive for the Palestinian people instead it has created a labyrinth of tunnels to rival the London Underground.

The reality is Israel can only look at this from a security viewpoint as both Hamas and Hezbollah as well as most other factions want the destruction of Israel. Unfortunately Hamas by its action and the Palestinian people by there acceptance of Hamas within them have brought the old Roman curse of ''Iron and ashes'' down upon them.

This could end of the hostages were released and if Hamas left Gaza.tge problem for the Palestinian's even if there was a solution tomorrow morning, the Palestinians themselves are unwilling to enforce that settlement.

In 2000 at Camp David they were offered Gaza and the West Bank with an overhead road/ railway connecting them with certain security considerations for Israel. They refused that solution. I do not think they will get that offer again.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

So, they gave this as a reason or justification for attacking the areas near the hospital ( i don't know if the actual hospital was hit or only the grounds.)? But it matters not one whit to the Israelis. They are hunting Hamaz, wherever they may be, and they do not give a damn about justification etc. In so far as it goes, they are only interested in giving their operations a veneer of "civilization". Hence the claim that Hamaz had a command center directly beneath the hospital. But that's as far as it goes, and now the hunt continues. Don't be too surprised when many other Mosques, Schools etc. are targeted as well. Any " Places of Interest" will come under attack. To put it mildly, Israel now reminds me of a runaway horse, at full gallop, with the bit between its teeth.

This is how I see it, and not to be taken as either support or condemnation for either side. Both have broken the Geneva Conventions and International Law, and both are as guilty as hell.

• Advertisement

I saw a video where a anti zionist Rabbi was describing how the Palestinians are not antisemetic, they are anti-settler. I think that is the greatest stroke Israel has pulled, equating being against settlement expansion and the treatment of Palestinians with antisemitism. If the settlers were Pastafarians from the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster I'm pretty sure Hamas and the other organisations would exist. It allows them to shut down all legitimate criticism of their actions and is used on this thread on a daily basis. I think people are coping on to it and getting sick of the vicitm mentality Israel constantly deployes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This guy is as no different to those who fly flags with a swastika.

Israel actions and this mindset is so detrimental to Jewish people and is going to hurt them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Cordell

This guy is as no different to those who fly flags with a swastika

Or from those chanting from the river to the sea.

Stop buying the zionist extremist narrative just because their enemy is your enemy.

In any conflict there is information and misinformation. Many on Palestinian side here grab onto 1-2 sound bites where there was an error made in the heat of the moment by an Israeli politician. Many are trying to turn the deaths that happened on October 7 as being partly or mainly Israeli action.

The Shani Louk disinformation campaign is similar, the harping on about there is no proof that she was beheaded is immaterial, she was savagely murdered, her body was used as a war trophy and paraded in her undergarments. I suspect her body was washed as her throat was cut ( Petrous bone no longer in her head) and there is little sign of blood on her body, it was also probably the reason her dress was removed.

But the way certain posters carry on here excusing the savagery of Hamas on October 7th shows there total contempt for Israel and there anti semitism even though they like to think they are not.

War is not pleasant but if the Palestinian people will not police there own territory then unfortunately Israel will. I suspect that Israel is going to clear or virtually clear Gaza and disperse the population I do not agree with it but I can see there reasoning.

Negotiating is like a Tango dance it takes two to do it. Hamas has shown it is unwilling to negotiate it wanted war it has got war, it taught it actions were a recruitment for it. Israel has decided enough is enough. If the Palestinians and the Arabs in general are going to continue to accept attacks on Israel then Israel will carry out a security solution

Slava Ukrainii

The difference is in Northern Ireland there was multiple people willing to talk and back in 1922 when we achieved independence we had people who when they had a democratic mandate enforced that mandate. It caused a civil war but the solution was enforced creating one of the oldest democracy's in the world.

The Palestinians have had numerous opportunities to have a peaceful settlement, but they want the destruction of Israel which is not going to happen

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 51,753 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will you give them a chance. They're busy digging the tunnel they have to find to prove their claims.

There is no soundbites being grabbed onto. On Oct 7th Hamas murdered over a 1000 Israeli's, it happened, no one is denying it. Israel has used this incident to committ a genocide on the people of Gaza, you've said so yourself. Israel has also told lies in describing how many of the people murdered on that day died, using the most viscoral images of beheaded infants and raped children to garner support for what they know is a wholly disproportionate response to the attack.

A nuclear military, armed with the most sophisticated weaponary on the planet is under as much extistential threat from an armed militia as Ireland is from Pitcairn Island. This whole conflict becomes much easier to view when you see it as the simple white European colonisation of a country in the Middle East instead of some mumbo jumbo of a race of people returing to their homeland after 2000 years based on a book of fairytales. Just view it as a modern day American expansion into the West. The Israeli's are the settlers, the Palestinians the Native Americans and they've taken their land, forced them onto reservations and broken treaty after treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

One observation I will make about some - not all obviously, but a select few - posters in this thread is that they treat hearsay, anecdotal accounts and pure speculation about Israeli actions as cast-iron gospel.

Anything posted that shows Hamas in the same light is played down, ignored, called lies, propaganda, dismissed, demands for unrealistic levels of "proof", et al.

Then the goalposts get moved. "There are clearly no weapons here". Weapons are found. "Israel planted them". Because of course a radical Jihadi group, reponsible for a terror attack launched with the sole objective of killing as many civlians as possible, a group that uses its own civlians as human shields, would never do that.

I'm not talking about Palestine or Palestinians or what they are suffering. I am specifically talking about Hamas.

There was even a survey conducted from within Palestine by a local, Arab think-tank that showed generally strong support for Hamas the the Oct 7th attacks and immediately one poster was trying to discredit it rather than actually talk about it.

Hamas is a barbaric, fundementalist Jihadi organisation that wants to wipe Israel off the map. It does not care for the lives of Palestinian civilians. It does not care about human rights or womens rights.

Most of them don't care about their own lives for that matter and are happy to sacrifice themselves if it means killing jews.

That's not to say anything about Hamas makes the death toll of Palestinians OK or justifiable, but don't try and downplay what Hamas is, and the fact that there is huge support for Hamas and what it did on October 7th, not only in Gaza but the West Bank too.

I mean we have a video of that guy at UCD shouting Allahu Akbar and screaming that we will do October 7th over and over again.

It would be easy and logical to say "that's not OK" regardless of your opinions on the conflict. But of course a few select posters are straight away into trying to hold everyone else accountable, and inventing scenarios that would contextually somehow make it OK.

That Palestine does not support Hamas is a complete and utter lie. Some posters here would have you believe it's a black and white situation and Israel is responsible for everything wrong in Palestine, historically and currently, and Israel is the one preventing any solution, then and now. That is also completely not true.

Nothing about the death toll in Palestine is OK. Thinking Israel is committing war crimes, is not doing remotely enough to minimise casulties, bears a large shoulder of blame for the conflict, or whatever - completely fine and rational opinions.

But a few posters on here are so anti-Israel that they are almost pro-Hamas, whether intentional or not.

And there it is. When your “evidence” is exposed as nothing more than you jumping to conclusions you are straight in with oh if you don’t believe my opinion you must be an anti semite. Bad faith discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

So Israel bombed 2 schools today. Scores more children dead. There is seemingly no depravity both sides will sink to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

While you make a point don't generalise all Palestinians. Many are ruled by the HAMAS terrorist dictatorship against their will and many are brainwashed with hatred from a school age. No matter how dark the hour there is still hope for peace.

I've no doubt if the IRA launched HAMAS level attacks in terms of brutality and casualty rates Ireland would no longer exist as an independent state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

There was an article on the BBC the journalist with others were brought in to see the HAMAS supposed command station in the hospital were prohibited from speaking with staff ot patients and only see an tiny area. A few guns were rolled out as proof of Hamas . Its pathetic the reporting on this.. . wheres this big command centre and extensive tunnels that we keep hearing about. The IDF have total control there now .. if there was anything of significance we would have seen it.

And some posters will condemn you as a Hamas supporter for criticising the bombing of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

Magic Beans? Thats the best answer you can come up with??? Really? I realize that it might put a bit of strain on you to debate any of the points that I've covered but go on. Make the effort. Show me where I'm wrong or produce a counter point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Do the Ray-bans help?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Here you are, presumably from thousands of miles away, through a few blurry snippets of footage, not only describe the manner of someone’s death, throat cut with a knife, almost severing the head. But also conclude that the victims body was washed and this was the reason her dress was removed, after previously declaring this was evidence of rape.

Have you called out any of the Israeli disinformation? Why did they feel the need to use images of non Israeli victims of a different conflict and claim they were Hamas victims?

Do you believe exaggerating the atrocities of October 7th is a strategy to excuse the atrocities Israel has undertaken since then?

Great analytical post of what is the situation on the ground there.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Some posters seem to take an excessive amount of pleasure in describing the events of Oct 7th.

Those events cannot be ignored but some of the posts describing them on here definitely seem to be trying to be as graphic as possible. And then, often within the same post, they discount the suffering of the Palestinians and completely ignore the manner in which thousands of them have been killed.

It has made me very uncomfortable reading it and seeing the selective concern for the victims.

Advertisement