Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 network and roaming

Options
  • 03-07-2023 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, just wondering has anyone been able to get their 48 sim/phone working while in UK and/or Europe? I have a Huawei P30 lite and have travelled to France and England with it and have had zilch in either. Have followed all their 'how to' videos and webchats to no avail. Have another 2wk holiday in France this August and need to sort this issue before I go so any help much appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

Worked okay for me in Portugal last month on my iPhone. I got the new SIM before travelling, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Yozie

Worked perfectly fine for me with 4G abroad in several EU countries. I think I'm still on the old sim, required a once off config to get it going but all is swell since.

You may want to have a look through here and follow steps:

https://48.ie/help/roaming/using-your-phone-abroad?utm_source=SMSRoaming&utm_medium=SMSRoaming&utm_campaign=FR23

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> Add

Name: 48 Internet

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 272

MNC: 11

Authentication type: PAP

APN type: default,spul,mms

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Restart the phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine has always worked with a bit of fiddling around with roaming profiles etc

But this year I got my parents new sims and they travelled to Turkey and they worked off the bat perfectly.

have you had a new sim recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Landed in the canaries no coverage went to APN, changed name to 48 internet and apn to 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Connected and good to go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There's a couple of 48 sims in our house and we've had no problems roaming in Netherlands in July, and a couple of visits to UK since too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just topped up, I'm on the 7.99 plan. However, my roaming allowance is only showing as 9.51GB i/o 10. Does anyone know why?

I was using Wi-Fi and the data wasn't connected at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Might be the difference between 1 Gig being counted as 1,000,000,000 or 1,073,741,824.

The latter is more correct, but the former has become common.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks for the reply, Esel. I found it odd because irrespective of how you count them, 10GB should be 10GB, which is what the roaming allowance was stated to be (and was, up to the last top-up).

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rhinosaurious

three/48 is trying to cheapen down in any ways they can, this is another trick up the sleeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

True. Also, communication speeds nowadays use 1,000,000,000 for Gigabit.

Storage makers started using 1,000,000,000 for Gigabyte a number of years ago.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement