Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Survivor Series War Games 2023 *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think it comes down to a few things and obviously we're all outside observers.

Punk was the biggest name and get for AEW. Maybe he expected the company to be built around him or people to bow down at his feet. AEW needed Punk more than he needed them though.

WWE don't need him. He's an added bonus and will no doubt be a boost in the short term, maybe long-term depending how this all pans out.

One of the things that makes AEW great is also one of it's downsides. They have more creative freedom than they do in WWE, that's execellent when everyone is on the same page but naturally people who don't prosper in that environment will falter. People who do can succeed but they also will have to sacrifice their egos at times more so that when they are being told by a team of writers or a whole creative team. It can lead to a contentious environment.

One of the reasons I was sympathetic to Punk was that whatever way he acted, the company, AEW handled it terribly. There was warning signs that this could happen for a long time and (seemingly) nobody did anything about. People on the inside ran to the dirtsheets, people took jabs on social media and on live tv and instead of being grown-ups and resolving the conflict it boiled over until they HAD to take action.

AEW are a young company still and Tony Khan seems like a nice guy generally but I don't really get the sense that his roster respects him all that much. They like him sure but I think he's afraid to make tough calls cause it might influence his relationship with the wrestlers. There were people on here bending over backwards to defend him for not speaking up at the Brawl Out conference but there was never any repurcussions until he had to suspend people. Only for the same thing to happen again, he split the roster rather than trying to heal things over. Maybe he was blinded by how big of a fan he was but that's exactly the problem.

I doubt Punk likes Triple H or WWE but I also think he realises they would have less of an issue firing him if he caused problems. They're on a hot streak without him. It's horribly ironic cause AEW seems like the place Punk would have wanted but maybe these days he's suited more to WWE.

Again this is half speculation and only my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Would be incredible to see MJF and Punk continue their feud in WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What return/debut will out do Punk ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well if it wasn't for aew they wouldn't have signed her.

Don't think there is any left.

If any of the Elite jumped ship, they're not well known enough to get that kind of reaction.

Moxley/Ambrose coming back would be a big pop.

Miro/Black/Andrade and the rest of the midcarders wouldn't cause a stir.

Rollins going the other way to AEW would be big but not as big as Punk's return/s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Honestly a Stone Cold glass shatter wouldn’t get that reaction even. It was incredible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, this feels like the last “never gonna happen” moment left in pro wrestling.

As far as the Jade stuff, he’s not wrong but that’s the nature of WWE havin the established development facilities whereas AEW, being far, far younger, not. AEW relies heavily on the Indy scene to train new generations for them, and invest in indies (not with money, per se, but with the ability to let their guys work Indy shows, and forge relationships). But when they catch someone like a Jade, who bypasses the Indies, that rawness probably benefits from a proper developmental system more.

ideally, you’d have let Jade train on the Indy scene, or in lower profile matches, but her charisma just meant she was above that level quickly. Long term, AEW probably would benefit massively from establishing a developmental base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 storydove

I thought the whole ppv was great. That spot by JD was insane, I know he was wrestling with a bunch of living legends, so I could understand the need to impress them. The ppv are the only wwe shows I get to watch live, the reset of their programs I catch delayed on the wwe network.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 storydove

A couple of Irish wrestlers delivering for a fan

https://twitter.com/i/status/1728814054284878296

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also I think if everyone started to jump back to wwe more than likely they would get lost in the shuffle after the initial return. Tbh that's something both aew and wwe struggle with imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton was taking his vitamins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't Iyo do the same spot last year? Should've been Kairi doing the elbow from the top.

The problem with 2 WarGames or any gimmick matches in the one show is that whoever goes second has to be careful not to repeat spots from the first one.

I'm sure Hunter saw what happened with Punk in AEW and has talked with him about it. And as has been said, WWE is a lot more structured with Punk knowing he won't get away with as much as he could in AEW. I'm sure the others backstage who may have issue with him will either try to get on with him and be professional or just leave him be altogether.

I'd say he'll be on Raw. Though he could be a free agent as didn't he have a few digs at Roman as well?

Will he be given a mic tomorrow night?

Will Gunther give Miz some respect now or will he still say he doesn't belong?

Think was Jey who said Randy was out for 2 years but I didn't think it was that long. Just checked and was 1.5 years which also seems longer than I thought.

She did. It should be her annual thing. Sticking a bin on your head and jumping off a cage is brilliant.

Even if she's not in a war games match, just have her come out, do it and leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The last reaction I saw that came close was Punk's AEW debut, also in Chicago. But that was expected. This was a proper "mark out" moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Now let's get Austin vs Punk at Mania they can do the Rollins match at the Rumble

Punk is looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Punk vs Triple H at Mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Mix in my opinion is one of the most overrated wrestlers out there, he'd rot in the mid card if he came back to WWE. His persona is literally an extreme stone cold rip off with an unnecessary amount of blood

Advertisement