Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

From Sky new earlier.

Also, the largest bomb Israel can drop is a 2000lb bomb ~0.9 ton, so if every bomb dropped was a 2000lb bomb that would mean they dropped 27700+ bombs. I was just rounding down. But yes, it's much much much more than 25k bombs as not all will be 2000lb bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

Exactly, it's your view, and you are entitled to it, just as I am to mine. And I'm not basing that on what the IDF, Hamas, the US etc are saying, first casualty of any war is the truth, so I take everything with a grain of salt. The thrust of all your posts seems to be directed against Israel. Big bad Israel, everything is their fault etc, etc, For me, both sides are wrong. So, I neither condemn nor condone either side. Time enough for that when / if more information etc becomes available.

I'm more concerned about the part that the tunnels are playing, the technical issues, especially logistics. When I see a post by the IDF, showing (in this case) a large 4 x 4 vehicle, supposedly booby trapped, and lots of weapons, hand grenades, ammo magazines spread out on the floor, I know this scene very well because it's not the first time I've seen it, and in real life too. People are moving freely around it because the vehicle has been thoroughly checked and any boobytrap has been disabled and removed. And when I looked at the pic for the first time, those were my thoughts exactly. So, I give my opinion on it. And that opinion is not guesswork or supposition. But according to you its just guesswork? As for the bombing and IDF covering up, Sure they are, I'm not disputing that with you. But I've worked with teams who specialize in bomb disposal, handling booby traps and especially VBIEDS. Same thing with how much progress the IDF is making in the tunnels how far they have gone ect, I've never claimed to know that. Only the IDF and Hamas know that, but I'm 100% sure that the IDF are in the tunnels, and it's going to be a long and dangerous job clearing them, and some will not be cleared, but will have to be disabled some other way. So, I'm not in any rush to say that the IDF are lying bastards etc, just because no tunnels have been found,,,,the operational word is YET.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

Oh I thought that video footage had to be fake Israeli misinformation.So the nice doctors were tending to their new inpatients after all?

I hope they remembered to give them wrist tags in case anyone needed to see them afterwards for a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

A very nasty "arbeit macht free.Zionist" comment buried in among the comments.

I wonder is there any point reporting such comments or will Twitter just push them up in their algorithm rankings now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Just an observation, there has been weapons found by the IDF that looked a little rusty, or let's just say not in the best condition. The 4x4 had a nice little cache, AK's, grenades etc... so why did Hamas leave it all behind? Maybe they were in a rush, fair enough, but they had time to booby trap the jeep? Maybe they were surrounded and couldn't walk out with the weapons but had time to booby trap the jeep, totally possible. But we've been told there's a hidden tunnel in every second building in Gaza, they could have easily taken them all with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This has nothing to do with how people feel about Jews, it's how people feel about a genocidal rogue state butchering women and children as it seeks to occupy another country and is doing all this while supported by the US, the EU and powerful countries worldwide who profess to promote morality.

But keep the same energy for 2024 and beyond when Jewish people are being told by the conservatives cheering them on right now that 'they will not be replaced by them'.

I know when that happens again, I'll be advocating for the Jewish people and I know that a lot of the people who are cheering Israel on right now on this platform will be making excuses about the definition of free speech versus hate speech.

I haven't made a single anti-jewish post on this thread, or anywhere else, nor have any of the frequent pro-Palestinian posters as far as I have seen. But I refuse to accept Judaism and Israel as the same entity, just because radical extremists within the government and military of the latter label anyone who disagrees with them as being antisemitic. Their get out of jail free card to do that is no longer valid. And hasn't been for a long time.

It's time to hold them accountable for their actions and the dangers they have brought on Jewish people worldwide which will likely exist for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, that 4x4 was the business all right!! All loaded up and ready for action. I wonder if it was originally prepared for action on the 7th? But in any case, it's not uncommon to find such vehicles all ready just like this one, then abandoned. (and not just vehicles either. I'm waiting to see what will be found in the tunnels as the IDF venture further into them, especially the missing command centre) I reckon that they were cornered by units of the IDF, and just got out while they could but were unable to take it because a 4x4 driving around the streets in Gaza at his time would be a magnet for IDF surveillance. As for the booby trap, maybe it was or maybe it was not, but regardless it would have to be checked out, like the whole area around it for booby traps. No one just walks into an area like that, it always has to be checked out first, and that really slows down thing's

This is from the US yesterday.

This is what I was talking about when I said about right wing activism in the US and how it will target the Jewish communities.

Make no mistake, these people have no interest or fondness for Palestine but Israel's actions will mean that there will be less people eager to oppose these types of individuals in the same way as they would have done up until very recently.

Unfortunately though, middle America will likely try to conflate the growth of these groups with Palestine support and thus will also make Muslims communities targets of sorts.

It all makes for a very volatile environment. and make no mistake, Israel is responsible for this escalating at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

With all due respect, if I have to explain why Israel haven’t used a nuke on Gaza then I can’t help you.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Are we permitted to post videos of October 7th?

The video is extremely graphic. Perhaps a warning or something?

Hamas terrorists live streaming on Facebook executing an entire family.

You can see the likes and laughing faces rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

There's a warning on the first post that it's not allowed. Also, just to remind you, no one here is supporting Hamas, no matter what way it gets twisted, supporting a ceasefire and supporting the civilians of Palestine is not tacit support of Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The people who left Gaza last week were some Irish passport holders who were in Gaza before it was cut off. They were not hostages, held by Hamas.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Do you really believe that Hamas videoed themselves burning civilians to death. Have you seen or heard about these videos or read about them online or in newspapers? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

That's ironic considering my post above yours.

The IDF has stated this morning that they have killed 3 more terrorist commanders in air strikes carried out last night

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-3-hamas-company-commanders-killed-in-overnight-strikes/

A post thanked multiple times that contains complete inaccuracies.

Israel was not given “the worst land in the region”

Israel is not even one of the wealthiest countries in the region, never mind the world.

Don’t let prejudice and stereotypes blind you to reality.

• Advertisement

Why the F would you even want to post something like that? Like what is wrong with you?

There's no shortage of videos of people being horrifically killed, on both sides, what do you hope to achieve by posting such a video?

Like, do you think that if one person is killed in a particular heinous manner, that it justifies the killing of 10 or 15 people on the other side to some how balance the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Ulixes

I agree. It is disgusting that Hamas are using them as a human shield and, to a lesser extent, disgusting that Israel are treating them as collateral damage. The overwhelming responsibility for the civilian deaths in Gaza lies with Hamas. They are the authors and instigators of this round of death. They have sunk to a new level of barbarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Did you miss the bit where we have a poster demanding such evidence from them, else they deny such atrocities occurred? Strange you seem oblivious to the Hamas defenders on the thread who have engaged in such tactics over the course of it.

Do you really believe that Hamas videoed themselves burning civilians to death. Have you seen or heard about these videos or read about them online or in newspapers? Where?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

So no “Hamas terrorists burning civilians on camera with glee”.

Do pathologists tell us if the fire was started by Israeli forces or Hamas forces?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Ulixes

They won't and aren't carpet bombing anywhere. Carpet bombing requires bombs and bombers. That's not what they are using. Stupid emotive and inaccurate language adds nothing to the discussion.

A poster claimed to have seen videos of Hamas burning civilians to death “with glee”. No videos exist of Hamas burning people to death.

Why deny that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭rogber

Read this article too, very sad and the plight of these people gets almost no attention. Absolute human rights abuses across the board by the Israelis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's videos of atrocities which were shown to the media which encompass burning civilians to death eg

The footage that the Israeli military showed foreign correspondents Monday included a photo of a burnt baby. It showed gunmen shooting the dead bodies of civilians in cars, militants in the process of beheading a body with a hoe, burnt corpses thrown in a dumpster.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-hamas-attack-military-war-a8f63b07641212f0de61861844e5e71e

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/10/18/israel/palestine-videos-hamas-led-attacks-verified

There's also footage of Hamas celebrating those atrocities.

There was horrific footage live streamed, viewed by posters on the thread, and attested to on the thread, of the beheading attack on a civilian. Footage which you know cannot be shared directly here.

You know all this, and yet "Why deny that?" Yet you did.

Why deny that indeed?

And yet, beside the abundant posts questioning posters who claim Hamas have committed atrocities, where are the posts challenging claims of alleged Israeli atrocities? So there can be no neutral pretence of "just the facts" can there?

So "why deny that"?

Plainly and obviously, it is to defend Hamas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement