Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

2 days ago I got email from public jobs and froze ...here we go the results....but only a bleedin survey request !!! today got email and froze again...and Whoop Whoop I passed. I cannot believe it...I was convinced I'd made an absolute .... of it. I have a pal that says if ya keep knocking on a door it will open..so to anyone on here that has not been successful at any stage of this comp just keep knocking on the door. Congrats to all those that have survived this insane journey to AP land (Im guessing they are saving the best to last ....depending on what Dept you end up in 😀) and best of luck to those who still have the s...fest of presentation and interview ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 amilovarb33

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tmea

Congratulations! I did too, have no idea how it works.

eg if you are say 5 In the open stream does that mean you would be called soon? how big were the batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gargoyle711

Hi Tmea, I also was very relieved to get through this batch, got my results yesterday also. I emailed to clarify my OOM and asked about how quickly panels generally clear. This current panel that they've created from the recent interviews is 3.1, I was told that there are approximately 14 ahead of me to be called for clearance before my position is reached. My OOM is 7. I still don't know how quickly they go through these panels or how frequently positions become available. Still a while to keep my fingers crossed!

Hang in there for those still waiting.

• Advertisement

Right so thats very near. I had thought there would be way more ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 amilovarb33

Wow you’re right. I thought there would be a lot more ahead of us. A bit nervous now on timescales but guess we just gotta ride it out. I’m external so a little worried about when they would ask for employer references etc. Don’t want current employer to be tipped off too early without knowing more about which specific offer (location etc) is on the table.

What kind of timeframe do you think we're looking at? I have no sense of how many openings emerge in the CS on a monthly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Re_Invention

They're currently clearing the Open panel in batch 2.2, I'd guess there are 5 to 10 left on that panel. They'll move onto batch 3, Interdepartmental after that. There have been approximately 240 AP appointments every year for the past four years in the Dublin region. So it works out at 20 per month, or a little under 5 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Congrats Res! Great news - hope you get the placement you want.

I'm an now officially dreading the strategic analysis exercise and presentation!

• Advertisement

Oh well done! What location were you? I’m Dublin

Is that the way it works, they do the clearance including contacting your current employer before they offer you a specific place? Tmea

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Melloh

Is that 7 on open stream or interdepartmental do you mind me asking? Congrats that's a great result

The open stream. Dublin. I’m thrilled alright, it’s been a long road!

So we will 100 per cent definitely be called for a placement around this position right? I came into this process

without knowing too much about it so have no clue

I believe the panel is open until October 2024 so I think it’s fair to assume we will, but nothing is certain right?! I’m the same, this recruitment process is all new to me too.

I think so. I think it’ll be soon enough.

🤞🤞

do you mind me asking on what date you did your interview. I’m in the next batch and got the same OOM in the next batch and am trying to get a sense of how long it will take before they contact me for clearance

Do you mind me asking on what date you were interviewed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Same here! Hoping the topics are received this week in order to have 7 days to submit. I feel like we need a support group going through this 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Huge congrats to those who have recently passed. I cant imagine the relief. Have you any words of wisdom for those of us waiting?

For anyone with interviews coming up I found Brian McIvor on youtube very useful. His webpage is www.brianmcivor.com also. He has a free book Be Interview-Wise which you can order off his website and its a real nugget of tips and steers. Best of luck all.

I went with the topic choice that I had most familiarity and experience with, I’d recommend this as they do ask a good few q’s about the presentation, how you prepared, how you’d implement your proposals, etc

Give yourself plenty of time to prep presentation, took me longer than I thought to get thru the policy you have to read.

Imagine yourself in various departments and prep questions based on that, including current affairs.

Use the presentation to relax into the session. Trust that you’ve got this far on merit and the interviewers want you to succeed. Try to relax and go for it.

Good luck!

i felt it was quite fast paced. Have your examples relating to the different competencies versed using the STAR framework. They were really nice. The usual stuff really

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lsdmem

Hi all and congratulations to those who got their results. Just wondering what the turn around time was from interview to getting the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Melloh

Anyone know is there a kildare panel in place on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 APComms123

AP Comms results are out - well done to anyone who made the qualifying standard and commiserations to anyone who didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Hi all. Passed my Interview and on a Panel. Anybody know when this expires? Thanks

Advertisement