Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

For an Irish poster you definitely seem to believe the worst in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I read that they were mainly women and children so what they are accused of I really don't know. Israel seems to have a thing about women and children anyway. It is odd that the numbers arrested almost exactly match the numbers released. Could be some kind of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭brickster69

Israeli Finance Minister saying 2 million Nazi's are in the West Bank region. They have totally lost the plot now that everyone can see it's narrative collapsing by the minute.

www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/smotrich-defends-boost-in-funds-for-settlers-saying-theyre-used-for-security-against-nazi-palestinians/

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

There was not a thread with this level of interaction when Assad was barrel bombing civilians, engaging in wholesale murder and destruction of cities

Just what is it about those Israelis that sparks so much debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess the Irish love a good debate and the Israeli defenders here are always good for that. The threads on boards that don't have viciscerous opinions on both sides just die a quick death.

Amazing how among the pro israeli side how quickly they have just become anti-irish claiming antisemitism is rife here just because the majority here doesn't agree with their opinion.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

2 million Nazi's in the West Bank and they are bombing innocent non-Nazi women and children in Gaza.

Israel looked to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and saw how effective Ukraine have been on the PR front.... And then went with Russia's PR stance instead. We're at the stage where they just spew anything and everything to see what sticks.

Of course the Palestinians would be better off without Hamas but because of all the deaths they are actually strengthening them and ensuring their future. Youngsters seeing their brothers, sisters and parents die under the 40% of buildings that have been levelled will probably queue up to join Hamas (or whatever organisation replaces them) in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ah ok, sure what happened on October 7th wasn't as bad so

These are your words, not mine.

But just so you know, there was very specific conversation on here in the weeks after Oct 7th where people were arguing that because 40 babies had been beheaded that Israel's response was justified.

We now know that 40 babies had not been beheaded and so is relevant to point out that if people were justifying a response on a falsehood, then surely they should reconsider their support for that response.

It was posted by international news organizations and I've seen no tweets or responses refuting its content.

Neither have you or you'd be posting them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

This thing about women and children, they're not considered adults until they are 18 years old. And its taboo to ill treat women of any age (and rightly so). And Hamaz make major propaganda out of " Look at the big bad Israelis, arresting and brutalizing Women and Children from Gaza" There's a scene from American Sniper, where Chris spots an Iraqi watching an American patrol through binoculars, and alerts the convoy and HQ. Then the man vanishes, and Chris calls off the alert. But then a bourka clad woman appears with a small boy beside her and starts walking towards the patrol, and Chris again alerts the convoy and HQ, who warn him to use his discretion, and reminds him that its 11 years imprisonment for killing non-combatant's. Chris keeps his attention on the pair, and as the woman is not swinging her arms, he decides that she's carrying something. This is confirmed when as the near the convoy, she pulls a bomb out from underneath her Abaya, and hands it to her son. As the child walks towards the convoy, Chris kills him. Then the woman runs forward, picks up the bomb and also heads for the convoy before Chris kills her too. The point is that shouting "FOUL" when the Israelis kill of capture Palestinian women and children, it's because they have plenty of experience of just what these Women and Children are capable of. In an equal world of course, neither Hamas or any other terrorist (or other) organizations would use women and children as cannon fodder, but in the real world, that's not how the game is played. Unfortunately. There was a case in one country that I was in, where the inhuman bastards placed a suicide belt on a 7- 8-year-old girl, completely hidden under her abaya, and sent her down the street to a checkpoint. In this case, she was lucky because the soldiers were alert, and managed to disarm the belt. But it goes to show, under these circumstances, with a crowd of women and children taunting and throwing stones etc.....is one of them carrying something more lethal? Yet the world jumps in (as its meant to do) with condemnation of the merciless behavior of the Israeli's, while completely ignoring just why the Israelies are behaving like that?

• Advertisement

I never saw anything like that when I was in the FCA years ago 😂🤣

You are right when you say that Hamas / Gaza Palestinians have been attacking Israel for years, and Israel has been responding accordingly, and it could have well continued like this, until Hamaz decided to up the ante, and launched a brutal, murderous attack, which would trigger the response that they knew it would, all-out war in other words. Which it has done. And now the problem is that while it was relatively easy to start this war, it's going to be far from easy to stop it.

Had you been to a few of the places that I was in, you would have seen more than that......and not only seen it but heard it too!😦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There are still people being held. You know full well they can't/won't refute anything and jeopardize their safety or release. Or maybe you just are that naive.

Just like the hostages on camera waving goodbye to their captors while a Hamas gunman tells them to keep smiling. They loved it and had a great time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Total strawman.

Any excuse to try to rehabilitate Hamas and somehow blame Israel even when Hamas murdered, mutilated and raped civilians. A rampage whose defenceless victims are of all ages.

Find us the post where someone justified the response based solely on that claim.

Well... where is it?

Or did you just invent your own falsehood?

And that would prove your entire argument to be hypocritical.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very handy for Hamas, a bit coincidental that they don't control all the hostages.

You might point me to a single post that said Israel's response was justified because 40 babies were beheaded. I don't recall it and you wouldn't make things up so you might link it please.

That might go some way to explain your lack of understanding of the complexity of the situation.

Can’t see the funny in your response.

We Irish can claim credit for this proxy bomb tactic.

It spread from Northern Ireland to FARC to Syria, and now it seems Hamas. To be fair, when it started, the PIRA threatened the family to get the man of the house to carry the bomb and didn't put the women and children in mortal danger.

It is working out exactly as Hamas planned it to. Poke the wasp's nest hard enough, and they will swarm out and attack you. And make no mistake, Hamas knew exactly what it was doing, down to the public outcry about innocent civilians being killed and injured in the ensueing bombing. Makes for great propaganda in the Arab world, and condemnation of Israeli brutality in the west. Exactly as planned by Hamas.

• Advertisement

Nobody is suggesting that women or girls aren't capable of harmful or evil acts. So are some children, though not of their own free will maybe for obvious reasons.

But it is a common understanding that 'most' combatants are not female (or children) and Israel frequently behaves as if this is not the case.

They are entitled to defend themselves, but they continuously behave in a disproportionate manner for the risks individuals are likely to be to them. Leaving aside their actions in provocation.

It has been quite outstanding how they have managed the propaganda and how they keep it going even as one lie after another is revealed:

(1) There are no tunnels

(2) There are tunnels but there are no tunnels under hospitals and schools

(3) There are tunnels including under hospitals but they were built by the Israelis

(4) There are tunnels including under hospitals originally built by Israelis and augmented by Hamas but they are not used as command centres

(5) There are tunnels including under hospitals originally built by Israelis and augmented by Hamas that were used as command centres but not anymore

And so the lie evolves, and people keep swallowing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah but they probably don't say things Jews are controlling Hollywood to put out propaganda and working behind the scenes of world governments. That Jews covet everything and have "greedy hands" and that they killed Jesus so don't deserve support. All that has been on this thread. Would you not agree that is anti semitic?

A lot of people try to hide their anti semitism behind a mask of"anti Zionism" but it always comes out

This is a one time thing only where I run off to do your bidding.

What do you think Nethanyahu was planning when he said that an emboldened Hamas was key to Israels goals?

That isn't what you claimed, that was a post talking in the abstract, not in the practical reality of what happened. What it said is quite clear, that beheading children is less callous than an air strike, but less callous doesn't mean justification. I think you didn't understand the post.

I quoted the case where a young girl of 7 or 8 had an explosive belt strapped onto her and hidden by her Abaya. Only for the experience of the soldiers manning the checkpoint, they would all have been blown to kingdom come. Now, if you were manning that checkpoint, how would you react to anyone approaching? Personally, I'd treat everything approaching as hostile. Vehicle, Man Waman, Child. or Animal as a threat until proven otherwise. And in the current war situation between Israel and Palestine, doubly so.

Lol. This is laughable, and unexpected.

As I said, one time only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Given Germany's history of the Nazis and the Holocaust, they only got one choice: Supporting Israel. Modern Germany will always have a moral obligation to support Israel.

• Advertisement

You said and I quote:

"there was very specific conversation on here in the weeks after Oct 7th where people were arguing that because 40 babies had been beheaded that Israel's response was justified."

The post you produced in response said nothing like that. All it said was that one type of activity was less callous than another type of activity. It did not seek to justify Israel's reponse in a very specific manner.

As I said, you do not appear to have understood the post.

Advertisement