Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

They attacked gardai,smashed up businesses,looted,set fire to public transport and you're describing them as "young boys doing be bad things" and "youngsters going mad".......wonder if you'd be using those sentences if your loved ones were hurt or your business affected by last night's events.

The words Scrotes and Scumbags are the perfect terms to describe anyone, adult or teenager alike who participated in last night's riots.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭rogber

This sort of stuff happens in France every couple of months and doesn't impact tourism industry.

It's just a load of froth that'll subside quickly.

If anything will hurt Dublin tourism it's the outrageous price of everything for what's basically a very average European city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Every big city has an underclass - Dublin is not an outlier in that regard. Last night was recreational rioting by members of that underclass, it was totally opportunistic.

Where we are an outlier is housing a large proportion of that underclass right in the middle of the city. Maybe that is something we should be actively looking to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It wasn't built because many of our citizens are not prepared to pay for such things. A typical example is the approach we took to the introduction of water charges ( a proposal to have people pay for the water we use) every gobshite with access to a hi vis jacket was out marching against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

The real problem is PBP TD's mouthing off and using this to push the 'far roish are among us and must be eradicated crap while ignoring the fact that the city centre is now owned by feral thugs. They (the thugs) have no political leanings, they just used the bad atmosphere to loot and riot, which is their default setting. McEntee failed to deal with the warnings, following serious muggings over the last two years. Result is the thuggery we saw last night. We need TD's to agree to get police on the ground, visible and make the centre safe for citizens. The immigration issue needs to be addressed. Strict controls must be implemented, we need the nurses, doctors, engineers etc, we know this. We don't need the freeloaders, scum kicked out of their own countries, and other adventurists coming here for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭xl500

Anyone with a pair of eyes could see Dublin City was getting very dangerous over the last decade at least

There are people openly stealing cars, motorbike,bikes etc etc with little or no care

I know loads of people who would not walk the North Inner City at any time of day and yet we have our Justice Minister saying the streets are safe while she's surrounded by Gardai on the same streets

I have been on holidays in Europe and their Cities always feel safer but their is a large police presence in these cities our Gardai are seldom seen when you walk around inner city Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 23 wavyhair

I know when I grew up in the 80s you respected your teachers and your friend's parents also in addition to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭rock22

So these "under 12 year olds" vote for SF. presumably you were able to interview them about their political preferences.

No wonder we have these far right agitators in this country with this type of post

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Botrys

hmmm, as ethnic middle eastern

I better keep my paperwork on me at all times then

in case i get jumped or stopped at a checkpoint by these scumbags,

i should have my Irish passport and original critical skills work permit ready to show.

that should make a difference, right ?

give me a break.

those are just racist scum. no paperwork is going to change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Theyoungfella

No but I'm not naive enough to think they won't be out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Diversions in town around o Connell street eden quay, traffic a bit of a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nonsense.

I have been in Paris , Barcelona, Madrid, Milan and often felt unsafe. Large parts of those cities are ropey as f late at night.

To try to claim Dublin is the only scummy city is cr@p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

You forgot about the Crusades.

As I said unless a sensible democratic discussion is undertaken to address people's concerns and issues it's only going to happen again and again.

Needs to be addressed quickly imo when you see what parties are gaining in other countries and even some contemplating closing borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Totally agree - coupled with the very effective results and responses Twitter and book face can illicit in terms of rent a mob which I saw a few examples of yesterday of those who are thick as two planks, are complete wasters for whatever sociological reason you care to choose, and have a personality that’s easily led and made up of peer influenced prejudices and fear mongering.

The sort of people who hang out in conspiracy forums and attack paediatricians in their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Feral and not wanted i agree with. But that would be the Irish scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

100 percent. Lock them up in cold jails half stave them and have them out spitting rocks 14hours a day.any politicians who come out and propose some kind of justice reform would get my vote .build a new prison and get new judges ffs.these scrotes are taking over the streets all over the country.

I'd be pretty confident that Dublin crime levels are lower than most peer cities. The cities where I tend to feel the worst vibes these days are in Britain and the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where were these so called protesters when an Irish teen stabbed a harding working mother of two to death outside the IFSC why weren't they rioting. looting and protesting then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Need to cancel the boxing match and the rugby match tomorrow night, perfect targets for the scumbags and Garda resources that would be diverted to them could be better used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There will be 50000 at the rugby and you could probably police it with a dozen guards, simply because those 50000 aren't scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In France it doesnt happen on the Champs Elysee does it? That prob has something to do with it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

This is what FG do very well unfortunately - there will be a backlash legislation that will likely curb all of our rights in some way, because that’s what FG only know how to do- but nothing actually changes, the problems still exist but peoples privacy and rights are impacted - I don’t want more legislation- I want the courts and justice system to use the perfectly good legislation that’s there - unfortunately they’re not doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

The same garbage was propagated amongst the eejits across the water, look where they are now.

Why use a "probably"? for someone offering advice on a situation, how do you equate "probably" with knowledge of the subject you seem keen on trying to impart?

Have you asked the Guards how they feel?

What exactly are the EU telling you to do that is so objectionable? Have you seen your MEP about this? I found mine very helpful and found that my "EU problem" wasn't an EU problem at all, it was simply my bank playing the blame game and blaming the EU for their shortcomings. It was common in the UK for everyone to blame the EU for all kinds of fiction, but this was the AIB.

I don't think there are too many immigrants in Ireland, I find those that I come into contact with quite a pleasure to deal with. One of the things I find so attractive about the country is its welcome for those from around the world as well as the generosity it has in sharing its citizens with other nations around the planet in turn. It was a sheer pleasure to meet up with Irish people as I travelled the world when working.

Maybe it isn't a popular approach in modern times to look on One's fellow men as equals, but it certainly provides peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Bigger city. Same scenes where witnessed in Paris. Patrons trapped in bars/restaurants etc while rioters clashed woth police and burned cars.

If you want some positivity, Ireland is actually one of the safest places in Europe - certainly when you look at the murder rate.

The relative rarity of truly shocking crime (plus our relative surfeit of media outlets for a small country) means that such crimes tend to get outsized coverage and commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement