Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

She's just looking for any excuse possible to give Scarlets the ball. Show's just how hopeless they are that they still cant score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Excellent from McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Ironically Davidson got that scrum call wrong in Leinsters favour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sure look, it's good experience at adapting to the ref. Something we sometimes struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

Why is Porter on so long against a poor Scarlets team

• Advertisement

Leinster are lacking the execution that was so precise during the Lancaster years. Handling and accuracy at the breakdown has been poor.

It's clear that we're still between two eras currently as Nienaber is yet to take over. I hope for better against Munster.

McCarthy, Keenan and Osborne were the standouts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Surely that gets checked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Yellow is probably fair given the drop in height

Ross Byrne past 1000 leinster points now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Clarkson?

Perhaps the stats don't back this up, but I wouldn't have SA down as a particularly precise team in terms of handling and breakdown accuracy. More trying to get on top of chaos.

It may not be too dissimilar to the shift from Schmidt to Farrell when Ireland got less accurate but far more lethal.

Larmour looked sharper this week

Gunne looked tidy also

Keenan is just a class player, his positioning and timing is second to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Oh I'm not expecting Lancaster levels of accuracy when Nienaber comes in. It's just that right now Leinster just look a bit sloppy and not quite at their best.

I have been impressed with our defence since the Glasgow game though. Feel like we really go up a level of physicality when the opposition's enters our 22 and we start making big hits that sends the opposition backwards from the gain line.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Didn't see the game but 54-5... is there really much to complain about?

It really wasn't as impressive as the scoreline suggests. I'm happy they overcame some struggles and put a good scoreline down. Bit surprised Prendergast was taken off when he was all things considered. The second quarter was really terrible.

• Advertisement

We could have Ed Byrne returning and possibly Henshaw for next week's tilt. I reckon there will be some changes but nothing too risqué.

Could see Gunne once more. If he's on the field with Craig Casey, we will witness 2 of the smallest lads available on show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Osbourne is a ridiculous talent

Osborne is in pole position to start the La Rochelle game at 12 if he stays fit. He's playing far too well to be left out. Ngatai hasn't let Leinster down either. Both are fine options.

Henshaw should be made work his way back into the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Really like Ngatai. He always gets go forward ball and tough as nails but Osborne has it all. Good size (and will continue to fill into his frame), can make a break, big left boot but also has the passing game and soft hands. That catch and pass for Prendergasts try was superb. Also threw a lovely left to right long pass in the second half which might not have got many plaudits but plenty of top centres who struggle to do it.

Joe McCarthy could easily have won MotM last night. He's turning into that second row brute which Leinster have been looking for for years. Ryan is world class, but doesn't have the sheer physicality of the former. McCarthy makes metres over the gain line despite being lined up by two or more tacklers. He can smash lads a mile behind the gain line as well. He has that Doris like ability of becoming more prominent the longer the match goes in as well. I'd like to see him start against Munster.

I'd also like to see Penny get a start as well. He's performed well for years now and at 24 he needs to start getting these games or he'd rightfully have to start looking elsewhere.

Post edited by Clegg on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

It's not usual to feel sorry for opposing coaches but when the camera panned a few times on to Peel and Payne you could see they were shell shocked. I felt for them. They have no hiding place. When they were at Ulster they were pretty successful. Scarlets seem lost on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I’d like to see Penny get a start next week too. Thought last night (or at least the first half) was one of VDFs least impressive outings for a long time. Pennys early season form has been good and he deserves the start.

Where's @[Deleted User]?

We need him to make a Leinster vs Munster thread.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just watching last night's game now. Prendergast, for all his attacking prowess, really does not like making tackles.

He'll need to get that sorted if he wants to play international rugby.

Advertisement