Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Woke Society? **Mod Warning In Post #435**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,324 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you cant think, if I "cant" be a billionaire Im not playing the game, thats just a cop out.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Your posts are incredibly confusing. The lack of capitalisation means I have to read them twice to try to find the point. Sometimes that’s not enough. I’m not a stupid man, neither am I genius so the problem can also be on my side. I genuinely haven’t a clue what you are on about

“all one knows is the system tends to throw up the more intelligent and innovative into positions of power and influence” is one part I do understand. You state this as fact, but then we see leaders like Pol Pot taking power so it clearly isn’t true

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

We are talking about such such large general topics Tweet style, every term would need a paragraph minimum. My original quoting your post was picking up from you that there is some fundamental problem (for women?) that society tends to be more often than not run by men? bringing up Pol Pot doesnt seem useful

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭Shoog

I don't live a fantasy life. The American dream is a nightmare.

i was replying to the idea that “the system” will inherently right itself. It won’t.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Every system needs to have good self correcting mechanisms, but on an individual level it cant be overly micromanaged ,a system rewarding hard work and innovation is going to be better than one that only sees individuals as part of some group

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We don't have that. We have one that rewards inherited, unearned wealth and privilege.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

All individuals are part of a group. So a system who works for the betterment of society as a whole will, on average, be more beneficial.

What you’re espousing is basic capitalism which fails because unequal starts in life are never balanced out.

they/them/theirs

Exactly, and this idea of only hard work breeding success is nonsense to keep people down.

they/them/theirs

Jeff Bezoa parents lent him money to start Amazon. Elon Musk’s da owned an emerald mine. Bill Gates mother was on a the board of IBM(I think)

Hard work definitely help, but rich parents help more.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And that's really working out for the most individualistic country in the western world, the good old USA.

Pretending somebody from Ballymun or poor areas of Chicago has the same chances in life as somebody from Foxrock or rich areas of LA is just simplistic, reductive nonsense. It doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

Saying to a parent from Southill, Limerick that they have the same chances in life as a parent in Blackrock is laughable. That parent has to work twice as hard keeping their children on the straight and narrow, as a parent from Blackrock getting their child through school and third level. The 2 just aren't comparable.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Post edited by Kermit.de.frog on

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭89897

Trans day of remembrance has been a thing for over 20 years. What exactly is your question?

What’s your beef with it? The rate of suicide among the teams community is incredibly high.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Participants were asked two questions related to their reasons for detransition and were allowed to select four reasons:

A: What top reasons would you say you originally detransitioned for?

B: What top reasons now would you say you detransitioned, and decided against staying transgender?

Female:

Realized gender dysphoria was related to other issues - 42 / 54

Concerns Regarding Health - 51 / 56

Transition did not help gender dysphoria - 34 / 29

Found alternatives to deal with gender dysphoria - 20 / 31

Unhappy with social changes - 24 / 18

Unhappy with the physical changes - 33 / 36

Co-Morbid mental health issues related to GD resolved - 15 / 19

Lack of support from physical environment - 3 / 1

financial concerns - 3 / 2

discrimination / transphobia - 2 / 2

change in political views / belief - 27 / 48

gender dysphoria just went away - 16 / 21

Male:

Realized gender dysphoria was related to other issues - 18 / 23

Concerns Regarding Health - 14 / 12

Transition did not help gender dysphoria - 13 / 13

Found alternatives to deal with gender dysphoria - 10 / 10

Unhappy with social changes - 7 / 5

Unhappy with the physical changes - 6 / 4

Co-Morbid mental health issues related to GD resolved - 10 / 9

Lack of support from physical environment - 0 / 1

financial concerns - 1 / 1

discrimination / transphobia - 1 / 1

change in political views / belief - 10 / 11

gender dysphoria just went away - 4 / 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Interesting responses. But can you explain how this relates to us being in a woke society? People were having sex changes decades before the word woke was created.

Ok. Nice wall of text. Conclusions?

Also: source?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Any reason you keep quoting studies but not including them? Guessing the below study is the one you're referring to, biggest thing they note is that external factors such as stigma tended to be the major reason. Also regret rarely factored in. On top of that, it's simply incredibly rare.

"It is important to highlight that detransition is not synonymous with regret. Although we found that a history of detransition was prevalent in our sample, this does not indicate that regret was prevalent. All existing data suggest that regret following gender affirmation is rare. For example, in a large cohort study of TGD people who underwent medical and surgical gender affirmation, rates of surgical regret among those who underwent gonadectomy were 0.6% for transgender women and 0.3% for transgender men.26 Many of those identified as having “surgical regret” noted that they did not regret the physical effects of the surgery itself but rather the stigma they faced from their families and communities as a result of their surgical affirmation.26 Such findings mirror the qualitative responses in this study of TGD people who detransitioned due to family and community rejection."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8213007/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

There's noting woke about those responses. A woke thought process will usually be in black and white with no room for grey. Hence the transition us or we suicide comments. Thats an extremist argument.

Correct. People have and always will want to change sex. Nothing woke about that either. Its become a hot button issue because the emergence of gender theory is getting kids hooked on a dangerous ideology that is leading them to make life altering decisions. Many kids because of this ideology are being prepped in their teens to be ready for surgery once they hit 18. The blockers they take stunt mental growth and well as physical. So they are walking into life changing surgery wittout a natural mental development. That is why there are so many cases of transition and post op suicides

Id hazard a guess you've never seen images of bottom surgery , or bottom surgery complications? Or read about the medical assistance and pharmaceuticals they have to take for the rest of their lives.

Does it sound safe to have bacteria producing gaping wound, that transwomen have to insert dilators into daily to prevent it from closing up. Any man sleeping with a post-op transwoman, is having intercourse with an infected possibly bloody and necrotic hatchet wound. What purpose do either of these procedures serve? This was merely a solution quacks came up with back in the 50's, and it's "solution" that is in desperate need of reevaluation. There are limits to what science can achieve, and creating vaginas and penises is one of those limitations. That needs to be stressed to transgender patients, and they need to come to terms with the fact that their condition, is incurable. Do everything to make them comfortable.... except for that. Because studies have shown, most regret it, it causes them health problems for the rest of their lives, they're incapable of feeling real sexual arousal, and post-op suicide rates are off the charts. Any other procedures with side effects and results like that, would be banned immediately. But they call it the gender affirmation model which is totally wrong and thats a conclusion also made by progressive Scandinavian countries. But if you live in California , the state can take your kids away if you don't "affirm" their want to change sex. The medical field is so captured by far left critical theory that they allow kids to self medicate. Press play if you want to learn more

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

he emergence of gender theory is getting kids hooked on a dangerous ideology that is leading them to make life altering decisions. Many kids because of this ideology are being prepped in their teens to be ready for surgery once they hit 18. The blockers they take stunt mental growth and well as physical. So they are walking into life changing surgery wittout a natural mental development. That is why there are so many cases of transition and post op suicides.

That's four very very dubious sentences you've tried to pass of as fact right there, and the conclusion you draw is not just wrong, it's downright dangerously wrong

The rest of your post is not something I would take your word for, to be honest, but again: you appear to be passing off discontentment with transitioning as something far more comment that it is.

Can you answer one simple question for me? Exactly what percentage of tanasitioning adults go on to regret their decision?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Wtf.

The only flag flying should be the tricolour.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Here is a calendar list of each "international day of".

Should we fly flags for them all ?

The 30th of June is international asteroid day for example or 19 nov is "international toilet day"

Fly the colours of your country and leave every other nonsense off the flag pole

Did you think I wouldn't notice you not answering the question? Will, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Wild, you keep saying studies have shown something and whenever you tend to actually cite any, it tends to be a misrepresentation. So go on, care to point to the studies saying most regret it?

Post edited by eightieschewbaccy on

He won't because he knows it's around 1%. It's not important to be factual when expressing outrage, the outrage is the main act.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think they've just made up a load of gack and just dumped it here. Similar story to the videos. Just dumps with no effort at all. They're trying to push an agenda, not engage in constructive discussion.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

You write that the woke thought process is black and white with no room for grey but you yourself seem to be totally against transitioning unless I'm reading it wrong? I would agree regarding teens going through the process but if medical professions are for some adults doing it I'm not against it totally

In Ireland no one transitions till they are adults, but to deny treatment to teens just because of their age is unethical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

May I ask, what is the treatment denied to teens?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement