Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This is going to be an enormous flop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

$1.1 billion on the first is a hard act to repeat but ... yeeeeah. It's hard not to look at this as a dead blockbuster walking. So many things already working against it.

Unsurprisingly the budget is increased on the sequel, seemingly going from 160 to 200+ - which will also prove a hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Kinda looking forward to more Nicole Kidman especially after her recent role in Lioness.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer

Not doing anything to for me anyway. I won't be paying to see it in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭jj880

Meh. Will wait for it to stream.

Quick half second shot of Amber Heard. Wonder how much screen time she'll get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Looks bugnuts and I love it. Orm.

😆.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks about as dumb as the first film, so I guess we'll see how poisoned the DC brand has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At first glance I thought I saw Groot and Quill from GOTG 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I will go see it. Looking forward to it. Not watching any trailers. When's it due out sometime next year I take it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Mad how much of an impression the lioness TV show made on me, that seeing Nicole Kidman looking all serious and actioney here has me feeling more positive to the film.

Continuing the trend that suggests the world is apathetic about an Aquaman 2, I just saw a new trailer dropped yesterday and nobody here cared lol.

The total absence of Amber Heard in the trailer was quite noteworthy, or else me reading too much into something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's more noteworthy to me is "Aquaman's Last Stand"

They may as well have just renamed the film "Aquaman and the Death of the DCEU"

I do wonder had the first film not made a billion dollars: would this have been Memory Hole'd by Zaslav?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the special effects look shyte

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Badyback

I like DC series, but films are not interesting. Am I the only one who thinks so?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The first film was absolutely woeful - but it was just nuts enough that I actually got a big kick out of it. I hope this one leans into that campy silliness too as it's the only way to make something like this work, but that trailer is a bit worryingly self-serious.

What I remember well was the first film punctuated many (most?) of its heavier dialogue scenes with a sudden unexpected explosion. It was like a latter-day version of the infamous Citizen Kane parrot 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Mamoa is so damn likable though.

in the first film, the scenes with him and his dad in the pub made me laugh so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭santana75

Well this isn't terrible, it's actually far better than a lot of superhero movies released In recent times. The chemistry between Jason mamoa and Patrick Wilson is what saves this from being a disaster Though. They're two very likeable fellas and that goes a long way. The interesting thing is the elephant in the room, which is Amber heard. It's painfully obvious she is kept very much on the outskirts of the movie even though she's aquamans wife and mother of his child. I reckon an early draft of the screen play had her play a far more substantial part, just like she did in the first movie but after the trial where she was exposed as something of a wolf in sheep's clothing, the studio decided to cut her part back to almost nothing. Anyway if you're looking for something to kill a few hours one of those days over Christmas, you could do worse than this.

Ouch: compared with the 100 million made over Xmas weekend for the first film, this one managed a paltry 40 million domestic opening weekend. I'm gonna go ahead and speculate we won't see another billion dollar hit as a cheerio to the DCEU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

i just got back from this. nephew and niece 14&16

they loved it.

i liked it for the reasons mentioned above.

mamoa and wilson are great together.

story was preposterous, massive fun

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I went and seen this today. An OK film. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but Mamoa still can not act and there was some really silly parts in it especially the beginning of it. The last 30 to 40mins were the best. I think watching the first one before the second would be a good idea. I honestly have totally forgotten what happened in the first film. So doing that would help with enjoying g this film more for anyone thinking g of going to see it. That us my advice. It was a fun film do some good laughs in it.

I would give it 6 out if 10.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Him and his Da supping

Guinness out the can.

Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Maybe I should have hung on for the end. Left after an hour. Some absolute sh!te. Looked like nobody wanted to be there.

Good luck to James Gunn. Horse has bolted unfortunately.

Advertisement