Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Turns out I had ForeVR Bowl on my other account on my Quest 2 (I think I got a 2nd one for free from the devs when I mentioned I had been locked out of my other account due to the Facebook ban), so I was able to test 2 person multiplayer in the same room.

So much fun playing with another person in the same room, her on Quest 3, me on Quest 2 using mixed reality.

I would take a shot, and then walk around the lane so as not to get my grubby shoes on the wax... it was hilarious that I would feel bad walking on the lane itself.

Then I stood on the sidelines as she took her shot and then we high-fived and the controllers smashed together... great times! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭jj880

Cool! Mixed reality sounds like it will only get better and better!

Saw a guy post this on facebook. He's definitely not getting stung for a new controller from Meta 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Well...not bad going.

DHL picked up package Friday afternoon just gone, arrived in the Czech Republic Monday morning and by Tuesday a new replacement set was shipped out from the Netherlands.

Arrived this afternoon and on initial look it appears to be in good shape. No sign of dead pixels or dust either on the normal dashboard or when looking at stark contrast backgrounds. Just a matter of getting all the stuff downloaded again and hopefully get to try it out over the next few nights to make sure there are no problems. Same manufacturing date as the first it appears, so hopefully not speaking too soon.

Can't fault Meta's support in this case to be fair. Only took a couple emails to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Got a 30% account specific off code that expires on the 17th and Assassin's Creed launches on 16th! Going to use it for that I think.

Meta have been banging out the codes to me the last 6 months.

Didn't even use a 20% off code recently as I have a huge library and barely play the games I have!

Yip its getting a bit ridiculous in my library too. Haven't played:

The Light Brigade

In Death Unchained

Vadar Immortal 2 and 3

Crashland

Cubism

Blade & Sorcery: Nomad

Kingspray Graffiti

Tea For God Full Game (PCVR)

I think when I get games through referral or someone gives me a key Im in no rush. If I buy it myself e.g. RE4 I make sure to get my money's worth 😆

• Advertisement

Enjoyed Kingspray more than I thought I would!

I setup the virtual wall at one side of my living room, and then had my couch at the other side to sit back and admire the work.

Make sure to map your couch into your virtual world and then set your boundary so that it encompasses the couch when you sit back.

Haven't tried it lately so they've prob upped the MR side of things... if I'm in my real room I might feel less like the Gardai are about to pop up and arrest me for spray painting

Kinda unbelievable, but I'm only testing out the Elite strap with battery this weekend. I've literally had no time at all, and any time I've had I've just been using the default strap 🙄

It's extremely comfortable.. I didn't experience the Q2 Elite strap so no idea if it's similar but it makes the whole headset feel really nice and solid now. Very well balanced.

It was a bit nerve-racking fitting it initially as removing the faceplate requires a significant bit of force and it feels like you're gonna break the headset pulling off the faceplate.

I also finally tested out watching movies in Skybox VR. Easily as good as watching on my 55" 1080p TV, crystal clear visuals. No idea how it compares to a 4K TV though, but granted the 1080p comparison is sufficient for this form factor.

Outstanding media device really.

Just tried out the Steam PCVR demo of Vertigo 2. How have I not heard of this game before?!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/843390/Vertigo_2/

This is gona take over from RE4 for me now. Its that good. The weapon handling is excellent.

Looks and plays like a dream on my old GTX 970 with remote desktop so can only imagine how it would look / play like on a better spec PC. Really impressive bright colours and smooth gameplay.

https://www.roadtovr.com/vertigo-2-review-pc-vr-steam/

Reviews say its a full AAA game experience with a long campaign, lots of weapons and variety of enemies.

96% positive reviews on Steam. Free demo available. Full game is 29 euro.

Post edited by jj880 on

What settings do you use with Virtual Desktop?

Do you have ASW enabled?

Heres what I could get out of Remote Desktop.

I did mess about with the streaming settings to get Phasmophobia running well for my son. Using the same settings now for Vertigo 2 demo.

Still a remote desktop newbie. Im assuming that VR Bitrate increases a lot when I start a game. Can I get a display of that while playing? That would good to see.

Dont see ASW anywhere. Maybe Im using SSW instead.

• Advertisement

Just competed Vertigo 2 demo. Cant wait to play the full version.

I usually never pay full price for games but gona get this tonight.

Apparently the development team (Zulubo Productions) consists of only 3 people. Amazing stuff.

Thanks for posting your settings.

SSW was what I meant alright! 😁

The VR bitrate doesn't increase when you play as far as I know its the bitrate of the video stream I believe.

Setting the FPS to 72hz is a good shout too on that old card.

Assassin's Creed Nexus sounds rather good!

sod it, bought it.. reviews sound crazy!

Added a referral link to the other thread if anyone interested in getting 25% off

Well fml, Assassin's Creed is amazing... feels like a Half Life Alyx for Quest.

Just a solid feeling of AAA polish, from the sound design, to the controls, to the graphics. The jumping mechanics are a bit like Stride so there's a bit of a learning curve initially but with practice it should be second nature.

Meant to only play for 30 mins this morning and ended up playing 2 hours, and still looking forward to getting back in tonight.

I love the feeling of the wrist knife and plunging it into someone's neck when jumping down from above (yes I know that sounds psychotic)

BOBOVR have a new M3 mini sports strap available on their store for the Quest 3 for the likes of @mrcheez head shape for a tad under €37.

Edit looks like the diagonal design keeps it away from your ears unlike the elite strap

Oi! I have the normal headshape, you guys are the freaks 🤣

That's why they are called "Elite" headstraps

Haha Elite Strap Master Race!

Good offer live now. Not for all games (e.g. Assassins Creed not included) but still a good offer.

Click into this banner in the mobile app to get the game list. There are some really good games on offer.

Can be used multiple times on games from the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Only game I have played on occluous 2 is space pirates, any other shooter games with a similar format, I can't be running around the room terrifying the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

quick question lads, I was trying the Quest Pro in work today and was hugely impressed with the comfort. If budget isn’t a sticking point, would it be worth getting the Pro, over the Q3?

Nope, Q3 all the way. Better in practically every way.

I gotta admit, it's my favourite toy now, I've never enjoyed VR so much. Everything is seamless now and the whole thing just feels premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Free six month trial of Meta Quest+ available now, even for those who only purchased the 128GB version of Quest 3. Using the app, Menu -> Meta Quest+

Nice! I'm holding off on claiming mine till either Dec or Jan (the offer runs out in Jan) till there are games I'm actually interested in.

Note also, claim it at the end of the month you are interested in and you can maximise the time you get in the 6th month (you get to play all the 6 months games during this time).

i.e. Say December has good stuff, activate it around 28th December, then you get until 28th June, but you also get all the December games during this time (rather than activating it 1st December and then it ends 1st June)

Edit: just spotted it in th thread already.

If you go into the store in the app you can use code BFCM23 to get 40% off select games which are listed when you tap on the thumbnail. You can use the code more than once too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Trying to order a Quest 3 here and I keep getting this message

Enter a valid delivery address. Creating an order with an invalid address may cause problems processing the order.

Does living in the back of beyond render your delivery address invalid?

wow that brings back memories.. had that issue ordering the Oculus Go way back in 2018.

I think you select the "Recommended option" and then contact support to change it after

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ordered a 3 there 512GB. First VR headset. Looking foeward to it. Was there a referral for new sign ups?

• Advertisement

Yeah any first time headset gets a referral. Please post in the referral thread and PM @JACK BE NIMBLE for a referral link. 👍

Advertisement