Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

No biggy, the blue check 4Chan users will cover the losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Musk seems to have forgotten that if buyers no longer want the product he's selling that's entirely HIS problem to solve.

Business mastermind tho

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

That's so epic when he expects people to clap but nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He seems to be in some sort of downward spiral

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The real hilarious part is that the more money Twitter loses, Musk will probably reach out to Saudi investors.

Then he'll start to find out what blackmail really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The proles are too dumb to comprehend his 5D chess moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

Lol poor Linda in damage control mode

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Specialized work and I'm guessing there's a limit to the size of the job market for it there. But striking is an inherent right in lots of countries so good for them and everyone deserves fair wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Love how the RTE headline is about Musk apologising for endorsing an anti-Semitic post, while using a screenshot of him saying "Go f*ck yourself" to advertisers who left or paused spending because he endorsed an anti-Semitic post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good god what word salad; her golden parachute is gonna taste quite sweet when she has had enough covering Musk's whirling nonsense.

X is enabling an information independence that's uncomfortable for some people. We're a platform that allows people to make their own decisions. And here’s my perspective when it comes to advertising: X is standing at a unique and amazing intersection of Free Speech and Main Street — and the X community is powerful and is here to welcome you. To our partners who believe in our meaningful work -- Thank You.

Buahaha; oh right, so these advertisers are just scared of Billy Big Balls it seems. And investors, especially those hailing from paces like Saudi Arabia, Russia or China, aren't exactly known for their passionate defence of your ideas of Free Speech, Linda. I wonder is the liquor cabinet in her mansion running dry more often these days, slugging back Dutch Courage as she's penning these waffly nothings to defend a manchild's impulses.

I saw a load of new posts and thought, yikes, something happened. And sure enough it was glorious. The emperor isn't just naked here he's bending backwards and flashing his crack & calling it innovation. No doubt his fanboys will look into his anus and say, what craft, what innovation, what forward thinking.

A company whose sole income stream was advertisers, has lost all its major advertisers, and Musk openly insults them - including the largest media company on the planet (sad face) - for the end-results and thinking of ... what? Aside from the huge applause he thought he'd get, is musk having a mental breakdown 'cos this is kinda moving beyond a joke at this stage. I want Twitter to fail and burn to the ground - but I didn't think we'd get a blaze at the fireworks factory either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He really is just a petulant child who throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

correction: a racist, anti-semitic, petulant child. Let's not let that one get lost in the latest round of collective bafflement as Musk spirals out of control.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is he high?

The man has lost his mind, or is on something. Man, the audience's silence throughout that was excruciating and clearly the interviewer had no idea where to take that. His little gambit that "Earth" will judge the advertisers as those to blame for Twitter's now-admitted downfall is quite the flex; not sure that's how it'll be judged outside of his little circlejerk groups online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭crusd

That was so funny

"Go **** yourself" - and pause for applause, oh **** no one is applauding, they mustn't have heard me I'll say it again "Go **** yourself Bob", some people laughed I have them, or are they laughing are me, I am really wearing no clothes, no I am the great infallible Elon and mere mortals bow down below my towering intellect

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

he's a man who's made his way through life, succeeding by luck or by bullying. now he's in a situation where those are the only tools he has to hand, but luck is not on his side.

• Advertisement

He also, essentially, created markets out of nothing so could control the narrative and enjoy the plaudits context free; not without reason Tesla is now struggling as the rest of the automotive industry has caught up and overtaken them. Musk could define his own mythology; no longer since buying twitter.

Twitter is not an empty space, exists in a well understood, advertisement driven industry, so Musk is struggling to work with something he neither understands or has experience in. Plus add in whatever resentfulness he's obviously carrying from the days he was blocked from renaming PayPal to X.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure what's more uncomfortable to watch: Elon Musk's delivery in that car crash interview, or Nathan Fielder's performance in the ongoing (rather good) television series The Curse. At least the latter one is on purpose.

the gas thing about that interview is watching the interviewer struggling to figure out how to handle it; musk drops a couple of lunatic statements and the interviewer reacts as if he'd said something mildly interesting, instead of challenging him on it in a 'that statement is one of the most ludicrous ones i've ever heard in a business context, ever' sort of manner.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh my word, that is excruciating.

He is dissembling rapidly

In fairness it's clearly one of those Conferences where "Leaders" come to tell the world how terribly thoughtful and amazing they are; a physical embodiment of what LinkedIn is now: humblebrag'ing and puffery. And even if he got a little pushback the way Musk is, he'd probably have stormed off the stage - or told the interviewer to fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Love it. Good draft of his pr strategy when everything goes tits up.

He's some moron.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Linda Yaccarino is associating herself with and covering for his madness. Not a great look when she needs to move on.

Musk just seems like a dumpster fire in the last few years.

I dunno: it could have the opposite effect. Can't imagine many CEOs or anyone at the altitude Yaccarino operates at are gonna sympathise with Musk, and like the manager to who takes over a team destined for relegation, she could only win here. Save the company and she's a genius; the company sinks anyway and, well, there was no saving it & Musk had doomed it before she ever came along. And either way, she's gonna make bank out of all this (unless Musk tries to stiff her out of her bonuses in Civil Court)

i read an article recently which discussed the fact that women have shorter stays on average in CEO roles, but that women tend to be drafted into top tier roles in times of crisis; to companies already flailing. and it made me think of poor Linda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup its called the glass cliff, where a woman is brought in to be used as the scape goat for a failing company that couldn't possibly be turned around.

Advertisement