If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG C3 or Samsung S90 to wall mount

• 25-11-2023 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for one of the above to fix to a stud wall, so would need a recommendation for a suitable bracket as well. I'd aim to fix the bracket to the studs themselves so would need a bit of leeway to centre the TV horizontally.

I'd have been set on the C3, but the S90 has caught my eye in the past few weeks. I think it's be happy with either and price is much of a muchness, but if there's anything that stands out for what would mostly be movie and series watching, I'd be glad to hear it (audio not really a factor as I already have a Samsung HW MS650 soundbar, which while getting a bit long in the tooth still performs well)

Finally, though this is something I probably need to satisfy myself, I'm a bit torn between the 55" and 65". The latter would fit the space but I'd have worries about it dominating the wall too much.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi JMcL.

Both are great televisions to be honest and either would make a great purchase.

If it a 55" you decide on then the LG 55C3 is currently out of stock with no confirmed ETA just yet (hopefully its not too long).

No problem on stock on the Samsung 55S90C.

Moving into to a 65" then there is stock of both the 65C3 and 65S90C.

The Samsung currently have a cash back deal running on them via redemption with Samsung.

I have a few LG OLED at home myself and love them but the Samsung are equally as good for picture quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

Thanks Kenny. I'll do a bit of measuring when I get home tomorrow to double check if a 65" set would be ott and make a decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Don’t worry about the studs and get these

GeeFix Plasterboard Cavity Wall Fixings Hollow Wall Anchors Heavy Duty (Pack of 4 Fixings) https://amzn.eu/d/78kOJS6

may give you some mounting flexibility

• Company Representative Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem at all JMcL.

Drop me a post or PM when your ready.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.