Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭kk.man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

It's goes deeper, it's multi generational dependence on SW, it has developed a culture of the state taking care of everything and not being able to even take care of themselves. I really feel sorry for the kids age bracket of 10-14years, it so hard for them to make the break out this culture. It's amazing when a culture of work is developed with young people it gives them independence. We here in f+f have been lucky to have that developed at an early age

Personally I feel we need a reform of the justice system, with early intervention with fines first. Collected by the revenue, who would have access to SW and people taxation at source. Coming on the radar at an early age, should be a red flag for early interventions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The FF/FG cartel has steered this banana republic for years, voted in by “he fixed the road” voters for years. The Irish voting imbeciles are as much to blame for this as elected buffons out to make a quick buck(corruption). We have a justice minister whose only qualification for getting the job is that her father was a politician before her.

The politicians are out blaming the far right for their own shortcomings. All the while getting lost in all this is that three little innocent babies got stabbed today. Law and order is gone in this country for years yet the dipsticks in Dáil Éireann will blame the far right when really and truly it’s the government to blame. I can’t wait for the next election, not a vote to FF,FG the greens or Sinn Fein. Independent TDs from now on and no more than vote no 1, not as much as a transfer will I give them. They’ve ruined this country and yet still looking to blame someone or something else. They’ve allowed this on their watch not good enough. It never was but now the chickens have come home to roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Army can't get involved but they would sort it pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Ye don’t get paid enough to put up with that shite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

The garda top boss will do everything in their power to sideline the army. They would let let Dublin burn first before they'd call them in. The army used to train and have the gear for riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The only problem with that plan is nearly all independents have no interest whatsoever in being in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

I hear that Wrangler put on his cowboy hat and hopped into the hilux after the first stone was thrown, last thing he said to Mrs Wrangler before rocketed to Dublin “Beef plan are going to pay for this”

He spent the night with his rifle,stuck high up the spire with his magnets, I don’t think the state will ever let us know the body count, but fair play Wrangler 🫡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

So you're also going to mock the deliveroo guy I presume?

Because he did exactly what Wrangler said he'd do himself in that situation....

"Shure it's nothing to do with us" "Let the guards deal with it"

That's the attitude which has the place the way it is.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

protest march in Palestine today looking for a ceasefire in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The irony of the whole protest is that a Brazilian guy stepped in to stop the stabber. Hope the little girl and carer will be ok. Those businesses will miss out on black friday, one of the busiest days for them

certainly not. A fine citizen. Wrangler isn’t fit to lace his boots.

And as a reasonably fit bloke I’d hope to do the same but I pretty sure I wouldn’t if I was a young woman in only the company of another with no one else near me. Berating young woman online who suffered a huge trauma and boasting about being a tough guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

well those businesses i have no doubt promised potential customers some great black friday deals/discounts.. looks like customers of foot locker and others did indeed have a great black friday.. wonder what the plan for cyber monday will be....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

Wife company party in Dublin cancelled tonight due to health and safety fears of Dublin City Center. Some economic fall out from this. They need to empower the guards. This shite of containment and afraid of social media needs to stop. Law and order is the foundation of any society. Time to bring out the riot squad and then them loose at these scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

It’s not the guards. It’s the jail sentences. The scum have no fear as they clock up as many offenses as they like and get short or suspended sentences. They need to have some respect for the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Dublin is socially dysfunctional and has been on a downward spiral for decades, or rather generations.

serially unemployed generations combined with lack of proper policing allowed them to become feral. Brainless politicians like PBP and the Irish freedom party give them some sense of legitimacy.

sickened to see messages like “if your not cocaine white, stay out of Dublin tonight” being circulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It was a woman that put herself put herself in the way of the thug first yesterday, just shows that not all people are cowardly saddos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Last night was mainly useless wasters out to cause destruction. There was no thoughts in many of those minds regarding the stabbing. In fact, there was no thoughts in many of those minds full stop. It was planned and coordinated by anti this and anti that gobshites but the number of those probably small, and just scum out to cause hassle took over and decided to wreck the place for the LOLs. Dublin, like many urban areas has a cohort of absolute shite people with no conscience, no morals and no values on anything. Blaming the government is one part, but blame these clowns more. There is huge access to education, training, etc. There's jobs galore everywhere but sure why bother? Boils my piss having to share air with knobjockeys such as these who are of no benefit whatsoever to society. Each and every one should be sterilised to stop reproduction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

The education system needs to accommodate more like @kollegeknight too and that concreting course he set up for young lads. There's far too much emphasis on academic study and points. For those who "win" in the current system, there's plenty more who lose out.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

Agree that it's no reflection on two scared women, I didn't see all of that particular exchange, just the aftermath where people were saying the equivalent of "you'd do nuthin" to Wrangler. We don't know that, he might OR he could be full of it. Like yourself, I'd like to think I would. It might be a situation where a short fuse would be an asset...

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

I would encourage more regular work experience. It's amazing skills are developed for the world of work. It really builds confidence and independence.

Of course you would, no one would leave her there on the ground kicking and screaming for help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Yeah they fuppin would. My neighbours father, and elderly and not woefully mobile man drove his car to Woodies one afternoon a few months ago. Unknown to him, a small fire had started under the bonnet and when he parked it got worse, with the doors of his car locked and him trapped inside. 3 people in the car park whipped out the camera and started filming it, filming a man in his 70s trying desperately to get free while flames bellowed from the engine. Only for a couple of lads came running out of woodies he'd have been trapped, with great video evidence of his demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

You know I have interacted with you on this forum for years and while I didn’t always agree with your views on farming or politics I respected your views. However your continuing vendetta on those two poor women on the canal is shocking.

that is a shocking post. The poor woman quite rightly defended those poor children . She is now in a critical position. That would likely have been the outcome of those women in tullamore also.

shame on u for continuing to try peddle this line.

Wrangler you wouldn’t be as fit or as strong as a much younger with murder physcho with a large sharp knife. Let’s assume you didn’t have a knife. Let’s put in your hand a wooden spoon. Now it’s a fight to the death with two young schoolteachers. Is it a fair fight?

You are are slandering two innocent girls who were powerless themselves and are suffering the trauma of witnessing what you just described. That isn’t particularly valiant, or brave in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Used his motorcycle helmet to belt the b***rd on the head, was some great quick thinking

There's a big difference in the two cases. This time the woman knew the children and it was on a busy street but of course fair play to her for defending the children and hopefully she will recover fully herself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭minerleague

This is a lot of it, camera up on outside farm ( looking in towards cattle shed) 11pm last night alarm went off, over I go 4 lads in, bags packed with items they found and "sorry sir thought nobody wanted it sure". Didn't bother guards as waste of time

• Advertisement

Young people are hugely spoilt now

Kids are being reared now with huge expectations, Dublin was evidence of this last night,

Between the poorly managed national economy and climate change, their world will come crashing down before their life's end.... it'd be interesting to know how they'd manage it.

Advertisement