Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Sorry, when did the BLM marches in Ireland costs trillions in damage? I must have missed that when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Inflection point - poor immigration policy, poor law and order. Not enough guards, no prisons. People hurt, homegrown entitled scrotes masquerading amongst the far right groups - absolute lethal combination.

Helen said these people are going to prison - where!?? There is no capacity - we don't increase our infrastructure in proportion with population increases.

Another part of the problem - Vulture Free Legal Aid solicitors will be licking their lips as the Canada Goose clad scrotes come before the courts.

I'm worried this unrest will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Politician do not parent kids. Stop making excuses for shi*ty parents bringing up little scumbag.

You could put 1 millions people in a room, I have good money on me been able to walk around the pick the parents of 90%+ of those people last night rioting. Same with the people I know.

that has nothing to do with the government

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Minister mceentee must be shortly taking maternity leave again. Till this dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Well, that's just lost Sinn Fein the next election...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

Is that really the best choice of words when attempting to appear sardonic given what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Pretty sure they feel safer there. Dublin city center has gone to the dogs tbh. Its been slowly but surely getting worse over about 5 years now. People keeping their heads in the sand is why it wasnt stopped form just getting worse and worse. And what funny is those same people will still be trying to say that its a great place. Heads still in the sand.

To be brutally hionest. Its a city to be ashamed of at this point. Nothing good about it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

• Registered Users Posts: 31,631 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It seems the psychologists recommendation was that the kids from that school come in today with therapists, so they could work through it so they don't build up a fear of going into school in future. But because of these dickheads rioting, they can't go in today, so these racist thugs are actively impacting the other kids on top of all the other havoc they've wrought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Stop them harassing people.

Strong fines and long conversations for people causing trouble.

The end results was a riot.

Do you think nothing should be done?

I think a big part of the problem is education. The stuff that the far right spout online that people believe is ridiculous. And it gets them all riled up and angry at the wrong targets.

People like that are very easily led. I don't even believe that the people leading them believe the crap they spout but they enjoy the resulting Carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Not sure it was set on fire, but there was footage of a travel lodge /holiday Inn, foyer getting smashed.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Most of those scum don't complete their education and live off the state

Great to have all that free time on a Thursday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

32 before the courts this morning. Probably be told to stay in after 6pm.

The thing here is the Garda could take every single one of those people last night, throw them in a jail, lose the key and it would make society better and not worse. They add absolutely nothing to Ireland and all they are is a drain on the system.

Plus that section is not shrinking but growing. So this is just the start, today immigrants, tomorrow it will be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Some the solution isn't to increase gardai numbers, isn't to increase prison spaces but instead it's to ban people from having children? Given FG can't manage the first two, I'm not too confident they push ahead with implementing a law banning people having children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The far right only got things warmed up last night. But they would have been delighted at how it turned out. It was the local scum who did the damage in the later hours. Most of them would not know their left from their right.

We need a new big prison. We need a justice system that punishes the guilty properly and protects society. The current system where judges are too lenient and then the prison system is too crammed to accommodate those that do get custodial sentences is not working.

There is very little disincentive to crime. And too little incentive to get a job and get off the streets.

“It looks like they hate immigrants. Well I am an immigrant, and I did what I could to try and save that little girl,” - Caio Benicio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

They don't hate immigrants, they hate society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

I am not a fan of SF but last night had nothing to do with them. Chanting free Palestine at their party conference pushed me away from giving them a vote. Anyone but FG right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭furiousox

Carnage on O'Connell st.

I really hope the mob didn't target Easons and steal all the hardback books to read later or sell on the black market.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I comment from the north:

I watched a lot of the disturbances in Dublin on Twitter. A few things struck me based on our own past experiences.

1) The clear enjoyment and buzz of those participating:

we definitely created recreational rioting in the north, in both communities. Young people have the choice of a PlayStation, or the incredible buzz of doing it for real. You need to be very careful in the south that this does not become a habit – mind you, I do not know how you prevent that.

2) the incompetence/inexperience of the guards. I watched on several occasions, guards getting isolated and hand-to-hand fighting. If the anger becomes greater like in the north, at times, then those guards will be losing their lives. There was clearly a holding back by the rioters - ie when they had guards isolated they backed off. This may not always be the case as if things deteriorate. It also appears that at any time rush of rioters could be straight through policelines. There seemed to be a lack of numbers, appropriate equipment, vehicles, experience.

let’s hope this was a one-off and does not develop, but I guess there is major head scratching going on this morning, about how to control something bigger and more vicious

No I said very early on here we need more Garda and I have been saying for years, maybe not on here, we need more jails

But we also need responsible parents. Shut down children allowance which is seen as a salary by some people. see how many of these people want kids when they have pay for them.

The free house with a garden because some young one manages to have a baby should be stopped.

This is what we end up by giving these people everything they want in the hope they become productive members of society. It hasn’t worked so stopped giving them free stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Maybe call for a lockdown and a 5km limit on movements. Scare Byrne could do a show from her safe room. Loads of options.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

You couldn't have a clear & honest debate in this country as you would then be defined as a racist, a queer basher or anti-feminist!

When you see the vast sums of debt being written off for some people & then up & coming groups cannot earn a livable income

or even afford a place to live that's where society starts to break down.

Our brightest prospects are leaving this country in their droves & I was in Australia this year & I was truly amazed at the amount

of Irish people that I met there. Do I blame them for leaving? Of course not! If I was thirty years younger I would be on the first plane out!

I don't buy into this aging population propaganda! This rhetoric is being spouted across all of Europe as a reason to allow even more

migration into the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭rogber

You overestimate people's attention spans. The whole thing will be forgotten in a couple of days it will have zero impact on tourism beyond, say, next week

The abuse those employed deliveroo drivers get day to day would give them a different impression to you I guess.

it’s had very little to do with immigrants, they just used that as an excuse. Scumbags will find any reasons this is just the latest

The intelligence levels are low, just look at the guy who created the account on here but couldn’t even spell foreigner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Has anyone been around the city centre this morning? What’s it like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement