Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

MacAllister had a great game IMO.

one thing I thought was important was that he really covered for Szlobozai from around 60-70 mins when szoboszlai couldn't run anymore and MacAllister pressed high up the pitch but also got back into position again and was putting his foot in tackling. Had a sneaky hand on Doku at one point and just pulled away at the right time to avoid the free kick and booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

And have their bare buttocks thrashed with nettles as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, thought Mac Allister and Tsimikas did incredibly well with the more understated thankless stuff.

I thought our three starting midfielders were fairly average tbh.

TAA, VVD and Matip the standouts for me. Wasn't a great match tbf,and don't care. The point was huge.

Szobo started alright, but seemed to tire fairly early, and Jones was poor throughout, so Mac Allister had an awful lot of dirty work to do to make it up and did it really well imo. Nothing flashy, but high energy filling in gaps. Nice to have the EL game next, can give rests and game-time where needed. Getting the balance right over these next 4 games is huge, as right after that we've 5 tricky games in 13 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I thought the game was really poor today with an absolutely horrendous atmosphere, if I were the premier league I'd be embarrassed at beeming this game around the world, it certainly wasn't a good advert anyway.

2 of the lgs biggest teams producing a rubbish lifeless and soulless game.

Nunez is just so bad it's not even funny anymore,he's the most brainless uncomposed player I've seen in a red shirt for a long long time

It's amazing how some people can be so myopic, absolutely steadfastly ignoring anything that goes against their pre-selected point of view, but glomming on instantly to whatever supports it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I genuinely think he's a Man Utd fan with a couple of boards accounts and just pops on here to troll. Why does he rarely comment when we play well and win? Slithers in here when we may not have played our best.

If I'm incorrect on that, then he's just naturally a serial whiner who finds fault in almost everyone and everything. More than likely he's not aware of his own pessimism. He can't be reasoned with because people like him can't handle criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's really hard to comprehend the money we're dealing with against City, their bench yesterday was as weak as I've ever seen it (they made 0 subs in 98 minutes) and yet it still cost more than ours (one of the best bench lineups we've ever had).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

????

A 4 letter word that starts with KU and doesn't end in YT does not compute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

On the disallowed goal, Akanji is trying to pin/pull down Ali's left arm with his own right hand the entire time. From the moment the corner is taken to the moment it reaches Alisson he's got a grip on his arm, don't think it's nearly as controversial a call as some would have you believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Allison just had a nightmare yesterday,it doesn't happen to him often tbf to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I presume you're referring to the post above yours which I can't see.

I was never into blocking accounts but there's 2-3 misery junkies on the thread I blocked about 6 months ago.

To say it improved the experience of scrolling through posts would be an understatement.

Reading thier constant spew of shite and negativity was depressing. I can't begin to imagine what living inside their heads would be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I was talking about the lad in the green jacket, top right of the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

In a title race in December.

Progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

2 absolute clowns on here who only ever insult and criticize the team and are dying to see certain players fail.

Never hear from them when things are going great or when certain players are doing well.

I'd be 'embarassed' at some of the stuff these dopes constantly write and some of the posts are the 'most brainless' I have seen on here in a 'long,long time!'

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'd love to know what Gvaridol did to Guardiola, although with Doku playing so well im not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You have to fancy us to get more points from our next 13 games, than we did from our first 13 games. Considering our first 13 contained games away to Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves, Spurs, Brighton, Luton , Man City , while the next 13 games contain games away to Sheffield, Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Brentford . Home games should be a walk regardless of who we play, so the potential for 13 wins on the bounce is there, Arsenal the only tough game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Getting a point yesterday was great, much more important than the performance. City still favourites for the title, but, they might be vulnerable this season, plus they have the club World Cup tournament to deal with, so might slight up, if they do hopefully we'll be there to benefit. Hopefully Allison is OK or we could be in a bit of bother.

Any official update on Allison?

Spurs back being Spurs 😄

There was always going to be games where you miss Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I don't think the fella who just recently commented is even a Liverpool fan TBH, he's clearly a troll and not a very good one at that. He never posted after a win or when we were going well. Like I know us football fans love a bit of misery now and then, but come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mad to think Utd only 4 points behind us now and them apparently having a horrendous season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

And two points off Spurs who won the league in September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The result against Chelsea looked good at the time,in hindsight it looks like points dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

You mean 'Ange Ball' won't be winning the manager of the month?

It was expected for us, throwing a midfield together and seeing how it worked. Chelsea on the day had twice as many passes, and 68% , possession. We scored from our only shot on target, thankfully.

Big difference in the teams played though. When the second round of fixtures are played around new years time, it will be a fairer representation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hopefully we can get plenty of points of the bottom half teams, like they did. No more Lutons please!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

The club is very slow releasing information on Allison's possible injury. Last thing on LFC site is just awaiting a scan. Has to be caused by the 3 games he played in a very shirt period of time.

Post edited by Widdensushi on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hard to believe you cane in to a discussion site to post exactly that. I'll remember the STFU and who said it !

So you, can't? Can't give an example and can't spell ....

I presume there will be an update tomorrow,if not I fear it will be bad news and it could be Wednesday when we get an update in the press conference for the Lask game

Can you give an example of the team give quicker update, simple question???

• Advertisement

You can take issue with a post without telling someone to shut the fück up.

Correct me if I am wrong but was VVD's cruciate injury he got in the Everton game released on the Sunday evening? As in the extent of how bad it was?

Just found this now,announced on the Sunday when the match was played on the Saturday

Poor auld Jota as well, missed the world cup and most of last season after his injury in the Man City game at Anfield around this time last year. Hopefully this one isn't too bad, he's had rotten luck with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Could be equally caused by his dallying on the ball and then having to rush a clearance.

I hate having a go at him because he has been unbelievable for us but he was putting us under some pressure yesterday. Maybe then problem was in front of him and City did a great job of shutting down the options but he took way to long to make up his mind and then when he eventually just gave the simple pass to Matip or VVD it was so slow it was allowing City's players to close them down. He needed to just keep the ball moving rather than looking for a perfect pass every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

While not completely absolving Allision, as you pointed out, a lot of the delays were because of what was happening in front of him. Lets be honest, we were extremely poor in midfield, especially Jones and Szobo. Hopefully the latter in particular can get back at it, his last few performances have been very flat from him...We just did not play well on Saturday, but we have also often played miles better against City and come away with nothing, so we will take that point, forget about that game and move on!

I really hope this injury to Ali is not serious, we are moving into somewhat group of winnable fixtures but they become less winnable without him between the posts!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The City press was very effective and caused Allison all sorts of problems, don't forget that Haaland was about an inch away from tackling the ball off Allison about a metre off the line in the first half and it probably would have went straight in had he made any serious contact.

• Administrators Posts: 54,128 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Regarding the match overall, you have to be happy with a point, but as someone said we've played better than that against them and got nothing. Our performance on Saturday I'd probably describe as so-so, possibly feeling the effects of the international break.

Jones, as much as he has improved this year, is not up to games of this magnitude IMO and his selection was a mistake.

Nunez, I know he's like marmite and so we have a tendency to either be overly critical or overly lenient on him but I didn't think he offered much. The chance when he messed up the first touch, possibly could have been offside but still symptomatic of his limitations. Ollie Watkins had a very similar chance for Villa yesterday but in his case the touch was excellent and the ball was passed into the bottom corner.

Also in the first half I don't know if it was instructions from Klopp or nerves but we seemed reluctant to shoot. Again, Nunez had a chance when he should have just taken a dig from outside the box and we pondered on the ball and it came to nothing.

The goal we conceded was fairly soft, getting skinned by Nathan Ake is going to make for a grim video review for TAA and Mac Alister I think?

I thought we were good defensively, TAA had a tough day with Doku but that was not unexpected, but I don't remember City carving us apart at any stage. Matt put in a few good tackles in the box especially.

Allison's save from Foden was absolutely class, if that went in it was game over.

One hidden thing from the result on Saturday is that the Liverpool players can start to believe that they can go match Man City for the rest of the season. The belief can be instilled in the squad from their actions, they don't have to feel inferior and second best to Man City. It might not be true and many outside the group will laugh at the idea, but the belief and confidence within the players can be worth extra that 1% when it comes to putting a winning run together. Klopp will be doing his own work with them, but seeing the results on the pitch will be some learned experience of it.

If players are settling for a top 4 place, then you end up in a situation where some might be content with draws in some games etc but now there is some pressure applied on themselves, good pressure, and they have to go searching for the winner. They can believe that they can match Man City, and why not beat them to the title too. They don't need to feel inferior and that finished 2nd or 3rd is inevitable.

Arsenal never had that belief last season, Man City knew this and they bullied them in the 2 head to heads. Man City know that Liverpool are coming back again. Pep knows it too, especially with the way he pulled Rodri, Ederson, Haaland etc out of the international break to be fresh for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

...TAA and Szobo were skinned for their goal, Mac was merely the next closest player to him after those 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement