Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm sure its entirely coincidental that once again h&m try to overshadow a royal event by dropping these "leaks". William and Catherine are attending the Albert Hall for the royal variety show tomorrow, just when Catherine's name was added to the royal racist list. Quelle surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’d bet they’ll run to ground and say nothing. Meaghan is busy trying to get her be “positive” brand or whatever it’s called off the ground- she needs this like a hole in the head right now.

The challenge of course is, it will follow her no matter what she does.

More and more I get the feeling that H&M are just “playing” happy families- I think far from happy they are these days and each PR stunt is looking more and more staged- if desperation needs a new definition for 2023, then look no further.

It’s a big PR headache- make a statement saying not true and you’re adding to the whole debate - say nothing and you’re essentially saying “yeah, dem da two we woz goin on about”

They can’t win but they’ll likely say nothing or say very little like “what the world needs now is love, sweet love”- and then get sued by Hal David and Burt Bacharach or their estates if no longer alive 😀

Ha ha well done Piers - we all know the two names but putting it out there in such a public manner is going to put the pile of sh1te right back on the doorstep of Meaghan - your move honey bun - my advice is, pick up a motivational banana and have a good munch -yer gonna need all that energy 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

So from what I can make out she wrote a letter to King Charles accusing him of being racist?! And a couple of weeks ago she was texting him, even though apparently he doesn't have a mobile. She's like the weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She loves a good letter doesn't she? I'd imagine the rf are very very careful about what they put in writing back to her, if they even reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Hehehehe saw that last night also. I'm a little confused, from the sounds of it the Dutch correspondent guy seemed to suggest the actual names were published? They weren't just named by deduction? Were they actually explicitly named? Are the laws not as tight in the Netherlands and France around this sort of thing I wonder? It seems very intentional if so, it's just another marketing ploy.

The whole thing is a joke, the very definition of storm in a tea cup. All of it is for clout and marketing IMO instigated by Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

The Times "Leading Article" this morning is rightfully scathing of (what I saw earlier is now being called) Bellendgame. A bit of a tilt towards, "Waaagh", perhaps?

Behind a paywall, the first couple of paragraphs just set the scene. It's left to the final paragraph to deliver the unmistakeable message

And yet, they persist in not only clinging on to their noble titles, but using those titles freely and frequently, not least when pursuing commercial gain and influence. Moreover, they have ostentatiously styled their young son and daughter as Prince ­Archie and Princess Lilibet respectively. This self-serving attachment to the trappings of a family and an institution which they have otherwise ­rejected, and continue to trash, is hypocritical and distasteful. If the Sussexes had any shame, they would decide to be the Sussexes no longer. As it is, there are 30 dukes in the peerages of Britain and Ireland. King Charles would not be blamed if he acted to reduce that number to 29.

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Fair play to M&H - I didn’t think I would ever take the royal family’s side in anything but they’ve achieved so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Harry and Meghan were moaning that their concerns were ignored and not addressed but then when concerns were addressed head on (within weeks of the Oprah interview) private details from that interaction ended up in a book. Fool me once shame on you (Gayle King broadcasting about private phone call), fool me twice shame on me (letter exchange published in a book). Will they ever be trusted again? Doubtful. And yet we still see PR nonsense about them willing to accept an invitation to Sandringham.

It’s the same manipulative BS i.e. they get to grandstand saying they're willing to reconcile while knowing nobody wants to give them the time of day and then when there is no inevitable invite then the family are clearly the villains who don’t want to see or know the kids, waaagh.

Nobody needs that crap particularly those they want to collaborate with and be friendly with in LA who are watching all this unfold. His family will want absolutely nothing to do with them ever again after this and surely this will dawn on Harry. Anyone beyond those with a cult like devotion to them will, via plain old common sense, implicitly understand why that particular family are right to shun them. The book was going to flop since it didn’t make the top 100 on Amazon. Then the news about the translation error leaked and it is now in the top 100. Job done.

It’s so ridiculous now that since it mentions the “Princess of Wales” then people assume it means Kate but at the time of the allegations Camilla was legally the Princess of Wales. She didn’t use the title so the question in this pathetic soap opera now becomes is it Camilla or Kate this mistake was referring to?

Answer in calligraphy and on a monogram headed letter please.

• Advertisement

So basically family argues over who spends Christmas with who?

Hardly unique, but Riveting all the same. 😕

Main and most senior person named - the second was by inference I think.

Yep total sh1t show - unlikely a law suit though let’s face it - keep calm and carry on/never complain never explain will get them through this- but it’s H&M that really need to be worried- they can never again do an interview other than a pre arranged one without this arising - it will become an elephant in the room also on their precious charities and “be kind” messaging - how can they represent human kindness when they are just so b1tchy and vindictive themselves?

They created this monster - doesn’t matter that it’s Scabies book .

I think it's quite reprehensible of Omid Scobies to be ducking and diving over this "mistranslation", putting a professional translator under the spotlight and having to refute any suggestion that she would have changed the original. Omid really is a piece of work. This speaks volumes about H&M (currently they have lost their voices) and their puppet Omid. They are all a disgrace and I sincerely hope that they start to pay a price for the moaning, groaning, whining and bitching they have been undertaking for years.

It’s a delicious and well deserved Christmas present to them - their future plans of making dosh spewing their tone deaf bollox are well and truly in tatters- doubt they’ll be looking to upgrade their moncitio mansion any time soon as previously rumoured 😀

Vast majority of comments I’ve seen online are supportive of RF and scathing of Scabies and the two privacy goons. They’re getting what they’re owed now- absolutely no Christmas invite to the family homestead that’s for sure

So the victim of racism is the bad person here?

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Herinneringen kunnen variëren.

I can translate too! 😀

Catherine, Princess of Wales at tonight's Royal Variety performance. I think the byline should be Catherine Tate - "Am I bovvered?"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,624 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Exact shtick as you had with the Martens thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Why do ye bother engaging?

Meghan Markle and her unborn child.

How do you not know this, it's a pretty big story.

Scabies and the Harkles really aren't the brightest.

Meghan didn't collaborate with the previous book until she suddenly remembered while facing a perjury charge, Scabies didn't name them in the book until the translator says he did, and Harry is whinging about sausages and childhood bedrooms.

You'd tell them to grow up if they were teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,624 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I wonder could the translator sue Scabies for publicly blaming her and insinuating she's incompetent?

It would make a change seeing the Markles of Montecito as defendants rather than plaintiffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I gave up ages ago.. Saw a clip of his interview. He claims he had nothing to do with this but how did the Dutch print the two names?

In your mind - keep going with your false narrative if it pleases you but there’s not one rational person here who agrees that Meaghan is a “victim” of racism - indeed even Meaghan herself has downgrade this to unconscious bias- a big word I know but look, if you want to champion a cause Meaghan has dropped a long time ago now on the advice of her PR company, hey I’m not going to get in the way of you reducing Meaghan's future earning power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Really? Can you point out what racism exactly?

Advertisement