Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭brickster69

South Africa's parliament votes to close Israels embassy.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

The same south Africa who are planning to withdraw from the United Nations refugee conventions so it can restrict immigration.

Are these the guys that make sensible decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

“When I was first asked to work there [at Shifa], I was told there was a part of the hospital I was not to go near, and if I did, I’d be in danger of being shot,” 

Not would be shot.

He was there for 3 months, 3 years ago and is an unnamed source.

Were Hamas in the hospital? Possibly, I wouldn't doubt it. Is this a smoking gun of a command centre? Not even close but that's what the article is trying to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This man was an advisor on middle east policy in the Obama Administration.

One thing we're seeing throughout this conflict is that the US can no longer control the narrative about conflicts in the way that it did in the past to a large degree.

Incredible to see them say it, and despite watching the destruction and death they are inflicting on Palestine that there are still people on here encouraging them to continue and saying that this is not a genocide.

Posting the image again because it deserves to be not hidden in a quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

The world is a clown show at the moment though 🤡, and that statement you post is a great example.

Russia and Iran, tag teaming to rain as many kamikaze drones as possible down on Ukrainian civilians + dial up the terror, now playing the Global Humanitarians and crying about plight of Gaza.

You would laugh if it was not so depressing (and scary too, come to think of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

Unbelievably cynical yet expected stance from the Russians. Western nations really just handed this to them when in reality they should have been pushing for moderation from the get go at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Sorry, really should not have diverted you off track there.

When you are posting about current issue/subject of thread you can make at least some sense, when you post about Russia's invasion of Ukraine you make no sense at all (or the selective outrage shows through).

As has been discussed before, UN figures are quite incomplete as regards civilian deaths in Ukraine and they caveat that themselves.

Then there are all the military deaths/casualties of the UAF soldiers (they would be alive and well if Russia had not invaded) but they don't count perhaps.

Then there's the fact that Ukraine has been given quite a lot of the best Western air defence systems in the past year...how many civilians would be dead or have had to flee from Ukraine's cities thanks to Peace drones and Love missiles from Global Humanitarians [Iran and Russia signing that statement], if those had not been provided. I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

According to Israeli military law, Palestinians are forbidden to collect rainwater.

“Thus, the Palestinians are unable to dig wells or extract water by any means without an incredibly hard to obtain Israeli permission. Israel also controls and collects rainwater, so even this solution is denied to the Occupied Territories. Palestinian water tanks meant to collect rain are destroyed by the military forces. This leads to the Palestinians having to stock up on water through any means possible, in plastic bottles and barrels. They also dig private wells and informal small-scale desalination plants, but since they are unregulated, the safety of the water is largely questionable10. The EWASH and Al Haq report states in article B(1)§21 that Israeli soldiers and settlers “routinely shoot holes in and consequently destroy water tanks on Palestinian homes”. While the illegal Israeli settlements have created an efficient water circuit and enjoy full time running water, neighbouring Palestinian communities are deprived of this essential right”.

https://www.growthinktank.org/en/water-as-a-political-tool-a-palestinian-case-study/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

They are doing a very "good job" at targeting civilians in Ukraine.

But thank you for your consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was watching The Tonight Show last night, the Hamas/Israel war was being discussed for over half an hour and not even one mention of the video evidence shown by the Israelies.

The Palestinian guy who came back to Ireland a few days ago was on the panel so Brock must have been afraid to ask him about it.

The shinners wheeled out O Reilly so no fear she was ever going to accept the video was legit no matter what she was shown as proof the hospital was used by Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The 'most moral army' at work. Shows the true nature of the Apartheid Israeli state occupation.

For fairness and balance, could you provide some quotes from the leadership of Hamas on their views on Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If you watch this video about the ongoing conflict in the West Bank, from about 5:05 onwards you see some Zionists (and some footage of solders in classrooms inside Gaza) talking about their wish for having Israeli settlements in Gaza

I don't know how there are people on here who support these land thieves and ethic cleansers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Near US embassy. Stuff has really escalated in Iraq last couple of weeks, direct consequence of the Israeli leveling of Gaza.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Shocking!

Just saw this on X. He was working on Israel and Palestinian affairs. No wonder the US hasn’t helped find a path to peace in the conflict. They are not an honest broker.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

SafeSurfer threadbanned

There isn't much said about the leadership of Hamas. All we hear about is the Israeli military and the Hamas ran Palestinian ministry of health.

Think I read somewhere that the Hamas leaders live in Qatar or Saudi. Billionaires

"Hamas leader Khaled Mashal is a table tennis enthusiast. The billionaire lives a life of luxury in Qatar, and also in Turkey, according to reports. Mashal is one of the $11 billion squad whose lifestyle has been much different from that of the people Hamas rules"

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

The Times of Israel

Daily Briefing podcast

For today has an interesting take on why Israel are so poor at PR. Apologies that I can’t post the link.

Essentially the audience they wish to reach is Hamas and Hezbollah not the West as they are at war. What would have stopped them invading Gaza on 6th October will not stop them on 8th. Got to talk and act tough in the ME.

Post edited by Hey boy on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭suvigirl

If it is proven by war crimes investigators that they have committed war crimes, then absolutely. Until that happens you're just deciding that yourself.

Hamas however, do use their own people as human shields, and it is well documented

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Just imagine building an uncrossable barrier around greater Dublin, cutting off all water, electricity, food & fuel supplies for over a month, whilst raining down bombs on refugee camps - refugees who you like to champion. Invading with tanks and a large army after laying siege. Your 'human shield' argument is pathetic. How can these people avoid being human shields? Move or get bombed says the IDF, and whence having destroyed these places, demand people move again or be destroyed. Netanyahu & his cronies will be up for war crimes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭batman75

Any ceasefire will most likely be just to facilitate the release of prisoners/hostages on both sides. It looks like Israel wishes to completely clear Gaza of Palestinians. This has eerie parallels with the Nazi's ethnic cleansing of Jews. They would then look to settle Gaza as part of a desire for a wider Israel.

Netanyahu has played into Hamas's hand by his response to the October 7th attack. You could argue the attack on October 7th left Netanyahu a dead man walking politically and he is doing everything he can to stay in power. As G H Bush demonstrated in 1991 the US can temper Israeli responses to a terrorist attack. He ordered Israel not to respond to the scud missile attacks from Iraq. Biden has blood on his hands. That will ultimately be his legacy as a President.

Launching rockets indiscriminately into civilian populations is a war crime .

Dropping bombs on strategic military targets is not.

Look it up guys

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I listened to an extract of this interview and it sounds like BS (aka Israeli propaganda). The idea that it was common knowledge that Hamas were operating out of Al Shifa hospital and even had their own section of the building has been strongly refuted by dozens of international medics and NGOs who have worked there for years. I don't know who this pro-Israeli and anti-Gazan "doctor" is, but I'd suggest he is either a fake or is telling lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭suvigirl

it's not up to the people to avoid being human shields, it's up to their leaders Hamas, to not use them as such. Hamas are committing was crimes, I certainly wouldn't blame ordinary Palestinians for being sacrificed by their leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some very dubious historical references and rewriting of history there.

The Nazis didnt just move the Jews to a different area did they? They moved them to death camps.

Were Jews launching rocket attacks against Germans?

This is the sort of lazy Nazi comparison that borders on anti semitism and demonstrates Godwins Law.

Was that the only example you could think of to compare Israel to or was it chosen because to cause maximum insult to Israel and Jews?

How about the Germans displaced back to Germany at end of WW2? No?

And the reason why Israel didnt respond to Iraqs provocations wasnt just because the US told them not to was it? Well?

It was because the US hit Iraqi military, across the board and with special focus on rocket launch sites. Targets in citieswere also hit during the campaign. Was that blood on their hands then?

So are you advocating that the US should directly attack Hamas targets instead? Is that what you think Bush would have done? Would that not mean blood on US hands?

Your version of events makes no sense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Again, he advised Obama on Middle Eastern affairs.

Obama should come out and denounce this cretin. (Biden of course was PM at that time)

But it gives a very clear indication as to why US policy is as it is.

This is what I'm talking g about the internet and social media including the narrative. 20 years ago, this was as bigoted as he is now, and was likely harassing street vendors after 9/11. But he would have got away with it.

Now, he's famous.

Another video.

Imagine this poor guy going to work and seeing this c*nt walking up to him day after day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He's probably at the extreme end of the scale, but there's no doubt that there are a fair few hardcore radicalised Zionists out there who love violence and the IDF and who are as racist as you can imagine (it probably doesn't help that the US has been traditionally very reluctant to criticise Israel in any way....perhaps fuelling this type of fanatic).

Advertisement