Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus. For a second there, I thought Cerys had got the band back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Cracking gig. They were missing a their second guitarist and sound was a little unbalanced for the first three songs, but once they got going they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭VM Varga

Going to Bob Vylan tonight - on the basis of a recommendation here a few months’ ago. Still don’t know much of their stuff- but I’d imagine it’ll be loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Anyone at The Scratch last night? Thinking of going tonight if I can free of work.

Was it any good? Vicar Street is a perfect venue or them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Was there. Great gig, great energy - 2/3 ground floor a mosh pit with multiple crowd surfers. The band were really up for it (first big indoor gig?). James Vincent McMorrow guested with them along with 3 piece string section. Reminded me of the first time I saw the Pogues in the Olympic Ballroom in December 1986 - same sweat, energy & mayhem. The only difference the 50+ me watched from the balcony.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The Scratch were absolutely phenomanal. Crowd were completely up for it. Incredible night altogether. Get stuck in and enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Scratch goes up there with one of the gigs of the year for me. That was amazing. And I wouldn't be that familiar with a lot of their stuff. Must start listening to the new album. Some energy. And lovely ending with a big gang of them on the stage.

Wednesday great in Opium tonight. Hard to beat that American country rock sweet spot, Band of Horses, early Big Thief, great guitar, bit of pedal steel, singing about screen doors and porches and whatever, love that. They're 2 or 3 bands in one, some beautiful, sweet slow stuff but lots of young lads in with all the lyrics headbanging to beat the band. A really likeable bunch too. MJ Lenderman, guitarist with Wednesday, filled in as support and he was great too, must give his solo stuff a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Real shame Tony doesn’t play with them anymore, would help a lot imo

• Advertisement

How good was that? 😋

The support act was the angriest person in Ireland but if he produced the backing tracks, he is also a bit of a genius.

Bob Vylan were pure class as well as being the coolest guys on the northern hemisphere. Met them afterwards. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Had to shift my scratch tickets because my back wasn't up to it. Happy to hear it was incredible, vicar st definitely feels like the perfect venue for them.

EDIT: YAYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Pretty good alright. I would have liked the noisy bits to hit harder but they got there eventually. I got the impression i was watching a band heading for bigger venues. As my track record is atrocious for such things this now condemns them to a swift slide towards obscurity.

You should check out Rose City Band. Their latest album 'Garden Party' is one of my albums of the year. It's also my favourite of their three lp's.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Yeah, totally agree on the bigger venues, could certainly see them blowing up a bit. Cheers for the Rose City band recommendation. You're the second person to recommend them in the last week, there must be something in there for me.

Missed the support act. Bob Vylan were absolutely unreal. Singer is hilarious.

Had never heard of them before a recommendation from a Boardsie. Will go to see them any time they play Dublin after this.

We Live Here has been on my playlist for ages, not sure where I got the recommendation from. Crowd last night was double their last audience so next one will be better still......

@Dreamweapon continues to spread his alternative tentacles. Pretty sure he was the one who threw that recommendation up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Don’t suppose anyone was at Inhaler last night?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thursday, Stockton Globe. Support Irishman Jack Lukeman

Jools Holland and his Blues Orchestra

With Pauline Black and Arthur "Gaps" Hendrickson of The Selecter

And Ruby Turner

And the main man himself

Not a mention of any of the distressing things currently going on in the World. A fantastic and enjoyable "positive vibes" gig

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Friday, Sunderland Empire, and local lad Dave Stewart with his Eurythmics Songbook celebrating 40 years of Sweet Dreams

Helped by his daughter Kaya

And others

Sunday and Cambridge Corn Exchange

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....

Paul Jones

Mike D'Abo

Tom McGuinness

Over 243 years between the three of them. It was the Manfreds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The jazz odyssey stylings of Ms. Norah Jones.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Terrific gig by The Fat Lady Sings last night in Whelans, celebrating 30 years. Hugely enjoyable night.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

I was at it too - real nostalgia trip. Background story to the recording of Arclight was interesting.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

Gone all year without a Suzi in sight, then 2 turn up in 2 days...

Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Saturday night, Ms Quatro

Sunday, Great Grimsby, Suzi Dian, Saving Grace and Robert Plant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Billy Bragg in the NCH.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Back to the 3Arena tomorrow for Queens Of The Stone age. Looking forward too it

Back in the day at Oxegen 2007 could see them in the tent but not hear them on the way back to the bus 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement