Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

So any holiday plans?

Whats the weather like over there?

Did you meet any celebs yet?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I reckon that was probably some chat (about the weather)! Meghan and Harry both know that William and Catherine will never discuss things so they can make pretty much whatever as there is no comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The rumour was that Harry and Meghan were planning to do a solo walkabout to greet the crowds, view flowers/tributes *cough* get usable Netflix footage *cough*. W&K got wind of this and instead of doing it seperately they joined them. A rumour of course but I'd imagine in reality it was Charles now the King asking them to show a united front for the Queen. A one and done hold your nose mutual gig and then they could then go back to ignoring each other.

United front quells the rumour mill for that moment in time- doesn’t matter what’s written post the event - the PR stunt worked its magic when required - no one really cares 2 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

At one stage during the walkabout, Meghan was collecting the bunches of flowers that were being proffered by well wishers. An aide came along to relieve her of them, as would be normal protocol, and Meghan tried to hang on to them, presumably so the Netflix people could capture the moment for inclusion in the reality show.

They were dealt with, and as it came time for them to get back on the car, you can see Catherine give Meghan a pretty withering look - a sort of “behave yourself or you’ll be dealing with me”. Catherine has got a steely determination, especially when dealing with free loaders and messers.

• Advertisement

She’s the future Queen consort or whatever it’s called - absolutely she’s at the top of the pecking order -I think Meaghan got that too- except she was cute out knowing Harry’s growing unrest allowed her to poke the royal fire a bit for her own gain - there was no way ever Meaghan would be subservient - she got the title, hoped for the cash and an easy life doing what she wanted and when that didn’t work out, made a packet spilling the beans.

https://x.com/Freedom16356531/status/1728909730394022017?s=20

Just a taste of what Catherine put up with from the paparazzi.

Listening to BBC Radio 4 "Today" just now reviewing the papers, Justin Webb read out a snippet from Hilary Rose piece on Endgame; I'm sure it was read for comedic effect....

Here we go again. Three years after the fawning Finding Freedom about Harry and Meghan, along comes Omid Scobie with more royal guff. Endgame is ostensibly about the whole royal family. From what I can gather, though, the Sussex circus is back in book form, and the Montecito worldwide privacy tour, lampooned in South Park, is in headlong pursuit of a quiet life once again.

It's behind a paywall, of course, but does contain some wonderful comments, so I'll add another for your delectation.

It’s worth recalling here that Scobie and the Sussexes routinely deny that they’re in cahoots, until they are compelled to admit the opposite in court. During one of their interminable bouts of litigation it transpired that Meghan wrote briefing notes for an aide who was meeting Scobie while he was writing Finding Freedom. Harry discussed the importance of, on the one hand, making sure Scobie knew their innermost thoughts, and on the other not telling him themselves. It’s the briefing equivalent of “look, no hands!”. 

One more quote? My pleasure!

Speaking of the Queen, her death wasn’t a family issue, or a national issue, or even a constitutional issue. It was all about Harry. My heart would bleed for him having to charter his own private jet at such a distressing time, were it not for the fact that chartering private jets is one of Harry’s great strengths. 

Oh, I do enjoy the writing of Hilary Rose.

• Advertisement

Apparently!

Here you go...

How lovely to know that Meghan doesn’t want to set foot in England again, not because she might be booed, or bored, or rained on, although those are all legitimate concerns, but because she doesn’t want to get caught up in the soap opera of the royal family, which is quite something coming from someone who made their name as an actress in a soap opera.

and

We dwell fondly on how H&M are uniquely normal and wonderful in doing the school run themselves, something William and Kate might like to ponder when they do the school run tomorrow.

Hilary Rose is wonderfully acerbic in the column - and rightly so. (I should have said - but you probably know already - that she writes for The Times)

So bitching about H&M is not just confined to this thread- we have brothers and sisters across the world 😀

Allegedly, Meghan also mocked Miriah Reitmeier, a singer with autism who was singing the Canadian National Anthem at the event, which was arranged to support Autism Charities.

I saw that too. She's the gift that keeps on giving, isn't she?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Ah I reckon she isn't stifling a laugh or a fit of the giggles at the autistic singer because that would mean she is a sh*tty person. I think, since she is all for the empowerment of women, that she is quietly smiling with both pride and awe at another woman being able to not only learn but actually sing the words to a national anthem. After all this is someone who was making $50,000 an episode for a TV show and whose job it was to learn and remember lines written down and then pretend to be someone else. It is the same supposedly empowered person who was then stumped by God Save the Queen because no one took the time to take her through that most difficult of national anthems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The single-line response to your initial post tells us all we need to know about that pro H&M poster. The points within were all ignored in favor of them commenting on 3 words taken from your reply: "sympathetic to Meghan".

They refused to watch the video (I'll be checking it out later cheers) dismissing it as creepy, ignoring the fact that they themselves have spent multiple hours over a lengthy period of time mindlessly defending 2 multi-millionaires.

Its crystal clear the poster has zero interest in having a normal adult conversation, its just all puddle-deep insults and trolling with no interest in anything other than whatever fantastical narrative they have weaved.

I truly don't think the poster even believes in the saintliness of H&M, the poster is just looking for a bit of a thrill trolling online. Which is now how I treat their posts. I genuinely get a bit of a giggle from time to time when I see the convoluted leaps in logic to explain away an issue or when they laughably ignore facts that don't suit the pro H&M side.

In a way its a little disappointing that H&M have done such a thorough job themselves of destroying their reputation, that takes a little bit of fun out of the pro H&M sides' "arguments".

In saying that, Im totally open to accepting that there is a tiny chance that this is all one big comical misunderstanding. Maybe H&M are poor, misunderstood innocents in all this.

Sometimes one really does slip and land on a banana in a very particular way requiring a visit to the A&E.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I truly don't think the poster even believes in the saintliness of H&M

Good God no, she is clearly evil.

• Advertisement

Sometimes one really does slip and land on a banana in a very particular way requiring a visit to the A&E.

Especially if said banana is inscribed with a motivational phrase, written with a Sharpie 😀

Wasn’t it something like “Will catch you for cocktails in Montecito sometime if you ever make it out of the gutter” ? 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Catherine's really gotten under someone's skin that she is constantly the target of these "leaks"

It's probably payback from Meghan's jealousy of her and how Catherine glared at her in Windsor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I just want to clarify my earlier comment. I don't mean it to come across as well, mean or judgy, that is not intended at all. For a long time, I dealt with actual narcissists who argued in a similar fashion, ignoring facts, constantly deflecting, ignoring situations that didn't suit their narrative etc, twisting half-truths into something entirely different.

I think that's why H&M caught my attention in the first place, they displayed that same classic manipulative, narcissistic behaviour I had known but played out in public. I literally couldn't give any less of a sh1t about the RF but the carry on of those two really struck a familiar chord.

Im not suggesting for a moment that anyone in here is a narcissist by the way. I had been mapping my own experience to what I was reading which for a time did annoy me so that's all down to me. I guess I was trying to say that I find this thread entertaining in a strange way.

It’s a strange relationship, him and H&M- I reckon they used each other but likely the “friendship” has ended now- he’s past his usefulness -

this book sounds like the discarded remnants of his first book that didn’t make the print coupled with some bitchy narration from Scabies scraped from tabloid stories from the last few years - the timing of course couldn’t be worse considering Me-gain is now on a “positive only” PR diet and especially as Harry appears to be trying to get in the good books of the King.

If I were William /Kate though, I’d still be fckin livid with him - don’t see any thaw in that relationship any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Sorry, what was there to mock? How does anyone even know that the singer has autism? What did the singer do that indicated that she is authistic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Calling people narcissists seems to be part of the far right and 'patriots' playbook. Really interesting.

Advertisement