Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports tonight that MJF had to have his hip popped back in after the match with Switchblade.

So he wrestled a portion of the match with a dislocated hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

No surprise MJF is signed already. Dumb story to begin with tbh and they'd be even stupider if they built this thing around him and he actually wasn't signed to begin with.

No surprise his hip popped out too, that elbow dive to the outside was a dumb move when the table had broken already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Does anybody think this Devil story is salvageable? These type of stories rarely live up to expectation.

Cole and Undisputed Era 2.0 does not appeal to me.

Juice Robinson the latest out injured he will need back surgery.

On the brightside he has Toni to look after him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The face on the one holding the poster doesn't looks right considering the one beside her is blurry. Also "IM A POOR"? A poor what? User of the English language, leaving out the apostrophe in "I'm"? I need more to go on here!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I presume Cole reveals to be the Devil, maybe screws MJF out of the title, and that leads MJF to officially signs. New contract, such is his desire to avenge himself vs Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Didn't MJF previously (in full heel mode) refer to some people as "poors" ie poor people, peasants etc? I could be misremembering.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yeah he used to do it on a weekly basis. That person’s sign was entirely playing off one of his very regular catchphrases.

This is going to hilarious Christian Cage can do no wrong!

Luchasaurus Cage & Nick Cage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nick Cage is great

Luchasaurus Mimicry and Nick Mimicry?

Continental Classic a round-robin tournament

Group 1 Blue League: Danielson, Andrade, Brodie King, Claudio, Garcia, Kingston

Group 2 Gold League : Mox, Swerve, RUSH, Briscoe, Lethal, Switchblade

20 minute time limit per match

3 points for a win

1 point for a draw

0 points for a lose

Looks like it will be fun with awesome matches to look forward too.

Omega, Hangman, Yuta, Takeshita, Miro, Black, Matthews, Ethan Page, Keith Lee, Strong, PAC, Joe

That's another 12 off the top of my head that could have been in it.

What a stacked roster there is in AEW of pure pro wrestling talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Will be some brilliant matches with those contestants

Apparently it’s also been clarified that Eddie’s two titles will be kind of on the line, with the winner of the competition in its entirety being the new Triple Crown champ. It’s not that each of Eddie’s matches will be title matches. He has to win the competition to retain them all. If he loses his block, he’s stripped of the titles and they become up for grabs in the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Since I have no faith in him making it to the end, it's basically the equivalent of vacating the titles. Doesn't make the RoH titles look good when 2 champs have vacated their titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A really bad idea, and in a way lessens the Continental Classic itself, if it's felt this added incentive is needed to spice things up. They should be positioning this thing as the be-all and end-all of tournaments in and of itself.

And if they want to avoid the thing of having a champion getting beaten without tainting the belts, they'd have been better off just having Eddie lose his titles at Full Gear to someone not in the tournament.

I guess it will depend on how they structure the story.

imagine if Eddie vs Claudio in the final round robin match, Eddie needs to win to progress, but loses and in the process, loses his titles. There can be drama there.

if he plots through loss after loss, I’d be heavily disappointed. But I think it adds some level of story to be told in the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Toni Storm really is the highlight of Dynamite.

The acceptance speech was brilliant.

Joe has a genuine chance of becoming champ, huh? Cole reveals as the Devil, screws MJF right as his kayfabe contract runs out, thinking he'll escape the revenge as a result. MJR quickly returns, signs a new contract and vows revenge on Cole?

Killswitch is a pretty damn cool name for a heater.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be great if whoever won the tournament just refused the belts. "No, I'm grand. I'll stay in AEW, thanks."

ROH is just a nothing promotion and the belts have minus prestige. Being there is a demotion. I googled the belts and apparently Athena has been the women's champion for a year straight (well, 348 days). Being a champ for a year should be a big deal, nobody cares.

Ronda Rousey had a surprise debut/appearance last week and the internet collectively shrugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

ROH is to AEW what Sunday night heat was to WWE

What's with the random decision to put Ruby with Cool Hand? Though seems it's more likely to result in Daddy Magic getting with Saraya.

Isn't Tony saying about how it'll be the first time since the 80s that 3 promotions worked together to crown a triple crown champion in the US, the equivalent of WWE working with TNA and saying the NXT championship, WWE World Championship and Impact championship are from 3 different promotions?

And I'm sure I've seen guys with loads of titles before, though they may have been Japan and Mexican titles.

Did the Devil sound like the laugh was a disguised voice of a woman?

Looks like Ospreay got an amazing life changing contract from AEW.

Minimum $1m a year deal that allows him and his family to live in the UK and he can work dates for NJPW

The multi year is longer than 3 years.

Great to see two wrestling companies now that can pay talent great money for what they put their bodies through for our entertainment.

So Rampage is on tonight instead of last night, before Collision.

• Advertisement

Mean to say, it was a very heelish move by Edge to Conshairto a teenager in front of his crying mother.

So how many crates of Wooooo! Energy drink has everyone ordered?

Didn't expect Dante back so soon. 8 months ago it happened and looked really bad.

Advertisement