Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hydraulic transport box

• 19-11-2023 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Look to get a hydraulic transport box for 65hp 2wd tractor. What size box would it handle. Was thinking 6'6" as could take 6ft fence stakes etc. But maybe too big.

Any taughts or recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭148multi

First get what ever width your tractor is, if it's 7' go that size.

If it's smaller than 6'6", then go with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'd say the standard 5 ft box would be big enough for that size tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

Measure the width of your tractor. Ideally, the box should be the same width, or a few inches wider. Do not get one that's narrower than your tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'd imagine it's when you are pushing back like cleaning a shed. The tyres would be hitting the side walls.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭kk.man

If its the same width as the rear tractor wheels you can reverse in far (ex a pile of gravel) so box and tractor at same ground level plus you get a decent load in the scoop/box. A much cleaner efficient job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

More or less as the two previous replies stated. Basically, anything that you're reversing into, be it cleaning or levelling. Another good example is clearing the growth on the side of a road. The wheel of the tractor is travelling on the bank, pushing muck and dirt down onto what you've cleared.

Unfortunately, I'm speaking from experience here... When I bought my powerbox, it was a perfect match for the tractor I had at the time. It's narrower than my current tractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, I understand the advantage of it being the same width as the tractor. But the OP's tractor is only 65hp and two wheel drive. If you've a heavy box there won't be much ballast left for the load. He doesn't have four wheel drive to push a wide face into any load.

Advertisement