If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling/Euro price difference

• 17-11-2023 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you match euro to sterling prices? For example there is a TV I'm interested in for sale for £799 or €999. £799 is around €915.

If not, I'm in the Republic, is there any difference for me to buy in sterling and have it delivered in terms of warranty or anything else?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hope I'm allowed to comment here but I'd say use something like Revolut, with low fees and good exchange rates, and pay in sterling. I'll let the richersounds folks answer the rest.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mervyn Skidmore.

Thanks for the post.

Our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion of the sterling unfortunately but priced to keep us in competition with our competitors in the ROI and the sterling with our UK/NI competitors.

There is no issue in paying in sterling and letting your bank do the conversion if it works out to be cheaper.

Paying in sterling for an ROI delivery does not affect anything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm interested in the 48 inch C series LG oled TVs, is there much of a difference between the 2022 and 2023 versions and is the 2023 worth the approx €300 more?

Also, your site is showing amazing savings here😁. Might need to update it! Thanks.

Hey Mervyn Skidmore.

Now that would be a saving ☺️ I've got it corrected now to the correct amount.

With the current C3 they have a brighter panel over last years C2. The C3 also uses the new Gen 9 processor and also comes with our VIP 6 year guarantee. The 48C2 only comes with the standard 1 year warranty.

In my opinion the extra €300 is worth it for the C3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Would duties have to be paid after that if purchasing from ROI? Or does that mean it's just OK to purchase at the sterling price and let the bank do the conversion.

• Advertisement

Hi Cronos.

There are no customs or taxes to paid on any goods purchased from ourselves regardless of the currency you purchase in :)

If you purchase in sterling your bank will do the conversion at your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Don Tomasino

Hi,

Just want to clarify something about the 48" C2. You say the warranty is 1 year but on the page it says 6 years. Which is it?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-206258-lg-oled48c24la-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat.aspx

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Don Tomasino,

There was an error on the website - the TV comes with a 1 year guarantee, the 6 year is not available on this TV at the current price and the 6 year has been removed from the web.

Please don't hesitate to drop me an email if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.