Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭jmreire

It is working out exactly as Hamas planned it to. Poke the wasp's nest hard enough, and they will swarm out and attack you. And make no mistake, Hamas knew exactly what it was doing, down to the public outcry about innocent civilians being killed and injured in the ensueing bombing. Makes for great propaganda in the Arab world, and condemnation of Israeli brutality in the west. Exactly as planned by Hamas.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Nobody is suggesting that women or girls aren't capable of harmful or evil acts. So are some children, though not of their own free will maybe for obvious reasons.

But it is a common understanding that 'most' combatants are not female (or children) and Israel frequently behaves as if this is not the case.

They are entitled to defend themselves, but they continuously behave in a disproportionate manner for the risks individuals are likely to be to them. Leaving aside their actions in provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,682 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It has been quite outstanding how they have managed the propaganda and how they keep it going even as one lie after another is revealed:

(1) There are no tunnels

(2) There are tunnels but there are no tunnels under hospitals and schools

(3) There are tunnels including under hospitals but they were built by the Israelis

(4) There are tunnels including under hospitals originally built by Israelis and augmented by Hamas but they are not used as command centres

(5) There are tunnels including under hospitals originally built by Israelis and augmented by Hamas that were used as command centres but not anymore

And so the lie evolves, and people keep swallowing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah but they probably don't say things Jews are controlling Hollywood to put out propaganda and working behind the scenes of world governments. That Jews covet everything and have "greedy hands" and that they killed Jesus so don't deserve support. All that has been on this thread. Would you not agree that is anti semitic?

A lot of people try to hide their anti semitism behind a mask of"anti Zionism" but it always comes out

This is a one time thing only where I run off to do your bidding.

• Advertisement

What do you think Nethanyahu was planning when he said that an emboldened Hamas was key to Israels goals?

That isn't what you claimed, that was a post talking in the abstract, not in the practical reality of what happened. What it said is quite clear, that beheading children is less callous than an air strike, but less callous doesn't mean justification. I think you didn't understand the post.

I quoted the case where a young girl of 7 or 8 had an explosive belt strapped onto her and hidden by her Abaya. Only for the experience of the soldiers manning the checkpoint, they would all have been blown to kingdom come. Now, if you were manning that checkpoint, how would you react to anyone approaching? Personally, I'd treat everything approaching as hostile. Vehicle, Man Waman, Child. or Animal as a threat until proven otherwise. And in the current war situation between Israel and Palestine, doubly so.

Lol. This is laughable, and unexpected.

As I said, one time only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Given Germany's history of the Nazis and the Holocaust, they only got one choice: Supporting Israel. Modern Germany will always have a moral obligation to support Israel.

• Advertisement

You said and I quote:

"there was very specific conversation on here in the weeks after Oct 7th where people were arguing that because 40 babies had been beheaded that Israel's response was justified."

The post you produced in response said nothing like that. All it said was that one type of activity was less callous than another type of activity. It did not seek to justify Israel's reponse in a very specific manner.

As I said, you do not appear to have understood the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭tinytobe

If your neighbour doubts your existence and throws rocks from his garden into yours, you do have the right to defend yourself. Even worse, if other atrocities happen, murders, even of babies.

And if Hamas or Hezbollah are attacking Israel, nobody walk around with an Israeli flag in support of Israel and it's people.

Or look at Iran, this country doesn't even border Israel, but yet again Iran always threatens Israel by whatever means.

That just disproves your point, the threadbanned poster you are quoting was not an Israeli supporter, and was not making the claim you are trying to find in that post.

Blanch, early on since the 7th, I have said that I would prefer to wait a few weeks (or even months if needed) to get the real story about the tunnels. First casualty of any war is the truth. And I still hold to that. Is Israel telling the truth or not? I do not know. Is Hamas telling the truth or not? I do not know. Both sides will tell you what they want you to hear, and that's the only truth you can depend on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You must know by now the agenda takes precedence over comprehension. Hence the whole "lost" rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,519 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf hes really trapped himself in a corner this time so hes getting desperate.

I would not be surprised if it turns out that the tunnel system is significantly less extensive than claimed.

I’d think that Hamas were perfectly happy to let the Israeli’s big up the claims and offer no correction. It would make them appear more powerful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It works both waysm Israel has been displacing people , attacking people and locking people up while annexing land they have no legal right to do. Israel has imprisoned children over the years, beaten some to near death, left countless homeless. They're not good. Neither are hamas. 2sides of the same coin at this stage and it's ordinary people on either side that suffer

Showing up at the un with a map that eradicats the existence of over 2 million people is not exactly acting in self defence.

October 7 was a horrible attrociity, but it was not the beginning of this, only it has been use by Israel, wrongly, as a licence to slaughter people hoping everyone would forget theyve also been acting like complete and utter shitheads for decades

Tell me the lie here

• 15k+ Palestinians killed,
    • 5K+ of them children.
    • 1-2K total Hamas fighters killed (Israel estimates)
    • 30k+ injured
    • 1M+ Displaced

But you go ahead and deflect and twist all you want to avoid these realities because 800 Israelis died at the hands of Hamas.

What I posted is exactly what happened as I see it. I do not know what Netanyahu planned or not, but if he did, then whatever it was, it has worked beyond his wildest dreams. It's now gone into a beyond dreams and into a nightmare state.

• Advertisement

Well, I have set out how the Hamas propaganda on here about the tunnels has already evolved. Each time something new is revealed about the tunnels (remember they didn't exist at all according to the doctors in the hospital), the story adapts and changes.

All you guys try to paint anyone on here who is appalled at Israels behaviour as being Hamas supporters are in no position to tell us how to interpret such a post. I'm not trying to find anything.

Israel has told you what it is doing, and you still refuse to accept it, of course you're going to twist yourselves in to knots to avoid accepting what was said on here.

It was pretty clear your post bore no relationship to the point you were trying to make. Not too much to interpret.

I wouldn’t suggest that you support Hamas, but you have to be pretty gullible to be sucked in by their propaganda. This is what they wanted. They welcome every single death.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

https://www.timesofisrael.com/keep-waving-daily-hamas-propaganda-clips-show-freed-hostages-forced-goodbyes/

The other side of the Hamas aren’t so bad argument and it’s still early days.

As I said, I'm waiting until concrete (excuse the pun) information emerges about the tunnels. But to my mind, when Hamas was able to launch 3'000 missiles in one day, and another 7'000 in the following days, that speaks volumes to me. It meant that Hamas managed to store at least 10'000 missiles (but most likely more) underground, plus the coordination needed to transfer them from storage to their firing point. So, 3'000 in 24 hours = 125 per hour. This took organization, but they have had plenty of practice over the years. The bottom line is, they managed to do it, and no doubt they would still be doing it only for the IDF is slowly shutting down their tunnel operations.

Yep. It's called "The Evolution of the Truth."

It absolutely matched up pretty much exactly with the point I was try to make.

I said that people had used the manner of the deaths in the Hamas attack to justify Israels response. Here was poster saying that killing the same number of babies with a bomb was less callous. Ergo, the bomb is justified.

We've had every trick pulled here, claims of antisemitism, holocaust denial, Hamas supporter and so on. All to justify Israels brutal excessive and illegal response. Not saying you're doing, others have, including some asking me to run off and find posts.

I'm not sucked in by anything. All comments I make are in relation to events published somewhere, mostly with video evidence. Ignoring all such events because of a set mind as to what happened on Oct 7th only comes across as prejudiced.

Sorry to break it to you, but just because you see something published doesn’t necessarily make it true and unbiased. If you don’t accept that you can be influenced then you won’t notice it happening.

BTW the post you quoted was putting up an argument and seeking confirmation. Classic strawman stuff. If you can’t see that, there is little hope for you.

You're breaking nothing, I never said it did, I don't post anything (or at least I try not to) that I haven't seen from at least 2 different accounts.

And the same goes by the way with respect to Pro-Israeli events/broadcasts even when it is coming from the mouth of an official, that doesn't make it true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No, the hamas supporters/sympathisers are the ones who continually downplay their actions and atrocities and are now trying to paint them as not so bad with regards to the treatment of hostages.

By the way, that news report didn't say that 40 babies were beheaded, it said 40 babies/children were killed and some were beheaded. But sure, it wasnt exactly 40 kids that had their heads removed so hamas are a great bunch of lads 🙄

Advertisement