Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Started playing Generation Zero yesterday. Loving it so far. The playstation plus subscription is so worth it. Really getting stuck into this.

I'm gonna treat myself to the new Assassin's Creed or Alan Wake game for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,024 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Gotham Knights.

Just finished the first case and I think there's too much in it. Maybe it's them giving too much information but there seem to be loads of different systems and things you need to do to unlock other things. Like don't have the glider yet but will see what has to be done to get it. I know it was supposedly originally meant as a live service game.

Hopefully will get used to it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Little Nightmares II - If you liked the first one, you'll also like this. It's really creepy rather than scary but incredible fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,024 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Horizon Forbidden West yesterday. Funny her meeting all these characters from the first game that I don't remember since been a while since I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

God of War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

One of the best out there, Ragnarok feels like version 1.2 of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jumping off a few games. Finished the campaign in Teardown, giving the free expansion a go but it ramps up the difficulty! Plugging away at PC Building Sim too, inbetween sessions of other games. Another hold X simulator, but I'm just about to get into the liquid cooling and OC'ing side of it. Kinda interesting tbh. Makes the job look easy though... If only there was a single catch all quick anti-virus program that completely cleaned your PC in seconds every time!

Main game I'm playing is Atlas Fallen. Open world 3rd person brawler with sand powers, it's pretty good I think. The combat system is unique, insofar as it has a 3 bar gauge, and when you fill it up with momentum from attacking, it powers up your weapons, so the fists turn into 4 arms, the axe turns into a massive hammer, etc. And again at the third section. This increases your damage, but the more momentum you have the more damage you take. You can cash it all in with a massive attack which also evolves depending on how much momentum you have. Also tied to it are your buffs and weapon skills. And then your armor is levelled up a la God of War style, with each one having different further buffs and an extra buff at it's fully upgraded version (3 upgrades each so far). You've to collect some misty stuff to upgrade them, and you get that from beating enemies and other minor ways. But each time you level up armor, you get a perk unlock point for even further buffs!!! And I haven't even mentioned the amount of different skills/buffs you collect/unlock for the combat ("artifacts")- I must have about 50 at this stage and you can equip 12. A serious amount of variety availble if you're into those kinda things (some of them are cursed and do bad and good things).

It's a collectors dream, I'm constantly doing something. Finding/rising chests and getting either things to sell (in order to buy treasure maps, artifacts, upgrade items, etc) or more Artifacts. There are challenges where yo've to rise beacons in order, hidden treasure, lore items, combat challenges which can be very hard. Enemy variety isn't a lot, but they're fun to fight. Each has weakpoints that need to be destroyed in any order. Combat can be ground or air based, with 2 of the eventual 4 weapon types able to be equipped together and they chain attacks. You can quickly swap between 3 different builds on the fly. It's meaty especially once you start building up momentum, and the change when you get to the next bar is visually stunning imo. It's more hack n slash but I'd say you'd need to be a lot more carful on higher difficulties. You have a dodge and a parry to be used at the right times and parrying slowly crystalises your enemies (basically momentarily freeze, but they're made of sand so they crystalise).

It sounds like a lot, but it builds up naturally so not that hard to keep on top of, except maybe the sheer amount of Artifacts available. Graphically, it's pretty good, playing it with 120hz enabled and it's smooth most the time, crazy combat with massive amounts of particles aside. It does have this grainy look, but I believe that's due to the performance downgrade so I'm ok with it. It's also a sand game set on sand with sand powers and sand enemies, so lots of sand and thus quite sandy coloured. Acting is grand, story is passable and doesn't hold you up too long. Lots of side quests if you're into it. Picked it up for around €55 and I think it's worth it. Don't judge it too much and you'll enjoy it. Like Forspoken in a sense, just with a slightly less annoying story/acting but slightly inferior visuals. I'd put them on the same level, just behind Immortals of Aveum. Gonna call these the trilogy, as they're all pretty alright games that got ignored or judged before people played them. It's getting scores of 6-9 so take that as what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Attempted to start Death Stranding recently but after a few hours I realised it wasn't for me.

I've now moved on to Ratchet & Clank 2016 (very different game I know). Enjoyable game. Not paying much attention to storyline but some of the dialogue is pretty funny to be fair.

Playing on Portal and it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've always been tempted to go back to Death Stranding. Quit somewhere around the halfway mark. I enjoyed most of the gameplay, building roads and other methods of traversal, just wandering around making my deliveries. But I just hated the combat and fighting both the BTs and the people in camps and stuff to the point where I just didn't want to play any more.

I'd say you need, unfortunately, 3 hours of gameplay for it to make 'sense', wonderful game but isn't for all

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm replaying it at the moment on easy purely to get past bt's and mules quicker. It's fantastic to traverse around the story ramps up big time after the half way point where i couldn't go back to regular deliveries as I was so intrigued by the story, had to see it through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

Loved Death Stranding. Finally loaded the directors cut and copied over my PS4 saves. Kinda stuck on what to do now.

Lough Mohra, which is a lake high up in the mountains reminded me so much of game when I walked it a few years ago. The picture I took doesn't do it justice. The hill on the right is very steep and I was thinking of BT's as I approached. Wife hasn't a notion what I was prattling on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

South Park The Fractured But Whole. Not nearly as enjoyable as the stick of truth but still good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Huge game... thought it would only be 8 hours max or something, took me about 30+ hours

Played it years ago but never finished it, lent it to a friend and never got it back. Was probably over 3/4's through it and really enjoyed it. Wouldn't normally go for games with that gameplay type but it was great fun.

Wow, OK, didn't realise it was that long. TSOT was alot shorter.

Finished Ratchet & Clank 2016. Decent game. Enjoyed it but nothing amazing. So now the decision for the next game: GoW Ragnarok, Uncharted 4 or Ghost of Tsushima. Leaning towards Uncharted as it's shorter and I'll have more time for one of the others over the christmas break.

Gave Lego 2K Pay Drive a go. Can't sign into my 2K account, nothing working for me and it's giving me an error when trying to reset my password. So I can't go online, ie: I can't look at all the things it keeps telling me to check out. I've also had to do 3 races with my "friends", but not being online meant they were solo races. Gameplay seems ok, but it has that overbearing 2K "Spend spend spend" mentality looming over you at all times. So I may not be giving it a fair chance. The building was... frustrating. The camera was all over the place. I dunno, it's not clicking with me and I hate 2K so I don't think I'll get much more out of it. I've given up trying to go online so the game probably doesn't want me playing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

I bought a year of PS Plus Extra back in June in the sales and finally have a chance to give it some proper time.

Right now I'm replaying Miles Morales (NG+ in order to get platinum) with a view to get stuck into Spiderman 2 over Christmas.

If anyone has some recommendations for anything nice and open world on Extra tier I'd love to hear it. This year I've done Far Cry Primal on it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Days Gone is one of my favourites. It gets a marmite reaction, but you'll know early on which camp you are in, defo worth giving it a spin

Almost finished Uncharted 4. Absolutely love it, I think this is now a close contender for my favourite series ever. Looking forward to beating it but will also be sad its over.

Next game to play after that is between GTA V or Ghost of Tsushima.

Dead Island 2, tremendous fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Damien360

Moto GP23. It's available for plus. Looks good, acceleration is good, brakes are really poor. Struggling to get into it and I love racing games. So different to car handling. Set to novice and still can't get the hang of it.

Just finished the Phantom Liberty expansion to Cyberpunk. It's so so good, however I was under the assumption that it was a completely stand alone storyline but you can actually end the whole game completely by following the PL story to it's conclusion (provided to make the same decisions in game as me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Wailin

Great game. If i have a complaint its that i found it a little repetitive. But the first time you encounter a horde when not expecting it.....very good!

Playseat Challenge arrived today, so will be playing plenty of VR and non-VR GT7 for the Christmas week. Hoping to finish up Avatar, if I can just stop myself from getting distracted just exploring the place. Mate recommending Tinykin for ages, so will give that a bash too, and Metal Hellsinger is finally on PS+ and that shall be played also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Tinykin is one of my gaming highlights this year, a real hidden gem, not to be missed

• Advertisement
Advertisement