Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Mod has warned me for no good reason

Options
  • 24-11-2023 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭

This applies to the following thread:

The mod in question is Liamog.

I have pointed out a fact on this thread that liamog is not happy with so has warned me and removed the post.

Despite numerous PMs he will not reinstate the post and clarify on the particular thread.

That poster has accused me of repeatedly putting my POV across on multiple thread every month or so which I didn’t realises was against any charter? Can this be clarified?

Can you look into it please.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@Eoin If you could look into this.

Is there any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi there, can I suggest that you:

1. not further derail threads to argue about the decision that was made - you clearly did this, so the warning was legit.
    2. start a thread in the feedback forum if you don't agree with what is considered on and off topic. I don't really have an opinion on what should or shouldn't be on-topic in that forum, but you should down the right path to change it if you don't agree.

• Advertisement

Eoin,

its the initial warning for no reason i am disputing.

Can you provide clarity on this please.

I got the second warning for disputing the first warning on the thread which is fair enough in a very weird way if you think about it but ill let that go.

Eoin,

can you come back to me on this please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've already PM'd him yesterday. If there's no response by tomorrow, I'll get the admins to look instead.

Thanks Spear.

I’m just looking for clarification on the original warning which I think was completely unwarranted.

Hi spear did this go to the admins?

• Advertisement

So what’s happening with this??

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@tom1ie I've looked at this. The initial warning you are disputing was actually an informal, on thread warning/request to not discuss a certain topic.

As informal warnings are not covered by the DRP process I will lock this thread.

If you'd like to give feedback on or discuss the initial moderator action you should do so in the Helpdesk Forum.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement