Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

...😉

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

2 hours? That is beyond creepy.

No wonder they need to spend a fortune on security.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Nobody allowed to critique them then. Not going to watch it I presume? You do know that there has been books written, six hour series, interviews and not to mention the relentless PR/press coverage from both Harry and Meghan and the consequential coverage that generates elsewhere?With that in mind then, yeah, it can take a few hours to thoroughly dissect it all. One comprehensive video summing it all up. 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Thanks for the video recommendation. It sure is a great compendium of their time together.

• Advertisement

The video is the equivalent of a loner in the 80s cutting up newspapers and sending obsessive letters.

It's beyond creepy, how anyone could watch 2 minutes of it let alone 2 hours is an absolute mystery.

If that is an example of the type prepossessed loon out there, than like I said it's no wonder they have to spend a fortune on security.

I thought it was a good summary of the situation they have created. Sometimes it’s good to zoom out and look at the big picture.

I always found that cutting up newspapers just got you covered in printers ink. Progress is a wonderful thing.

It's funny how they can produce books, podcasts, a documentary series etc despite claiming that they want privacy (what ?) But when someone puts a 2 hour programme putting a negative but possibly truthful slant on them... Well, that just won't do according to some posters..😉

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The post that made me realise that those who defend harry and meghan regardless are really in deep, was when empty seats(rows even) in a picture were apparently not empty.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah yes, the invisible people of Wimbledon.

They share the same magical qualities with the drivers who manage to create a high speed car chase in congested NY traffic.

• Advertisement

A lengthy car chase too, I believe.. Drama rama.

You didn't watch it so how can you actually dismiss it? Maybe it might enlighten you as to what Pa, Willy et al were dealing with and, in the off chance you might be empathetic towards them in dealing with a victim and race card playing duo, you decide that it's perhaps better to dismiss the creator entirely as a loon just to be on the safe side. Not only that but also infer that anyone watching it is also a loon.

You also tried that deflection tactic before. I wrote a long post ages back saying I thought Harry was perhaps self-absorbed and narcissistic. You came in with your wind up tactics using the same no wonder he needs security quip inferring that a poster on Boards was somehow a threat to him for simply having a take on a public person being very public and inviting such opinions. In short, if you give a lengthy post on a discussion forum then you're a loon.

Absolutely bizarre particularly since you say you don't care about them at all but you will readily label people critical of people you don't care about as loons. I haven't finished all of it yet but it does a great job of editing and focusing on the pertinent parts of an exhaustive set of videos, articles etc. Shockingly, there is a lot of content devoted to covering Harry and Meghan. Most of the points so far appear aligned with the general and rational sentiments expressed here e.g. their hypocrisy, their manipulation.

It actually made me see things differently here particularly regarding her father. Another narcissist who made sure his daughter was a spoiled Princess who then subsequently wanted compensation/pay back when she became famous. In essence, it made me sympathetic to Meghan because what chance could anyone have in developing in a normal, healthy way and not become so self absorbed and narcissistic e.g. Limos sent to collect her from a friends house. She didn't stand a chance.

sympathetic to Meghan

Doubt she needs your sympathy to be honest, she seems grand, lives in a mansion and is a multi millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So it seems that some of the info in this new book can only have come from Harry and Meghan. For example, only the 2 couples were in the car after the queen died so no one but them would know what the atmosphere in the car was like and that there was silence. Also the details of a private conversation that Harry had with Charles where he supposedly tried to use contact with the kids as leverage (not a good look).

They are just embarrassing themselves at this stage by continually airing their grievances. No wonder the family won't talk to them, it would all be in the next book.

Maybe so but there are plenty of high profile people who live in a mansion and are multi millionaires who don't have the level of ridicule she and Harry have.

What are jewels, money, nice clothes and concert tickets actually worth though when you’re a figure of ridicule? I'd rather be sitting in my Ferarri secure in the knowledge that most right minded people think I'm a good and decent person than knowing people think that I'm not. Reputation is everything. Beyond the mansions and millions that is what is priceless for anyone. Warren Buffet was always fond of the saying that it can take 20 years to build a reputation but it can be destroyed in five minutes. If they stepped down from the BRF, despite their private grievances, without the acrimony and went about dedicating the building of their commercial lives overseas organically and peacefully then for the most part no one would care and I think they’d be more successful than they have been. I think a thread like this wouldn't even exist.

However they left acrimoniously and they decided to double down on their victim playing. They have earned a reputation as professional victims and despite being given multiple opportunities they haven’t truly capitalized on them in the way genuinely talented people given the same opportunity would have and they have also alienated those who work in a stressful, deadline driven industry who will actively avoid difficult, lazy and talentless people like Harry and Meghan. Remember? The f*cking grifters. Hardly brilliant feedback to secure future gigs.

What good is it really when you've already shot your shot and the millions in the bank stemming from that will dwindle and, on top of that, you’ll forever be seen, by anyone still caring to pay attention, as the professional actress who struggled to learn a simple national anthem but who (very recently) will smirk at an autistic professional singer singing another national anthem whereas he will always be the multi-millionaire Prince moaning that his Daddy cut him off financially in the middle of a pandemic and who wanted to podcast with Vladimir Putin about their childhood trauma? It wasn't always so, and they had such initial general good will and support, but through their own actions they'll forever be figures of ridicule no matter what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Terrier2023

• Registered Users Posts: 23,626 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭suvigirl

What she full time moaning about then, if she's grand 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Advertisement

The more I think about it the more I think this mysterious royal racist isn't William. It's a logical fallacy considering Harry was happy to write about getting floored onto a dog bowl, getting his necklace broken and even down to complaining that William got an extra sausage that he'd absolutely love to out (and destroy) him as this racist who was concerned about a childs skin colour. His sons skin colour after all. Since he hasn't done this then I'd confidently say it isn't him.

Post edited by valoren on

It all goes back to post-Oprah and Gayle King broadcasting about the "unproductive" phone call the three of them had in private. How did she know that? Either Harry or Meghan told her or her reps. Was it so surprising to Harry or Omid Scobie that they'd circle the proverbial Royal wagons and not trust that whatever they might subsequently say in supposed privacy wouldn't be similarly broadcast? Any one in their right mind in such positions would resort to communicating only through press offices and spokespeople but now we get the whole he never even replied to my texts...waagh. I'd say William, with a known temper, in particular would have loved to have torn him a new one but refrained from doing that for the above reasons.

Is there another big occasion coming when they will tell us who the two were?! This time next year it will be up to 3....

Omid Scobie’s book looks like it’s going to be the 21st century equivalent of maintaining that the Earth is flat, or that the Earth is the centre of the universe and everything revolves around it. Clearly, though, the latter can’t be true. Meghan believes that the sun, moon, planets and stars all revolve around her. Kinda Meghanocentric rather than Geocentric.

Hopefully, Endgame will be debunked, just like those old theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

It was Camilla, it has to be. Harry knows if he even hints at it Charles will completly cut him off and take those titles.

Agreed. Meghan writing to Charles is a good insight particularly since he actually replied and did so perhaps to defend Camilla. The gossip was that the whole thing stemmed from Camilla having some banter with Harry that their kid might have a ginger afro. He then tells Meghan this later and it gets weaponised as racist down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I hope this Scabies book flops- only an idiot would buy it - anything in it so far has simply been going over old ground - I guess fair dues to Scabies if he can convince people to buy this tat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I always assumed it was Princess Anne - absolutely no proof but just figured it would be something she might say - matter of factly rather than with any malice intended

• Advertisement

Omid claims there was complete silence in the car the day they met the crowd in Windsor. Boo hoo.. What do they expect as they have proven to be completely untrustworthy. Never mind that William and Catherine wouldn't have been in the mood for idle chit chat.

Advertisement