Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Since 2020, there was an announcement each year that there would be live programming online from a specific date - a bit like the official FM launch a bit later. It sounds like they are doing it in a more low key manner this year. Maybe it is more ad-hoc this time until the official FM launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Thanks, I enjoy listening to it when I'm milking the cows, it's a bit of a tradition the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That sounds about right. The last couple of years they made an announcement of DJ's being live online from early November, but this year there wasn't any (that I'm aware of at least) so an ad-hoc arrangement as you described it seems to be the order of the day for 2023. Likely we'll see/hear more live DJ's in the next couple of weeks too as we near FM launch day.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I tuned in to listen to it on the way home from Liffey Valley earlier. It's a shirt spin so only heard four songs but the DJ was yapping away and, combined with the fact that the decorations are up in Liffey Valley and M&S was playing Christmas music, it certainly lifted the spirits

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Frequencies confirmed this morning. Some changes I notice due to reallocation for RTE and others.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Letterkenny and Cavan? Have RTE added additional services recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Not sure what the story is to be honest. Possibly RTE changing frequencies rather than additional services or possibly to do with proximity to the border? I’m sure someone here will have the inside track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Manc-Red_

To me now Christmas FM in our house is an absolute must on a par to the trusty Christmas Tree.

Love it & long may it last

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Caught a little bit of Christmas FM during my lunch break. The presenter said that last year, they had 'hundreds of thousands' listening in during the pre-launch in November so this year, they have decided to go "the full monty" with the presenters in November. I assume that means there's a full schedule of presenters on all day. I've only turned it on randomly during the day for a few minutes, but there has always been a presenter on.

I had it on for the last 15 or 20 minutes - first time since early this year. I particularly enjoyed Lizzo's Some Day at Christmas Time. Incidentally, Christmas FM regular Mike Maloney is presenting at the moment. He identified himself, but he is one of those that is easy to recognoise! He said he had been on for the last two hours and why did it take so long for us to tune in! Mike said that it will be back on FM on the 28th November, but we know that already! Jose Feliciano on now... will tune out now and concentrate on work.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Andrew93

Listening in the last 20-30 minutes and haven't heard a presenter (might have zoned out and missed them).

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Just saw Nobbie who used to co-host the Strawberry Alarm clock with Jim-Jim has joined the lineup this year - that's a nice addition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

When is the FM launch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I agree, miss Nobby in the mornings

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Haven’t dabbled in Christmas tunes yet this season, I always love launch day

Mark Noble is a fill-in presenter on Radio Nova these days. Incidentally, Emily Brew, who presents on Christmas FM, is a weekend presenter on Radio Nova.

1 week to launch day. This day week Christmas FM goes live on FM radio.

Looking forward to seeing what the kick off song is this year? Last year was Andy Williams & 'Its the most wonderful time of the year', but the most oft used is Bing Crosby's 'Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas' I wonder will they use one of those again or have a new one to kick us off for 2023!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A week to launch day is just silly. The run in from September has felt like a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Hopefully we’ll catch the live launch on the way home in the car from toddler group next Tuesday

Confirmed!

I'd better book out that time in my work Outlook calendar in case someone tries to arrange a meeting for that time 😤

A bit late to this but

If you tune in between now and 10am you'll hear Garvan and the Brekkie Crew warming up for the FM launch next week! 🎅

Listen online at christmasfm.com, on the Christmas FM app, or ask your smart speaker to play Christmas FM! 📻

Had ChristmasFM on all day. A lot of dad dancing was done while putting up the tree.

Full compliment of DJs today on air and lots of listeners texts and emails as well.

Testing on 105.2FM in Dublin this evening, with RDS of XMAS.

Had the app on ourselves whilst decorating, was very glitchy though, had to restart it about 5 or 6 times.

• Advertisement

Same with the glitch but teething problems no doubt.

Advertisement