Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Why wouldn’t their Ukrainian insurance cover them here? AFAIK 3rd party liability insurance cover follows you across the EU.

You only need to exchange your licence and tax etc after a year also iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭Cordell

No, EU insurance only covers you when traveling, not when you take up residence in a different country. And Ukraine is not in the EU anyway. You absolutely need to register and and insure your car in Ireland as soon as you become a resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Sure I'm well used to having comments scrubbed even though I'm not saying anything that's breaking the rules of any of the charters! Some people can't handle differing viewpoints and want the whole forum to be one big echo chamber it seems. You're never going to get everyone to agree on hot button issues. As long as nothing discriminatory is being said, I can't see what the issue is. But c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

An absolutely toxic industry.

Disgusting for the fish, the water & the consumer.

You’ll get more health benefit’s by not eating that muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

If you experience "hanger" and can't control your emotions and state it like it's some funny quirk about yourself, you're a loser.

What? It's a little bit past your meal time, oh you have to miss ONE MEAL out of the thousands you've had over your life. You can't regulate your mood and emotions because your little tummy is beginning to pang.

As if hunger wasn't the base feeling for humanity for literally thousands of years. Where a bad harvest, rationing, or a failed hunting expedition meant tough, that's it, you'll have to go without food for a bit. Then if you didn't have money to get food, you simply worked until you had enough to get bread to eat.

Grow the F up. It's a bit of hunger and if you come after me with a mood as if you have some justification because "me hungry" I will rightly rip the piss out of you about it.

You're not suffering, you're hungry, and guess what! YOU'LL BE FINE FOR ANOTHER HOUR OR TWO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,281 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Crisps/potatoes don't belong in Sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Similar could be said for most affordable food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭Tork

Women who describe themselves as mother of six etc. should get in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I always thought hanger was a light hearted term. Didn't think people actually got pre-Snickers style different if they haven't eaten...

If you can't function in the mornings without coffee, you're a drug addict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,281 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd be neutral on that choice

Wouldn't be having it all the time but do like those Tesco Chicken and Stuffing sandwiches. If I was making my own i wouldn't be putting it in it

Still pissed off that Carrols don't do the Billy roll at the counters anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

Or if they describe themselves as a ''Full Time Mommy''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

People should be allowed build a log cabin if council’s can’t offer them accommodation.

• There’s plenty of affordable fish coming in off the boats daily. If salmon is too expensive try sea trout.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otagepingi

I'm pro free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Research how the farms are run and the state of the fish from the lice.

Better to get wild fish from the boats. At least they are not pumped full of medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

Probably has bene said before, but most Irish comedians are not actually that funny. You'll get a laugh out of them in a "a sure they're giving it a go, fair play to them" kind of way, but most of them think being funny is running off a stream of curse words while shouting into the microphone.

As an aside, there's not too much thought to comedians jokes any more. They seem to becoming more bland with every year. Some lads are good, but a lot of the really good ones are either aging (Dave Chappelle), the gimmick has worn off a bit (Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey, Jim Jeffries), or you just have had too much of them (Frankie Boyle), but can still raise a chuckle. But at least they had some real thought to their jokes over the years, the newer generation seem too scared they'll be cancelled to properly think, or build a joke properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

A Ronald Mac Donald clown officially certified by MacDonalds college is better than any Santa Claus role certified through the most prestigious Christmas business.

A Ronald MacDonald clown can get work all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Take all emotion and impulsiveness out of it and Enoch Burke and his family are completely in the right and have articulated their positions better than anyone on the other side. I admire their convictions and the stand they take for their principles.

They're not very likeable on the face of it but being right isn't a popularity contest.

No, they're not. They're not standing up for their religion, or principle of their religion. They are simply wanting to impose the idea that their religious beliefs are to be held above work practices and the law. At every step of this process, Enoch Burke and his family have been wrong in their interpretation and wrong in their reaction.

They just will not admit it because they're simply ignorant boors trapped in a cultish way of thinking, albeit well educated. They are, fundamentally, just ignorant people. And ignorant people should not be admired, and in this instance, certainly not right.

• Advertisement

The GAA, with the money involved now, is rapidly disappearing up it's ar5e, and only for the promotion of the club championship by TG4 over the years, would have lost touch with the community aspect of their ideals. The sports, while still entertaining at times, are becoming more robotic (particularly football), while hurling has abandoned so many rules you effectively have to be a cheat to play at the highest level.

Semi-professionalism, tragically, is killing the spirit of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,160 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Crisps especially.

A crisp sandwich is like something a child would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

You should have to pass a test to have a child. If you have no desire to raise a child, or the means to support it, then you shouldn't be having one - it's cruel and unfair on the innocent child, and they generally grow up in a hopeless environment, and the cycle continues.

In this country, you need a licence for a dog but you can fire kids out every year and then expect society to support them - more kids... more moolah, bigger gaff - sure get them diagnosed with ADHD, and boom, you're getting the DLA and more moolah (fcuk the stigma the kid receives, it's more cash).

I'm not talking about people who have kids and have fallen upon hard times or those who are willing to work but on low salaries... I'm referring to those who treat the safety net of social welfare as a lifestyle choice. The ones who let their kids run feral whilst they spend their entire day in pajamas, or slouched in front of the TV as they increase the size of their child farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Here in germany every pre packed sandwich is pure shite. I always buy a chicken and stuffing one when I'm home.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's a separate enoch burke thread in current affairs and I'm sure people will put you right there. But....

They haven't articulated anything. They've shouted at teachers, police and judges. They've ignored every possible legal route they had for complaining and have taken the wrong path everytime.

I personally think that there is an interesting legal discussion to be had about whether a teacher should ignore their own beliefs. If a teacher was LGBT should they be forced to say that being gay is sinful in a catholic school. Or is the converse ok? Should a teacher who thinks it's sinful be forced to say it's ok? There's a line between personal beliefs, what their job demands and their responsibilities to students.

But to be clear, Enoch Burke has not ever been articulate. Rather than pursuing the legal means at his disposal, he shouted and harassed and that's why he's suspended and in jail.

I won't reply again here because i don't want to drive a thread off topic (and I'm sure that no-one here wants this to descent into another trans thread), but if you feel up to it, I have no trouble discussing it in CA.

I personally think that there is an interesting legal discussion to be had about whether a teacher should ignore their own beliefs

Absolutely 100% yes. If your beliefs interfere with your work duties and workplace rules you need to find another job. Or another set of beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Suckler

A friend of mines a teacher; she has the usual suspects you mention queueing at her door to assist them in having their children diagnosed labelled with Autism and other various conditions. Like you mentioned it's a potential top-up on their income but it also vindicates their shite parenting.

• to be fair a dog licence doesn’t require a competency evaluation either it just costs a fee.

Either for its lifetime or annually.

I don't pay my dog license. Why would I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

Don't forgoet if you don't get a bigger house you can just prepend you'er ''homeless'' and tell your sob story to the media.

Advertisement