Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black friday - do airlines do sales?

• 09-11-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Have flights to book but might wait a couple of weeks, I think I saw BF sales from Ryanair and AL previusly but I can't be sure.

And yes i know, usual caveat, need to be careful if actually cheaper than previous.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,284 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I've certainly seen transatlantic deals and some European flight discounts, a lot of the time the dates offered were off peak and wouldn't suit most. If it's a specific date you have in mind within the next 3 months that you must travel I'd be inclined to book at the best deal you see now rather than risk the BF pricing offered at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yes. I have bought the next Summers family holiday flights on the Ryanair black Friday sale a number of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

RyanAir Cyber week starts next monday, no further details about flights or dates hoping to get some summer flights on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

JetBlue do Black Friday deals, not clear if transatlantic is included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What about Emirates or Qatar?

I've seen a few flights I'm interested in, but not sure if I jump now, or wait to see if they take something off.

Do they ever issue promo codes etc?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Doubt you'll get peak school holiday discounts with Ryanair if that's what you are looking for.

Long haul carriers have their own promos all year round, they don't tend to do black Friday etc.

Don't normally see codes as such as discounting is in particular flights/sectors they are trying to fill. So not a blanket discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Qatar are doing a Black Friday thing at the moment, but the flight I was looking at has actually gone UP in price, then they take 5% off and the cheapest flight in that month is still more expensive than it was 5 days ago.

• Advertisement

Suprisingly the Ryanair cyber sale is quite good on some routes with flights I booked a few months ago now 50% cheaper :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aer Lingus doing it - €100 off transatlantic return, up to 25% off UK/Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I've been monitoring prices on EI to the US. Prices jumped last week then came back down (supposed E100 discount ). This was on 5 different routes on various dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

That's how most companies operate. Inflate the prices before black Friday and then discount them do you think your getting a bargain.

Advertisement