Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2023-24 Mod Note in op 27/6/23 And 21/05/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will someone please get rid of that flipping plane flying overhead in the city game..

Edit its gone!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

so silva has taken a player out in the air and tackled another after the ball is gone and not been booked. He's dirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd imagine it's actually louder in the ground and Sky are just doing their usual crap of turning down the volume on the crowd.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Should be booking rodri there Im sorry. That just a ridiculous claim for a handball.

Imagine looking for handball for hitting someone in the arse with the ball 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's never a foul on the keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

That's a goal for me. Weak by Alisson. Why do keepers get so much protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭mobydopy

If Onana was having this Allison performance, Sky would be all over him

He has his right arm on Alisson left arm and it's stopping him getting that arm fully up. It's soft and I'd be pissed if a Liverpool goal was disallowed for that but I'd be surprised if it wasn't given as a foul 99 times out of 100.

Considering people were happy with the push on Gabriel for the Newcastle goal I find it amazing that one is given a foul

• Advertisement

One is a push on a defender and one is a hand on a keeper. They are not the same and everyone knows that if a keeper is touched then it's a free.

Like I said if a goal was chalked off for Liverpool for the same thing I'd be pissed but I'd actually understand it given the protection keepers have been given over the last 15-20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

1-1 in the City v Liverpool game. TAA with a nice strike into the bottom left hand corner from the edge of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Probably deserved on second half performance could very well win it now.

Probably the 1230 start, but nice wumless thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sky have their contentious decision now!

Personally I think its soft, and echo TitiamGerm's thoughts. Pissed off if it's given against you but you know that keepers get that protection. More times than not, the slightest touch means that the keeper get the free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Initially thought the Alison tackle was soft but ref and var obviously wise to city shoving in on the keeper to infringe at every chance, so good decision for me can't let it go on all game

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You can't interfere with a goalkeepers arms when he's going for a catch, it's a foul every time.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I think that was one of the worst games between City and Liverpool over the last few years.

City fans were so quiet. Brutal atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Felt like the ground was half asleep. Which sometimes happens at these 12:30's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not looking forward to City clicking into gear post club World Cup and going on their usual run to the title.

Arsenal had a substantial lead last season, hard to see City being more than 6 points behind after their FIFA commitments are done and dusted in December.

They're not even playing great and they're the most likely champions from here.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Klopp and Liverpool have a habit of going on those runs, I remember a few years back they were something like 12 points behind City at Xmas and lost the title on the last day. That's the only hope of a decent challenge in my opinion this season, I just don't see it coming from Arsenal...if Liverpool don't maintain this form and then kick into gear after Xmas, then City will have it won by Mid April.

Bloody joke that this game was played at 12.30 on a Saturday morning. Police saying they didn't fancy the 5.30 KO, but if it was at its usual Sunday slot it would be the 4.30 KO! What's the difference??

I think the stronger that Arsenal (and maybe Spurs and others) are, and stay in the title race taking points off of each other, then it is better for Liverpool.

If it's a straight shootout of Liverpool v Man City, I think that Man City will have too much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good result for Liverpool. Very poor atmosphere, poor enough game in realoty.

Nobody wants City pulling away at the top this early.

Liverpool have a great ability to go on an extended winning run later in the Season, so they are in a good position to challenge. Squad looks good also and not many injuries and are currently on a fine run too.

If a few other teams could take a few points off City, that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Rinse and repeat for the next 5 years, posting record revenues now too will be hard to stop them until Newcastle get to the stage of posting their record revenues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Liverpool will win the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Isak has put Newcastle in front against Chelsea. 1-0

Is there a dirtier player in the league than Joelinton?

No chance, but they maybe the only team to sustain a challenge against City....they need to start taking more points on the road!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Silva with a very rare mistake allows Newcastle take a 3-1 lead, after only scoring their second a minute earlier.

Brilliant cross from Gordon for the second goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's only a one place swap, but Everton will be bottom of the league today if Burnley can keep the lead at home against West Ham. Good opportunity for Everton tomorrow to respond though at home against a poor Man United team.

Luton took the lead against Crystal Palace but it was immediately cancelled out.

And that's Chelsea down to 10 as James receives his second yellow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Very soft, he's barely made contact with Gordon who goes down like a sniper shot him

4-1 and Chelsea are ragged. Fine win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Could be a big result for Luton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Chelsea revival was short lived. They could do with getting Nkunku back fit. Thiago Silva also looking his age these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm not sure about that VAR call for the Arsenal goal being chalked off. Not what it's supposed to be about. Though on the other hand, seeing 3 Arsenal players about 5 yards behind the nearest Brentford player made me think offside long before VAR got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

He's someone who goes to ground very easily. Type of player who is chipping away at my love for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spr1ngsteen

Anthony Gordon I meant. Thought I was replying to a post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah, Sterling the same. He got Trippier booked in the first half for a very soft challenge that saw Chelsea score from the resulting free kick.

T Silva really struggled yesterday, he looked a little affected by it all. And Reece James looks like he is also really struggling. Doesn’t look fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭waywill1966

I just saw the Dunk was given two yellows within 10 seconds for dissent yesterday and the second was for calling the ref a bell end for giving him the first yellow 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The looser of Burnley/Sheffield next weekend surely be sacked.

Plenty action in the first half of the Spurs - Villa game. Entertaining half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Xander10

Spurs should have been out of sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Spurs great to watch with multiple players sprinting for every attack, creating loads of chances / half chances but offside an awful lot too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

3 goals disallowed (correctly) for offside so far. It's the high line taking center stage here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is it me or is the commentary of the match slightly out of sync. Theres a chance then about half a second later the commentator says something about it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement