Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The 'most moral army' at work. Shows the true nature of the Apartheid Israeli state occupation.

For fairness and balance, could you provide some quotes from the leadership of Hamas on their views on Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If you watch this video about the ongoing conflict in the West Bank, from about 5:05 onwards you see some Zionists (and some footage of solders in classrooms inside Gaza) talking about their wish for having Israeli settlements in Gaza

I don't know how there are people on here who support these land thieves and ethic cleansers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Near US embassy. Stuff has really escalated in Iraq last couple of weeks, direct consequence of the Israeli leveling of Gaza.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Shocking!

Just saw this on X. He was working on Israel and Palestinian affairs. No wonder the US hasn’t helped find a path to peace in the conflict. They are not an honest broker.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

SafeSurfer threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

There isn't much said about the leadership of Hamas. All we hear about is the Israeli military and the Hamas ran Palestinian ministry of health.

Think I read somewhere that the Hamas leaders live in Qatar or Saudi. Billionaires

"Hamas leader Khaled Mashal is a table tennis enthusiast. The billionaire lives a life of luxury in Qatar, and also in Turkey, according to reports. Mashal is one of the $11 billion squad whose lifestyle has been much different from that of the people Hamas rules"

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

The Times of Israel

Daily Briefing podcast

For today has an interesting take on why Israel are so poor at PR. Apologies that I can’t post the link.

Essentially the audience they wish to reach is Hamas and Hezbollah not the West as they are at war. What would have stopped them invading Gaza on 6th October will not stop them on 8th. Got to talk and act tough in the ME.

Post edited by Hey boy on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭suvigirl

If it is proven by war crimes investigators that they have committed war crimes, then absolutely. Until that happens you're just deciding that yourself.

Hamas however, do use their own people as human shields, and it is well documented

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Just imagine building an uncrossable barrier around greater Dublin, cutting off all water, electricity, food & fuel supplies for over a month, whilst raining down bombs on refugee camps - refugees who you like to champion. Invading with tanks and a large army after laying siege. Your 'human shield' argument is pathetic. How can these people avoid being human shields? Move or get bombed says the IDF, and whence having destroyed these places, demand people move again or be destroyed. Netanyahu & his cronies will be up for war crimes yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Any ceasefire will most likely be just to facilitate the release of prisoners/hostages on both sides. It looks like Israel wishes to completely clear Gaza of Palestinians. This has eerie parallels with the Nazi's ethnic cleansing of Jews. They would then look to settle Gaza as part of a desire for a wider Israel.

Netanyahu has played into Hamas's hand by his response to the October 7th attack. You could argue the attack on October 7th left Netanyahu a dead man walking politically and he is doing everything he can to stay in power. As G H Bush demonstrated in 1991 the US can temper Israeli responses to a terrorist attack. He ordered Israel not to respond to the scud missile attacks from Iraq. Biden has blood on his hands. That will ultimately be his legacy as a President.

Launching rockets indiscriminately into civilian populations is a war crime .

Dropping bombs on strategic military targets is not.

Look it up guys

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I listened to an extract of this interview and it sounds like BS (aka Israeli propaganda). The idea that it was common knowledge that Hamas were operating out of Al Shifa hospital and even had their own section of the building has been strongly refuted by dozens of international medics and NGOs who have worked there for years. I don't know who this pro-Israeli and anti-Gazan "doctor" is, but I'd suggest he is either a fake or is telling lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭suvigirl

it's not up to the people to avoid being human shields, it's up to their leaders Hamas, to not use them as such. Hamas are committing was crimes, I certainly wouldn't blame ordinary Palestinians for being sacrificed by their leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Some very dubious historical references and rewriting of history there.

The Nazis didnt just move the Jews to a different area did they? They moved them to death camps.

Were Jews launching rocket attacks against Germans?

This is the sort of lazy Nazi comparison that borders on anti semitism and demonstrates Godwins Law.

Was that the only example you could think of to compare Israel to or was it chosen because to cause maximum insult to Israel and Jews?

How about the Germans displaced back to Germany at end of WW2? No?

And the reason why Israel didnt respond to Iraqs provocations wasnt just because the US told them not to was it? Well?

It was because the US hit Iraqi military, across the board and with special focus on rocket launch sites. Targets in citieswere also hit during the campaign. Was that blood on their hands then?

So are you advocating that the US should directly attack Hamas targets instead? Is that what you think Bush would have done? Would that not mean blood on US hands?

Your version of events makes no sense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Again, he advised Obama on Middle Eastern affairs.

Obama should come out and denounce this cretin. (Biden of course was PM at that time)

But it gives a very clear indication as to why US policy is as it is.

This is what I'm talking g about the internet and social media including the narrative. 20 years ago, this was as bigoted as he is now, and was likely harassing street vendors after 9/11. But he would have got away with it.

Now, he's famous.

Another video.

Imagine this poor guy going to work and seeing this c*nt walking up to him day after day.

He's probably at the extreme end of the scale, but there's no doubt that there are a fair few hardcore radicalised Zionists out there who love violence and the IDF and who are as racist as you can imagine (it probably doesn't help that the US has been traditionally very reluctant to criticise Israel in any way....perhaps fuelling this type of fanatic).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭omerin

Just watched on Al Jazera, 2 people pick up body parts of 3 Lebanese journalists, blown up by an Israeli drone on the border. The camera was on a stand, untouched. All were said to be wearing press markings and had their car nearby, also flagged as press. We all know the superb video quality of military grade drones, so draw your own conclusions.

It's unbelievable what Israel is doing and getting away with.

The US and Europe, the so called civilised world, have no longer a moral authority (if they ever had) to lecture China or Russia.

The one thing that amazes me is, the so called barbarian terrorists, to my knowledge, have not put any of the kidnapped people on camera or never made a request with a deadline to start murdering them. Which leads me to believe the madmen can see their reflection in the Israeli government

• Advertisement

It doesn't help when these hard-core radicalized Zionists are advising the US president on middle eastern affairs.

That's partly why the US is reluctant to criticise Israel, guys like this are setting policy.

Yes, the suspicion would be that these guys would be way too influential in US foreign policy in previous years - the country didn't become strongly pro-Israeli and indifferent to the Palestinians by accident.

I'm sure that a Hamas supporter in Gaza could - equally as legitimately in their eyes - rationalize how the people in the Kibbutzes on the Israeli side of the border fence, were placed there as human shields to take the brunt of any attack and protect their masters in Tel Aviv etc.

That's without even going into the question of asking why military security was so low on the day in question, and why the Israeli government refused to listen to tip offs that something big was coming...............

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Seems to be far too much of this going on publicly to think it's the extreme side of zionism. This is what's being said in public imagine what is being said out of the lime light.

I'm pretty confident this is a prevalent view and fairly normalised in Israeli government supporters tbh. There's actually very little evidence to counter this. No real middle ground voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is amazing how so many fail to understand this distinction no matter how many times it has been explained on here.

Hamas war crimes are clear and obvious, and require immediate and complete condemnation.

Release the hostages unconditionally.

Well if the people doing the indiscriminate rocket/missile/airstrike launches are allowed to be the ones to decide what constitutes a strategic military target, then what's the point?

"Ah yeah, that old lady hobbling up the otherwise empty road on her own that we used for our sniper target practice competition, yeah, strategic military target that one"

Israel has dropped more bombs on Gaza in a month than the US dropped on Afghanistan in a year.

And by their own figures have called only a handful of Hamas people.

So if they're only bombing strategic military targets, and 15k+ have been killed, why are they have then been so sh*t at what they're pretending they're doing?

That makes no sense.

I wrote strategic bombing of military targets.

What you wrote is something else altogether.

Hamas aim at civilians. They launched 5000 rockets on October 7th.

5000 rockets into civilian populations in one day!

Over 1000 terrorists then invaded Israel and intentionally shot,stabbed and burned as many civilians as they could get to.

Men , women and children.

They also took hundreds hostage. From small children to elderly people and including an Irish citizen

• Advertisement

In your blinkered world, you just unquestioningly swallow zionist propaganda:

UN school bombed to bits in Gaza - "there were indecipherable squiggles on the blackboard that could have been Hamas military plans so it was a strategic target".

Israeli tank hit by an RPG in the middle of Gaza city - "Evil Hamas injure 2 Israeli civilian day-trippers minding their own business"

Tell us how you know what Hamas aim at and what Israel aim at? Because we sure don't see any footage of classrooms strewn with bodies on dead kids on the Israeli side of the fence.

Advertisement