Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Apparently ricochet suffered a concussion which led to the finish...

Agreed on Zoey stark,never saw much in her in next either ,she's decent roster material but no more credible to even dent Ripley's title reign

Remains to be seen whether punk does come back and how they factor it in...do the faces win and Rollins leaves last leading to a pink staredown to finish the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I enjoyed Becky owning Nia in the verbal smack talk off

Miz had the crowd in the palm of his hands, he can work the mic, I was sceptical of him as a face as he seems a natural heel but he can carry it

I feel for Gable as I think he should take the title from Gunther

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was with the picture they used for Zoey at the end of the Battle Royal? Looked like one from early NXT days or something.

Ivy getting a decent show in that match. And Chelsea is great as always. She did seem to lose her footing while Raquel was holding her.

Was wondering how the Creed/DIY match would end as didn't think it would be a clean finish if wanting to make both teams look strong.

Calling it now: Tozawa to dethrone Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Raw is really enjoyable right now. Skipped it the last week or two cause I was busy but still great.

The IC match ending was a bit dodgy but clearly the ref was worried about making the wrong call and it appears Ricochet was knocked loopy, so hard to get too mad. I would assume it was going to lead to Ivar/Miz next week with Miz winning the shot anyway and tbf I think calling an Ivar beatdown on the fly was a good call and they made the best of a bad situation.

I loved DIY in NXT but they feel a bit off so far (think this is my first time watching them on main though). Definitely works on establishing the Creed Bros though. They really have done an excellent job highlighting the women's division lately and while I agree that Zoey isn't an obvious choice, I'm sort of okay with it just to see what she can do and maybe this match will help build her up. Realistically there aren't many threats to Rhea at this stage and they clearly are protecting Becky to face Rhea (presumably at Mania).

Wargames looks great already. Has been a long time since there's been this many over babyfaces in WWE and them taking on Judgement Day could be excellent. Maybe a returning Orton and turned Drew to fill out the numbers but who knows. Pearce is unreal too, he nails every ball they hand him, even though Regal shouting Wargames will never be topped.

For those saying about needing 5 on each team for the match, they only had 4 on each team in NXT. But Drew being inserted somewhere makes sense. Either joins team Seth and turns or just joins TJD.

Now who will be the women's match? How high can Kairi go with her elbow?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing Drew to cost Jey and Cody tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Presumably it's because Vinnie Mac can no longer just strut in and decide someone's gimmick is now evil rotisserie chicken chef but the shows have a real clarity of intent at the moment that's very much appreciated.

Look, multiple wrestlers giving a damn about every championship!

Would appear the tease of priest getting the boot from JD has begun again

Can't see drew staying with them but wouldn't be against him starting a faction with gallus

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew could be a great heel if it's booked right

Wonder does this indicate he's resigned

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wonder if they eventually go down an Evolution-type rabbit hole with Judgement Day. Drew wins title from Seth, Priest cashes in down the line on Drew. It's different enough to work.

Drew badly needed the turn though, and he does actually fit with Judgment Day reasonably well.

• Advertisement

So is Drew a fifth member for WarGames? Who joins Cody's team? Orton? Bring someone in?

What was with some of the weird way of saying name in the intros? I noticed it when she introduced Chelsea and then when introducing Ludwig and when he won.

Probably Orton I'd imagine. Glutton for punishment coming back to a War Games match🤣

Lot of set-up for Wargames and really liked it.

JD being a part of Judgement Day makes sense and the Drew turn was needed and pretty great even if a bit predictable. Definitely think it's Orton coming back. Think the expansion of Judgement Day is going to mean a split in the not too distant future or at least some people being kicked out.

She always does that. Personally I like it, think it suits the performer's she's announcing and gives her announcing some character and helps sell the wrestler's personas. It's mostly noticeable for Chelsea and Imperium, can't remember does anyone else get a bit more oomph.

Now that he's an official member, how long until he or someone mentions JD McDonagh stands for Judgement Day McDonagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I can’t stand it. It’s child’s play stuff and is cringe.

I personally enjoy it and think Samantha Irvine has done a great job and is one of the better announcers in recent memory tbh but to each their own.

Is Orton back tonight or LA Knight showing up for Team Raw from Smackdown?

Knight seems the obvious direction after Cody helping him. Also would be a kind of swap with Becky.

If it's not Orton there's going to be alot if unhappy folk...perhaps he's going to be on smack down going forward

Nia pinning Raquel ...no words

Nattie getting a tag title yet we all kno the team won't coexist and one will turn on the other ...at least try and put some respect on the tag titles and make proper teams

Post edited by Cotts72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is Cody or Sami getting the RKO ?

• Advertisement

I know he won't win but damn Miz has me invested in his IC match with Gunther, he really has the crowd behind him, I was never a big Miz fan but give him his flowers coming from reality TV, he has proved his worth time and time again, a future hall of famer who always delivers no matter the storyline or feud

My Miz appreciation post

Miz is excellent because he can absolutely fill into any role or any position on the card and doesn't look out of place.

The promo between Miz and Gunther was excellent. Gunther is so damn believable in his delivery, that match could slap and considering Gunther's recent thing of tearing into 'entertainers' who aren't wrestlers, Miz embodies that.

War Games looks class and ORton is gonna get some pop.

Decent Raw, was a good build and think heel McIntyre is money for sure. They really are highlighting the women so much this day, the division looks important as a result. If we got a bit more Rhea defending the title it would be perfect.

Now she's lost to Becky, hope they don't forget about Xia again. She wasn't really around for ages outside the occasional Main Event match and now she's on every week, knocking ones out and getting a title shot on NXT.

So what was Adam and Nick discussing if we don't have Raw vs Smackdown?

Shinsuke's sounding a lot like Aleister Black. Just waiting for him to talk about waiting for someone to knock on his door.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

So surreal seeing Punk advertised for Raw tonight

• Advertisement

Whose opening Raw, has to be Punk surely, but happy Orton is back too but Punk's return is just huge

Advertisement