Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Can this piece of **** be stripped of his citizenship?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I absolutely agree with you. Those scum "protesting" over immigrants causing crimes in our country.

I'm sure not one of them are intelligent enough to get the irony.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Madd002

Note these scumbags don't have to get up for work in the morning. They and or their parents should have all welfare payments stopped. They captured the perpetrator which is nothing to do with what happened tonight, what they've done is just down right opportunistic and ruined other people's & businesses life's. More people be afraid to travel to Dublin resulting in more loss to businesses there.They've no respect for decent people who go to work everyday no matter what their role. Very sad day all in all.

Post edited by Madd002 on

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrsmalooly

I’d be furious. Clearly I wouldn’t want my property damaged or stolen. I don’t live in Dublin, I wouldn’t live there, I won’t even go shopping up there with my daughter anymore. I know what is like. It was bad in the early 2000s. I was mugged. I went to court, listened to the barrister telling the sob stories for the guy who had 200 previous convictions. I repeat, I know what it is like up there. My dad is a Dub & he hates the place. But we have to make a stand….& maybe the skangers are just doing this for the craic or because they hate the guards, I can see how it could be, but regardless we have to show that we will not stand back while our Junior Infants are attacked on the street. That’s it. I’m over & out, haven’t posted on a forum for years & apparently I’ve been trolling according to a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

They already desperately tried to paint the Aisling Murphy murder as "a problem with masculinity"

I'm sure there'll be a similar excuse for this attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Was there any arrests?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

I don't think it's dumb at all.

All I'm seeing is a whole load of people criticise the resultant chaos of a knife rampage for being chaotic.

What's the alternative reaction that these people would like to see? I bet most of them would love nothing more than no reaction. Nothing. Just let the same conditions get worse and worse, and see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil.

Aka, ignorance. These people want ignorance and they love their ignorance so much that the slightest disturbance of it gets them all het up and angsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yeah I think I am "for real" and I am confident enough what has happened today is pretty new

Can you remind me how many times since 1993 in Dublin City centre that children have been stabbed during the afternoon with subsequent riots, Garda cars/buses burned out on O'Connell street, Arnotts being looted etc. etc.??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

This has certainly ruined the Toy Show buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Or want to twist it that way to suit a narrative " disaffected inner city youths rioting over immigration and lack of housing , health services, social welfare benefits " ....oh wait ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Meet_Yur_Maker

In your second message, i have to say i digress-you seemed to take a slightly different direction and connected with the same thoughtline, and lets face it, a person who is a fan of Robert Jordans intellect is, without doubt, a little impressionable upon me. Sorry for the cringe in writing. Trollocks yourself..

Unfortunately, right now, everything is to be made a profit on, speech, supposed free speech, influence, thoughts, shops for looting in Dublin, you name it, some dick is trying to make a name for themselves and gain off it. Your pain? My sorrow? A view of where we are in this world.. I will never get understand this -Kim Kardashions Da, now Ma, watched their daughters sex tape and delivered their ‘favourite’, for better words, just so that the entire family could get famous. This, is the **** we have been ‘lovin’ as a society and this is why we are where we are. Because we never protest, we let it all slide and blame everyone else, but looting for some far off head spin is okay..

I will admit I agree with your point of it being too fast initially, I just had that discussion tonight. Though its still not the ‘other sides’ fault. Its ours, and we hold nobody to account other than the people who have no power over it 🤷🏻‍♂️

And hey, Im sorry but Ireland was totally stab country in the late 80’s and 90’s. Fully disagree with that one. Supermacs opened in ‘Fundalk’ and closed a year later due to so many stabbings. Eyre square was stab square before it got the trees removed and made over with lights with EU funding, Limerick just got the name for being so excessive. True story

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's dirtbags using the stabbing of a teacher and little kids to indulge in the burning of cars, a LUAS, the looting of shops and other crappy behaviour.

Yeah, fuck that.

Like that joke in the simpsons where they introduce apes to control crocodiles to control rats to control spiders or something like that.

Instead of playing a lottery, just don't play at all. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Are you presuming that the 27 posters banned were all "far right"? Look at any thread and you'll see the mods ban posters on the left and the right. The term "far right" is getting thrown around willy nilly and it ignores the real issues.

"Eventually you'll listen". I don't think you're listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's been building for ages.

It just needed a spark.

There's been loads of anti immigrant protests. Even Ryan Casey's victim impact statement, although I agreed with him, was shared by far right groups.

It's all over social media.

Even Danny Healy Rae is talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

'It was pure instinct': Brazilian Deliveroo driver tells of moment he stopped Parnell Street attacker (thejournal.ie)

Fantastic intervention by the gentleman, a true hero. He deserves a great reward.

The framing/language of the article though is kind of strange, like a 'good guy with a gun' we hear of coming from some in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Also, people don't say it as a flippant remark - FF/FG/SF really are only in it for the possibility of a well paid EU job down the line. They don't care about the state of the country, they find their own electorate repulsive, never mind those who don't vote for them.

This is the only thing that will make them listen, every other avenue has been exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Saw a video of a lone Garda being attacked by a mob.

If I was a member of AGS, or Dublin fire brigade I would refuse to go out tonight.

F*ck the lot of them for letting this situation get so far out of hand. This is absolutely out of order and the minister fom justice is directly responsible. She should resign tomorrow.

AGS is paid to keep the peace, not venture into a warzone caused by three decades of lax judicial systems. DFS is the same, getting pelted with stones while trying to keep people out of harms way. I'm absolutely furious at this .

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's opportunistic chaos brought on by a heady concoction of actions.

This isn't a miracle. This isn't a spontaneous creation of matter.

Add in the multiple crises at large in the country, add in the impact on the least able to afford those crises, specifically target those areas to dump migrants, add in a knife rampage...

Oh look, trouble. Who would have ever dreamed it. Who didn't see this problem coming?

Who doesn't see this getting nastier at scale as every single factor that created the current tragedy gets worse?

Anyone lamenting the behaviour of such and such and its impact are just looking to retreat back to their increasingly uncomfortable ignorance. Can't hide there forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Thank you I've participated in and read plenty of threads here over the last 25 years.

The mods almost NEVER ban anyone on the far left.

Yes I agree that the term far right is thrown around "willy nilly"

It's a convenient way of disenfranchisement of anyone who disagrees with the far left multiculturalism zeitgeist.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Absolutely right.

Whether for one reason or another, this entire country needs to basically grind to a halt to force change.

It's going to grind to halt through sheer disfunction eventually, better to voluntarily do it now while there's something left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have only read last page or two but gonna throw my two cent in.

The human piece of excrement who stabbed those children hopefully dies of whatever injuries he sustained today. After every Guard in the city has had half a minute alone with him.

I work less than ten minutes walk from the school and had the misfortune of having to cross the city centre tonight. This wasn’t just a few local scrotes. There were plenty of adults, more than a few country accents and I also came across one guy on his phone who seemed to be directing or giving orders and saying how “We’re the real Irish”.

No personal opinion or agenda in my second paragraph. This is what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If these little fuckers could get away with rioting after a football match, they would. What happened tonight is just a perfect storm for that type. It was an opportunity for them to go into town and cause trouble for entirely their own outlet.

A few hours ago I talked to two kids that live beside us that were terrified trying to get home from town tonight.

There's nothing justifiable about what happened in town earlier. It's a bloody disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Meet_Yur_Maker

So when somebody talks shite its a case of ‘ill keep on repeating myself until you listen’?? and then, because I do that, Im then ‘right..?’ Thats how life works in your brain? fuckin hell

Im not sure what rain youre feeling, But i suggest you may have potentially pissed down your own back. Watch that one

These are the mindless idiots we're discussing.

No wonder they're so easily manipulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Pray for the poor children and well done to the man that saved them.. i condemn the rotten things that has looted the city. But also i will add, you dont have to be racist and anti emigration to be worried/ against the current policy of open borders. It seems a lot easier to enter Ireland as an illegal emigrant than it is to get a package delivered from belfast to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Surely you're joking?

"Every guard in the city" as you describe them would only help him with his free legal aid application, and give him a character reference for being 'trouble free as he tried to make a better life here'

We have perfect examples of two of them on this thread, one serving and another retired, both far more concerned with punishing the rioters than this bzxtard who butchered 5 year-olds. They are the real problem - the useful idiot apologists.

Neither will he die of whatever injuries he sustained today, - the best of free medical treatment will keep him alive and rehab him, in or out of jail.

Finally - you're right that this wasn't just a few local scrotes, and Saturday won't be either.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Advertisement

I saw a few on their phones also giving directions and organising.

I hope the Gardai know who they are.

There was no visible Gardai but maybe there was some undercover observing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement