Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust on Porcelain Tiles

Options
  • 19-11-2023 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

I found a scalpel blade under some corriboard that was protecting a porcelain tiled floor. Unfortunately, the blade has left a rust outline on the floor that I'm finding impossible to remove. I'd love to avoid taking out the tile as it's in the middle of the floor and definitely going to look a bit off if it's replaced. I've tried bleaching and vinegar over a number of hours but to no avail.

Would anyone have a more industrial grade solvent that they would recommend for this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Victorian House

I was in Super Valu today after posting the message above and decided I'd give The Pink Stuff a try and it did the trick. A lot of wasted vinegar making little progress but this took it out in a single go. Anyway, this might be of some use to somebody else who happens across this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭10-10-20

No way! I'd have scoffed at the suggestion of using Pink Stuff, even though I have some here I didn't rate it all that highly. Will have to test it more! Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Interesting! I saw some suggestions online to use lemon juice and salt, which sounded more likely. I have a very old tub of Pink Stuff, but there's no indication on the tub of what's in it, but I always assumed it was some kind of enzyme, like in washing detergents, so wouldn't have thought that would have had any effect on something like rust.

Advertisement