Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Its more insulting for you to tell people how they should feel.

if people are scared because mobs of scrotes are shouting 'send them home ' then who are you to tell them how they should feel about that? Of course people, especially children would be scared by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm free to have an opinion about their statements. Because they aren't feeling unsafe here, let's be serious, they are just grifting. They are from South Africa, THAT is a very unsafe country - and maybe let's not discuss who is actually unsafe there. And if children are feeling unsafe here it's because of their parents. There are no racist mobs out for blood in Ireland, the one rioting were just scumbags of various colors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So, not only do you get to tell people how to feel, you actually really know how they feel!

'They aren't feeling unsafe because they are just grifting'

It's great that you can tell us the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

5 years of the shinners in power after the next election when you can be sure nobody will be deported and the economic migrants with no passports arriving on a weekly basis.

Its going to be absolute carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe all our guards and friends will have nothing but positive things to say about it like the sweedes.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Rody is wrong, worrying a man in his position is that uninformed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

The shinners are absolute crap in opposition, they're all for open borders, letting people in without documentation, won't be getting my vote, or FFG or Greens, who will I vote? I won't, for the first time ever I won't vote based on current parties manifestos, no-one has my interests , political parties probably love that, they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Exactly.

They win anyway. If you dont vote, you dont count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Solution to immigration crisis. Stop the pricks higher up benefiting financially from this so called crisis. (Like all previous crisis l might add)Which btw could be stopped tommorow which is due only to political class either being influenced or corrupted by eu political aspirations, big business (these dudes)or guilt tripped by NGOs. (Which also benefit by taxpayer monies hence the ear of government being held close)

Post edited by Mr. teddywinkles on

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

What I have heard (from admittedly right wing media sources) is that Ireland is sort of unique in its speed of transition into multicultural society.

The UK is very multicultural but it's been a slower process

Sweden has been quicker probably than the UK.

I think Ireland is going down the road previously taken by Sweden at break neck speed.

• Advertisement

The guards are going to have a very, very difficult job going forward that is for sure. Whether that be from home grown deprived or imported it's going to be hell for them.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No discussion of the stabbings or alleged perpetrator permitted. No discussion of the resultant riots on Thursday permitted.

Any questions PM me - do not reply to this post in threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭TokTik

The only thing that Lucky lad ever feels is opportunistic

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

What if I told you that SF are going to increase all types of immigration and will raise taxes.

Cause that's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I wont be voting for SF for other reasons but how do you get that they are going to increase immigration?

Their ardfheis spent more time dealing with the issue of Palestine than anything else. I've never heard their leadership raise concern about immigration or the lack of checks (even basic ones like having a passport).

And immigration is an open goal right now. The fact that they won't take a shot shows exactly where their ideology lies.

Mar Lou also explicitly said it on a radio interview "you can't put a limit on numbers"

Believe me Sinn Fein would be worse than useless on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What happened with Sinn Féin? they used to advocate for the interests of the Irish people, they've let us down!

And another thing, off topic, A few months ago a judge let a person off with a knife crime, in a make believe trial, this person went on to attack and seriously injure people recently... This judge has blood on his hands!  

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Maybe 'the Irish people' are not represented by people on social media / this thread and the present people in the Dáil ARE ? Just maybe ?

On another note two of the people who fought off the knife attacker the other day were immigrants .

One was a Brazilian deliveroo rider and the other a Brazilian working in IT . Another was Siobhan Kearney from Dublin .

Good news ,heroes all .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Well the two thirds polled the other day say different. And that was just Ukrainians.

They want to say it but they are shite bags and won't say it for fear of being ridiculed by thier peers.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,589 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sometimes it’s like the main parties don’t believe the public when they say “immigration is a problem - solutions please?”.

The politicians just want to brush it over and out and hopefully distract the public with something else.

Thanks ophorceo for the link. Can only read first paragraph though.

Ukrainians . There are a lot of them .

You think that readers of The Business Post represent " the Irish People " then , more than those elected to the Dail?

I would not agree but that is a serious number all the same .

To take it seriously I would like to see all the questions though in these RedC polls which they don't publish, only the headline grabbers until after the fact .

It also would be interesting to see if these readers poll in favour of the riots or not .

Did they ask that question?

I would say that across the electorate that would get a resounding NO .

Is that behind a paywall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

You forgot about Warren Donohue, but it seems like a lot of people did.

When people voted last time there was about 7 thousand non EU migrants so wasn't really a talking point in the 2020 election.

Things are very different now, even a few years ago I'd have said it would be another 10 to 15 years before we caught up with the rest of Europe but we are heading in that direction at break neck speed in the last year and a half and there is no sign of it slowing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I see Mary Lou was accosted by a gang tonight. I have always maintained that SF is electorally highly vulnerable in the communities these complete lunatics reside and are stirring up trouble in. I think their immigration stance is way out of step with their working class voter base.

I have always seen it as a really odd anomaly.

I think 85% of their voters in the latest poll said immigration concerned them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mary Lou Mcdonald hassled by people while getting into her car in Eastwall. Videos on X.

These people using the Paul Murphy style of harassment as a "protest".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement