Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent farm accountant clare/limerick

• 20-06-2016 8:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

anyone recommend a good farm accountant in clare/limerick, PM me details

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

jfh wrote: »
    anyone recommend a good farm accountant in clare/limerick, PM me details

thanks

I have found ifac very good over the last few years, they have given us some very good advice on tax planning and succession. They are probably a more expensive though, not from that area so I am sure there are some very good private accountants in that area aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Curtin o'friel ennis..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

oxjkqg wrote: »
    Curtin o'friel ennis..
    they seem to be a big practice, do you use them yourself? are they expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

jfh wrote: »
    they seem to be a big practice, do you use them yourself? are they expensive

Yup use them myself but deal with 1 of the directors there, dont know how they compare to other accountants but for what he does i think there good value..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Thought I'd add to this rather than start a new post.
    How do those of you using IFAC find them?
    Is there anyone else in the Clare / Limerick area that people would recommend.
    I'd prefer someone familiar with farming. Nothing worst than having to explain the basics of farming to someone.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Someone give Lakill a nudge there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Someone give Lakill a nudge there!

stop getting me in trouble for no reason but ye cover the area seeing you asked

I thought you were a Westmeath man? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I thought you were a Westmeath man? :rolleyes:

He loves to burn diesel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

I'd prefer someone familiar with farming. Nothing worst than having to explain the basics of farming to someone.

Any follow up to this question lads. In the same area so need to try get someone organised.
    Parents have always been with IFAC but from what the mother was telling me there prices seemed ludicrous to do accounts for what was a small scale family farm. I know they would have the expertise when it comes to succession though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Ifac were a very competitive out fit but what I hear in kerry is that there prices have gone through the roof .I heard if you question it they take the high ground, in that they are so good at this and that .
    They have got alot of publicity in the journal over last number of years and seem to think they can now charge what ever they like .
    No offence but the law on account is there and ifac are not writing any new rules so I cannt see why any other accountant can apply his skill to deliver you options .
    I hear you could have a nice mid term break in the savings made by switching.is this problem nation wide .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Any follow up to this question lads. In the same area so need to try get someone organised.
    Parents have always been with IFAC but from what the mother was telling me there prices seemed ludicrous to do accounts for what was a small scale family farm. I know they would have the expertise when it comes to succession though.
    I was with IFAC up to last year, never again as I was getting an overpriced service. They wouldn't be great at giving advice either from my experience unless other offices are different. My accountant now is charging a fraction of what IFAC were charging and answers any queries I have.

I was shocked too when they quoted a price to me.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Might be a bit far from u but martin kennedy accountant in Nenagh is worth a punt .he is a dairy farmer /accountant .

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Might be a bit far from u but martin kennedy accountant in Nenagh is worth a punt .he is a dairy farmer/accountant .

Heard his name mentioned here before might have been yourself come to think of it. Wouldn't be that far from me at all.
    Am I wrong in thinking someone should be able to look after me for €200 - 300.
    Most I'll ever have here is 25-30 cattle on a low inputs basis so no major amount of transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Heard his name mentioned here before might have been yourself come to think of it. Wouldn't be that far from me at all.
    Am I wrong in thinking someone should be able to look after me for €200 - 300.
    Most I'll ever have here is 25-30 cattle on a low inputs basis so no major amount of transactions.

I would only have a few transactions as well, very simple accounts to be honest and my accountant is 400 - 500 plus VAT...
    (It was 400 plus VAT, but is keeping up the past two years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I would only have a few transactions as well, very simple accounts to be honest and my accountant is 400 - 500 plus VAT...
    (It was 400 plus VAT, but is keeping up the past two years)

That's as bout as cheap as you'll get anywhere. There's a bit of behind the scenes work involved, pulling a set of accounts together and going tax comps, not complicated, but time consuming, all adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Our accountant wouldn't be an agricultural practice and tbh honest I prefer that. I do the farming, allow them do the accounts and we then use their service for tax, business and inheritance planning.

Wouldn't ever use price as a decider on which firm I'd use

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Any recommendations in Clare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Sami23

Highly recommend SMM Bookkeeping & Tax Services

All correspondence can be done over email once you have your stuff in order.

Very reasonably priced also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Can anyone advise the accountant costs approx. for a transfer?

Advertisement