Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

God almighty. You think I'm trying to normalise the events. Stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Substantial jail terms is the only solution here. 5 years and up will send a credible message.

Because there is a severe lack of credibility attached to the Justice Minister and Garda Chief at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Garda can’t because if they did the do gooders in Ireland would go nuts and complain because poor little Jonnie was just out for a walk and was set upon for no reason….then you would have his scumbag parents on RTE telling everyone he is a lovely child and never hurt a fly….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Disagree. I think tourism for next year is gone. Even if its not, It definitely wont be up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

And I think that’s a fear guards have now- I saw another guard surrounded by 4-5 “youths” - he was doing his best to restrain himself and protect himself - I really felt sorry for him but that’s Drew Harris fault- that guard should never have found himself in that position in the first place, alone and taunted by a mob - Harris is accepting no blame on one hand on how the policing was managed last night but is saying we need to review everything another day to see how best to address these events in future - he can’t have it both ways

• Advertisement

Exactly what you are doing saying the Garda should expect this to happen, why should the Garda expect this? How many times has this happened in the last 30 years?

The love parade is the only big one I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭gotaf

The chants and grafitti from them were clearly anti immigration stuff.

"Get them out".

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

What a sh**show. The north inner city and some suburbs have been completely out of control and getting worse for years. It’s been well documented but we’ve had McEntee and others telling us it’s safe.

There’s a lot of social media posts defending the feral youths which is very concerning. I feel the gardaí have to step up and we need to imprison serial offenders and get them off the streets. We also need to get these youths working. There’s definitely a feeling that there’s a sinister element whipping up anti immigrant sentiment and it needs to be addressed immediately. I don’t see why we can’t enforce deportation orders and have a vetting system in place. Hope the stabbing victims make a quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Just saw the Garda commissioner saying that the rioters have been ‘radicalised’. It’s annoying to hear him try to turn this into an ideological problem, when the whole country knows it’s a criminal problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,527 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SF have a contempt for AGS. If you think it’s bad with FF/FG in power, AGS woukd be even more demeaned with SF in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭martco

12 years exclusive uninterrupted Fine Gael control of Dept of Justice and policing policy

the scrotes control our streets now

good job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And one more thing - asking a handful of unarmed guards to deal with that is a resigning matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Police are there to enforce the law and keep the community safe from criminals. That's the duty of the Gardai.

We don't want Gardai who can't do this.

I do think the Gardai are not resourced properly and haven't been years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sorry I’m not speaking for the idiots who went on a rampage last night.

Im talking about what people are annoyed at with regards to illegal immigrants at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Says it all. These guys have been getting attacked left right and centre by our feral youth. (The same folks rioting last night).

They have had to mobilise themselves to protest because of the lack of safety and attacks. Our middle classes need to stand beside them the next time they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

In what jail ? Do you remember the crap about the new jail in north Dublin at Thornton Hall ? It was never built. I had to look it up, scrapped in 2009 due to lack of funds. For €500m at the time.

We might lose a few but maybe we'll get a few extra visits from the likes of Yaxley-Lennon to come meet up with our idiots now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Let's not blame McEntee entirely. She is an inexperienced TD out of her depth. Everything she does or doesn't do is backed by cabinet. The 3 unwise men (Leo, Michael, Eamonn) are too busy trying to secure EU/UN jobs to care about Garda numbers, Prison capacity or the crap Judicial system. The previous FF/FG justice ministers achieved very very little too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Justice minister too though has to be held account.

We've had a number of posters on here saying since that American tourist was attacked in talbot at nothing has changed in terms of daily policing on o Connell st and surrounds - I’ve been into town myself a few times and I’d concur with that - ongoing physical presence is a deterrent to violence - I’ve had enough of being lectured to by Commissioner Harris - it’s bloody obvious that he’s presiding over a **** show, much of which is his doing - but Justice minister is completely out of her depth and needs to just resign - this unprecedented event happened on her watch

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein told us last night it wasn’t anyone from North Inner City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

A bunch of immigrant workers had a protest in City West recently about teenage scum basically terrorising the whole place and asking why this is allowed in Ireland. Ignored. They are stealing motorbikes in broad daylight, with hammers and **** and joyriding them around the city and nobody does anything. Openly dealing drugs, recording themselves attacking people and stealing cars etc. For years they have been attacking deliveroo drivers and one of the little ANGLEZ who was a great footballer got his commupence for this (and that was apparently a tragedy at the time).

All this has been ignored by the idiots in power and you have ended up where parts of Dublin are overrun with scum that can do anything they like and a legal system churning them through hundreds of convictions. Instead of the usual apologising for it, pretending it's not happening and saying it's because they have no faciliteez they are now suddenly all far right because optics. It's funny how you can actually see some posters who would normally defend their right to be scum now frantically calling them all far right as it justifies their simple take on the world. Once they can say something is far right then it's fine to call them out for being dirty scum it seems.

How about finally admitting that you are basically paying scum to act like scum instead of pretending everything is fine.

Ah sorry. I was talking about the experience of a working immigrant in Dublin. Maybe wasn't clear that was a quote from the Brazilian immigrant who intervened yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Irexit anyone? 🤓🙈😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

All yesterdays incident was was an excuse for scum to act like scum. This whole "der attackin ere childerden" schtick is just convenient and serves to lay the blame at the feet of the big bad fordeners. Im not suggesting that there shoudlnt be more controls over our immigration policy or that people arriving without any proof of identification should be welcomed with open arms but the reality is, the majority of headline, violent crimes commited against children have been committed by born and reared Irish people. The Cash and Cawley children in Tallaght last year, the three Morley children in Newcastle, Anna Kriegel, all murdered by "one of our own".

Yesterdays incident, while utterly horrific, is thankfully a pretty isolated incident.

Yep and I've witnessed some awful stuff being said to people on public transport too. All anti immigrant rhetoric at people going about their day.

And we know the people pushing it online and stoking the flames.

Not sure what can be done about such ignorance though.

Maybe we should concentrate on the group of scumbags doing the rioting and the people organising them?

Seems some people are more interested in having little pops at the government who in reality will be gone in 12 months and a new one will make no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

One common denominator causing riots in multiple European cities not only Dublin. But supposedly anyone talking about the common denominator is a far right nazi. So until it is spoken about in a sensible democratic way expect more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

5 year old girl is still in critical condition.

6 year old girl due to have surgery, multiple head wounds.

No update on the "carer" that I have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Well things appear to be working fine.

The Garda have done their jobs, although with little thanks from some areas.

If you are not happy with your politicians then who I wonder is to blame?

Answers on a postcard....................... :-)

Frankly having come from the UK, I got a tad sick of the term "Do gooders" and descriptions of holiday camp prisons perpetuated by people not bothered with facts, just their gut feelings and no real interest in doing even a small amount of research into things they were incensed about.

Personally I am far more afraid of mobs acting out of their sense of justice than a legal system that just happens to have all the information regarding an event.

Trial by internet seems a little lacking somehow, When I see people driving around in cars with "say no to vaccination" emblazoned on them, I would have hoped free speech was best kept for those with the intelligence to know the truth.

Things were so much better when internet communications had a command line interface and needed someone with a basic ability with UNIX and Usenet to broadcast their ramblings :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement